Blue Bombers - 2024 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

2 hours ago, JCon said:

And, yet, they can't stop him. 

Augustine was a waste, but I'm happy BO is back. Other GMs were prepared to pay him more. 

Agree with this. It should have been Brady and a rookie American to spell him. 
If the American kid performs better, move forward in the off-season. 

27 minutes ago, BomberBall. said:

Adams is a crazy athlete.

IF he fixed his follow through on his punting mechanics and worked on it he could be a legit punter at the pro level. Dude is nutty. Going to start for us at end as a 290lbs guy, and he played huge reps last week at end. If he dropped 15-20 lbs, he could be the scariest edge guy full time. 

Not a fan of Bridges playing serious reps, he and karamoko were a hot mess last week. 

8 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

Let Adams launch one during a game!  I'd feel sorry for anyone who tries to run the kicker while he was back there.

I could legit see letting him kick off. Imagine how he kicks with a running start and not needing to go knee to face on follow through. 

Just now, JuranBoldenRules said:

Great idea to have a 300 lb guy playing around punting when we’re already down 3 guys in that position group.

Thats a good point. hes gotta last for a long season this year. 

4 hours ago, M.Silverback said:

No question he's better than Augustine. Not sure he's better than some late NFL cut who we could bring in. I like him, I just would have let some other GM overpay him. 

Generally speaking and dating back to last year.  All the late NFL cuts in the world brought in by other teams have been unable to outperform BO. And they wouldn't be coming in with leadership and Canadian passport. Id be more worried about it if we had paid Ouillette more than half the money we paid BO. The only american runningback really worth spending up to get right now is James Butler. If a good all around runningback who can do it all like Butler and like BO were so easy to find why do teams spend on players like Ouillette?

3 minutes ago, bb1 said:

Yeah people getting hurt punting all the time,look at poor Bob Cameron's short career...🙄

DL suffer high ankle sprains at a very high rate though, as well as pulled hammies for the big guys. IF you watch his college punts he gets distance but doesn't extend well and looks stiff. Punters, and kickers, do an exceptional amount of work to keep their legs loose enough to kick consistently. Adding that work load to a nose tackle who is already playing the edge, and had some wind issues, isn't a great move. 

12 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Great idea to have a 300 lb guy playing around punting when we’re already down 3 guys in that position group.

we are one more DL injury away from being utterly screwed...we pretty much screwed as is...Wj...Woods...Adams should be our base formation....Ali Fayed if he able to play 60% of reps and is actually impactful can slide outside for some reps...and spell of WJ and Adams....Work in Schmeck for roataion and Samson next...see what the kid can do...Thomas should see the least snaps of anyone and if Samson and Schmeck show they can spell off our last standing studs...then next game they should park him and add a younger guy who can contribute on teams...Basically get Charbeneau back on...Or Kelly if/when he ready...We prob roster Hubert just because tho...,which is a move that is basically of no consequence and likely he stands around most the game...in typical fashion of last few yrs

4 minutes ago, bb1 said:

Man lot of trite bitchin on this website lately, i sure hope the Bombers win if only to slow the hyperbole around here..🙄

a win last week would have been the worst thing in all honesty...would have glossed over...a lot of issues if for only a week, and aslo validated Osh's stupid roster makeup and personell choices, and he would have trotted out the exact same lineup and just been further down the hole we need to claw out of...even tho I wanna win everygame...theres lotsa time left in the season to right the ship and another loss...due to the issues of late may just be the best thing moving forward...as sad as it is to say, 

5 minutes ago, bb1 said:

Man lot of trite bitchin on this website lately, i sure hope the Bombers win if only to slow the hyperbole around here..🙄

I sure hope they win but it will not stop the hyperbole. We are the worst team in the league so far this season and this team is not making any changes. So, more of the same this week. 

I wonder how MOS will enjoy all the booing Friday night?