Blue Bombers - 2024 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

4 minutes ago, CrazyCanuck89 said:

That's cause you don't know how to evaluate talent.  Kramdi had a good game.  Pressure, tackle for loss, etc.

Says the guy who suggested that pass pro for a RB was the easiest thing to do.

7 minutes ago, CrazyCanuck89 said:

That's cause you don't know how to evaluate talent.  Kramdi had a good game.  Pressure, tackle for loss, etc.

I disagree. Kramdi has good isolated reps but nowhere near consistent enough to be more than a rotational piece. 
When he’s on every down, he gets exploited. Constantly in chase mode and gets mixed up in the short game, especially when it’s someone on the line of scrimmage coming across. Too many missed tackles as well. 

11 minutes ago, Colin Unger said:

They're between a rock and a hard place here. Now that we're 0 and 4 they feel like we have to get desperate. Personally it would have been better to wait and have more money to spend on NFL cuts like potentially Mack. But if they don't start winning games now no NFL cut is going to want to sign with a team that has a limit chance of making the playoffs. Im not even sure if Lucky has anything to add to a CFL team at this stage. Im only ok with this if he was given at or near rookie money and no gaurentee of starting. 

I agree with you here. Kramdi is not an example of bad Canadian talent.  The issue on this team isn't Canadain talent it more our lack of young American talent. We started 10 Canadians yesterday. 

I wouldn't want to lose his youtube content. 

The necessity of which is very arguable. 

If lucky is going to be on the pr to start I’m good with it. Not an optimal move but it’s some thing. Until nfl cuts hit the wr market is thin unless you give up assets. Pr and see if he has any thing left. Maybe he was playing hurt last year. Don’t want to see him go right to the ar and eat up much money though. 
 I agree with jbr too that weinke would be a far better fit for what we need. 

I wonder what it’d take to re acquire Bailey from Toronto.  If it’s a mid pick and a throw in I’d be in favour of that. Even better if we can toss in a vet holding us back like kola. 

As for the talk of an offensive consultant to buck, keep Paul away. His shtick is already bucks shortfall, and we saw what he did to strevy in the past. Do not want. 
 The guy would top that list while being available right now for me, is khari jones. I know he’s failed as a coach and oc by and large and is out of football for a reason. BUT, he could actually off set bucks weaknesses pretty well. 1) he ran some really good option offence in Montreal. Bucks option plays are junk. I don’t think he can coach it. Khari can. They also made good use of timing routes. 2) Khari has familiarity with the plop system, and the best screen/short game Paul ever coached was with Khari. 3) khari has been a hc, and could slide into a short term offensive qc role pushing buck but still getting along with him and the locker room well. 4) khari is close with wade and should be as cheap as we need. 

Other wise, I think the options are extremely limited. 

2 hours ago, Slimy Sculpin said:

The Bombers, as they're currently made up, have many problems. Of the problems, I think that one of the major ones is that our Canadian talent, starting Canadians in particular, is sub-par. Three stand out (in a bad way) to me: Kolankowski, Thomas and Kramdi. I'll pick on Kramdi for no particular reason. Kramdi in my view isn't starter material. He tends to lose his man in coverage or closes too fast and loses contain.

In spite of all of the problems, three of the four games played so far have been winnable. I'm not jumping off the ledge just yet as I think that there's still plenty of season left to turn things around and squeeze into a playoff spot (crossover?).

an cant tackle worth ****....he is the worst SAM in the league....nobody would play him like we do...but Osh gonna Osh

41 minutes ago, CrazyCanuck89 said:

i do.....and he is sub par....any guy with tons of reps will make some plays...it's the ones he doesn't...and cant...and the after the fact tackles....guy is not starter material...no way...no how.....only here with Osh's distorted thinking and evaluation he is

43 minutes ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

I disagree. Kramdi has good isolated reps but nowhere near consistent enough to be more than a rotational piece. 
When he’s on every down, he gets exploited. Constantly in chase mode and gets mixed up in the short game, especially when it’s someone on the line of scrimmage coming across. Too many missed tackles as well. 

The necessity of which is very arguable. 

we didnt need to start 10....but Osh will cause..well he Osh...even if they not the best option...or have the most skill....He is killing us with his lack of urgency...his desire to play sub par guys...and his inability to actually coach things up....and then he goes and handicaps his roster with oor choices...and viola....u get what we see...and it's been comiong for 2+ yrs

I'm not as negative on the Lucky signing as many here...people act like he is 38 yrd old and a marginal athletic guy....polar opposite to that...he knows the league..the db's...he knows the spots to go...and can still take top off a defence and garner attention....Plus he can also return if need be...and be better than anything we have had since Grant got hurt last yr, and be a good mentor to Smith...I like the signing...and you know he will come in and bring some badly needed heart and fire....and prove he still has it

Beggars cant be chooser's here...and I just wish our staff and management got serious and managed like a legit organization...surveyed the scene and realized...Thomas...Ba...Kolo....even Biggie aren't the future here....and won't have any impact for 2025 and cut em lose now before we cant due to salaries being gauranteed.....I would DA Biggie for his leadeship and abiity to be a nice rotation piece and in game back-up but the time is now to incorporate the new blood and let them find thier way...hanging on to this glut of washed up crap is pointless...and has us 0-4....I would also stop the excessive Canadians starting and high reps experiment (Kramdi/Schmeck) and actually use impactful talent and let them make impacts....

Edited by Booch

18 minutes ago, Booch said:

an cant tackle worth ****....he is the worst SAM in the league....nobody would play him like we do...but Osh gonna Osh

i do.....and he is sub par....any guy with tons of reps will make some plays...it's the ones he doesn't...and cant...and the after the fact tackles....guy is not starter material...no way...no how.....only here with Osh's distorted thinking and evaluation he is

We used nichols in the run fit instead of kramdi most of last night. Tells you a lot. 

9 minutes ago, Booch said:

we didnt need to start 10....but Osh will cause..well he Osh...even if they not the best option...or have the most skill....He is killing us with his lack of urgency...his desire to play sub par guys...and his inability to actually coach things up....and then he goes and handicaps his roster with oor choices...and viola....u get what we see...and it's been comiong for 2+ yrs

I'm not as negative on the Lucky signing as many here...people act like he is 38 yrd old and a marginal athletic guy....polar opposite to that...he knows the league..the db's...he knows the spots to go...and can still take top off a defence and garner attention....Plus he can also return if need be...and be better than anything we have had since Grant got hurt last yr, and be a good mentor to Smith...I like the signing...and you know he will come in and bring some badly needed heart and fire....and prove he still has it

Beggars cant be chooser's here...and I just wish our staff and management got serious and managed like a legit organization...surveyed the scene and realized...Thomas...Ba...Kolo....even Biggie aren't the future here....and won't have any impact for 2025 and cut em lose now before we cant due to salaries being gauranteed.....I would DA Biggie for his leadeship and abiity to be a nice rotation piece and in game back-up but the time is now to incorporate the new blood and let them find thier way...hanging on to this glut of washed up crap is pointless...and has us 0-4....I would also stop the excessive Canadians starting and high reps experiment (Kramdi/Schmeck) and actually use impactful talent and let them make impacts....

you start 10 Canadians and play soo far over the limit you deserve to lose. 

most of those guys aren’t even part of the current picture if we want to make the play offs. We’ve officially rode the old boys club into the dumpster. If we cut ba, biggie, Thomas, colonslowski, and Sheahan we’d instantly improve. 

3 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

We used nichols in the run fit instead of kramdi most of last night. Tells you a lot. 

you start 10 Canadians and play soo far over the limit you deserve to lose. 

most of those guys aren’t even part of the current picture if we want to make the play offs. We’ve officially rode the old boys club into the dumpster. If we cut ba, biggie, Thomas, colonslowski, and Sheahan we’d instantly improve. 

I was gonna ay...Nichols was playing out of his mind...then I realized he was neing used like a SAM should...what a difference....I'm sure Kramdi is a nice dude..says the right thing....is all about the cuture..blah blah blah....but talent wins h=games....he not starter talent

2 minutes ago, voodoochylde said:

I know he’ s been one of everyone’s favourite whipping boys but Biggie quietly had himself a solid game and probably one of his best in awhile.  

yeah...he did....and I think with reduced reps...certain packages and role...he's be cats-ass as the DA/Nationalized American...his days as the defacto guy are behind him....but he could be a valuable role guy...used on ST's....

36 minutes ago, voodoochylde said:

I know he’ s been one of everyone’s favourite whipping boys but Biggie quietly had himself a solid game and probably one of his best in awhile. 

Don’t agree. Biggie was getting pushed around by every blocker on the field for Calgary, and when he was in the gap 1on1 he was consistently beaten by mills and Steven’s.  

the two best plays he was involved in, one Tfl and one stop at the line, were both made by hubert. Hubert on the tfl read the play, got off his block, got down field and forced the cut back into biggie and a pile. Biggie gets credit but was entirely the beneficiary. The other Hubert was riding his man up field cut inside and took biggies blocker out while mills tripped over the heap of bodies into biggie.

Last year biggie was un able to get off blocks but was an asset dropping back into a medium and short zone, and could tackle one on one still. When he wasn’t pulled out of his alignment on an A gap he could fill or even be funnelled to. He can’t do any of that this year. 

45 minutes ago, Booch said:

I was gonna ay...Nichols was playing out of his mind...then I realized he was neing used like a SAM should...what a difference....I'm sure Kramdi is a nice dude..says the right thing....is all about the cuture..blah blah blah....but talent wins h=games....he not starter talent

yeah...he did....and I think with reduced reps...certain packages and role...he's be cats-ass as the DA/Nationalized American...his days as the defacto guy are behind him....but he could be a valuable role guy...used on ST's....

Yeah I nichols quietly had one of his best games between pass and run D. 
 It’s funny, having a Canadian dime rotational guy is great. Most teams would love to have a guy like that on the Bench, vs a S who plays like a scarecrow. But we just have to force him into a starting role for some reason. 

Griffin looked really good in his reps, and they played him at S some in practice last week which is a great fit, but he also has perfect size for a modern sam. If we moved cole and griffin into the full time S and Sam roles, either playing either spot, the improvement would be gigantic. 
 Or even moving holm to S, bridges to his spot, griffin to Sam and Cole to wil. I’m not sure Ayers is a mack, but any thing is better than what we have right now. 

1 minute ago, 17to85 said:

Man Hubert for a really late pick looks like a solid young piece.

Yeah he is. And with his size 6’4 265 he can play some inside. If he bulked up a bit he could play as much inside as out. Tremendous player and talent. 

2 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

I think they'll continue the country club approach, keep the old guard and not make the major changes needed.

Hard to tell from a distance but O'Shea may be so emotionally invested in keeping "his" underperforming players that it may come down to having to fire him before needed and obvious changes can be made.

If Whitehead is brought in, it will destroy my confidence in Walters despite all the good work he has done. Whitehead had speed, but was brittle with mediocre hands. We now have a good kick returner and he may also be a good RB and/or receiver. To my view, he is just another aging veteran with his best years behind him, and we have more than enough of those.

57 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Hard to tell from a distance but O'Shea may be so emotionally invested in keeping "his" underperforming players that it may come down to having to fire him before needed and obvious changes can be made.

If Whitehead is brought in, it will destroy my confidence in Walters despite all the good work he has done. Whitehead had speed, but was brittle with mediocre hands. We now have a good kick returner and he may also be a good RB and/or receiver. To my view, he is just another aging veteran with his best years behind him, and we have more than enough of those.

I wish we had an Ameeican HC...as we would not have to be dealing with this....to this extreme...

1 minute ago, Booch said:

I wish we had an Ameeican HC...as we would not have to be dealing with this....to this extreme...

I don't buy that it is a Canadian issue. This is a personality thing. Cause Damien Jackson had nothing to do with Canada and neither does sheahan.

1 hour ago, Booch said:

I wish we had an American HC...as we would not have to be dealing with this....to this extreme...

We would probably still be dealing with crap, just a different kind of crap. I seem to recall American GMs and Head Coaches who detested and barely tolerated any and all Canadian players, benching them whenever they could.

I doubt that the current dilemma has anything to do with passports, just a phenomena called "displacement". O'Shea aged out of playing in the CFL  I would bet that was a major component of his identity, and the loss of that caused him a lot of anguish, particularly if he did not foresee/accept the inevitability of retirement. So now he probably sees the same processes at work in players whose careers are winding down and whom he likes and it evokes a lot of unfinished business for him as he identifies with them. 

If he cannot come to terms with this, he needs to go as the business end of the sport is implacable.

Edited by Tracker

7 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

I think they'll continue the country club approach, keep the old guard and not make the major changes needed.

Im assuming you mean that Thomas, Bighill and Alexander will be back? Can’t imagine we’re complaining about Bryant and Jefferson who have been the teams best players in their respective groups. 

——-///////

At least we won’t be facing Trevor Harris on labor day or banjo bowl.  We need to get at least a couple wins before then for it to matter. 

Edited by Colin Unger

Kramdi and Cole are our best linebackers currently. That’s more of a statement as to the state of our other 2 who get reps. Bighill and Wilson both suck. 

1 hour ago, Colin Unger said:

Im assuming you mean that Thomas, Bighill and Alexander will be back? Can’t imagine we’re complaining about Bryant and Jefferson who have been the teams best players in their respective groups. 

——-///////

At least we won’t be facing Trevor Harris on labor day or banjo bowl.  We need to get at least a couple wins before then for it to matter. 

Bryant has been taking more stupid penalties this year than he has his entire bomber career. At what point do ppl realize all our vets including Collaros are cooked. Hubert and Fayad do more than Jefferson. This love of vets needs to stop. 

Edited by Goalie

5 hours ago, Booch said:

It's both...stupidity....and staunch Canadiana...he was the only...if not one the only who voted against the nationalized American rule too...so in his stubborn way refused to use it.

Serious question. Keep in mind I appreciate your opinions on here. 

were you the guy who kept trying to become the coach of the team b4 because there was a fan who did that. It just seems no matter what they do, you won’t like it. Like I said I appreciate your opinions but is there anything that he does that you actually do approve of? 

16 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Serious question. Keep in mind I appreciate your opinions on here. 

were you the guy who kept trying to become the coach of the team b4 because there was a fan who did that. It just seems no matter what they do, you won’t like it. Like I said I appreciate your opinions but is there anything that he does that you actually do approve of? 

That happened? I kinda wanna know more behind that story lol!