Blue Bombers - 2024 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

1 hour ago, Goalie said:

Serious question. Keep in mind I appreciate your opinions on here. 

were you the guy who kept trying to become the coach of the team b4 because there was a fan who did that. It just seems no matter what they do, you won’t like it. Like I said I appreciate your opinions but is there anything that he does that you actually do approve of? 

There is lots I like and will comment on...but I am also not an idiot and boot licker...and been around the game a long time..in various capacities...and still am...and when I see for a lack of a better word "stupid" stuff going on I will say it.

And not to say I told you so...but last yr already...actually even late 2022 I started on this.. and to say we need to be very wary/careful cause i could see what's coming..and where it may lead us...and lots u all laughed...mocked it...etc..etc...well here we are...I have seen this and been part of it first hand so was very obvious to me...and a few others

No clue tho what u talking about in regards to some fan wanting to be coach..I don't recall that.

That being said I know if I was handed the reigns in Jan 2024 we'd be sitting at 3-1 right now at minimum 

1 hour ago, Goalie said:

Serious question. Keep in mind I appreciate your opinions on here. 

were you the guy who kept trying to become the coach of the team b4 because there was a fan who did that. It just seems no matter what they do, you won’t like it. Like I said I appreciate your opinions but is there anything that he does that you actually do approve of? 

Wait, a fan tried to do what?

35 minutes ago, Booch said:

There is lots I like and will comment on...but I am also not an idiot and boot licker...and been around the game a long time..in various capacities...and still am...and when I see for a lack of a better word "stupid" stuff going on I will say it.

And not to say I told you so...but last yr already...actually even late 2022 I started on this.. and to say we need to be very wary/careful cause i could see what's coming..and where it may lead us...and lots u all laughed...mocked it...etc..etc...well here we are...I have seen this and been part of it first hand so was very obvious to me...and a few others

No clue tho what u talking about in regards to some fan wanting to be coach..I don't recall that.

That being said I know if I was handed the reigns in Jan 2024 we'd be sitting at 3-1 right now at minimum 

I don’t know how anything else would be but I’m damn sure Eli would be our center and Tre Thomas would be our starting WIL lol 

@Booch In a hypothetical, Osh gets fired at the end of the year, who you hiring (besides yourself lol) 

My choice would be Pete Costanza. Came up under Huff mostly,  nothing but success everywhere he’s been. Part of multiple championship staffs. Never read a bad word about him from a personality standpoint. Not entrenched enough as a coordinator to be a meddler. 

Edited by JohnnyAbonny

40 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Wait, a fan tried to do what?

Yup. I remember around the Kelly era. I would actually listen to the coaches show as it was finally entertaining. Mike and Bob both mentioned a fan constantly sending in his resume to apply for a coaching job. They laughed. I laughed.  I don’t want to say I knew his Winnipeg girlfriend but someone I know did and yup even she mentioned fans sending in resumes. Does anyone remember G Bill? I was convinced it was him. 

Edited by Goalie

1 minute ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

Sure would. Damn..imagine that DL at full health with a rotation of Fox/Woods/Lawson/Adams/Willie/Garbutt. 

And Thomas. You know Thomas would get more reps also.  Nothing they have done this year suggests they even think there are problems on the field. 

Edited by Goalie

Dru Brown ain’t looking so **** hot either currently and I’d have kept him over Zach. 

perhaps familiarity but I think our oline is crap and could be the current worst oline in the league so not sure he’d do much more either here. 

something not talked about enough. 
 Buck Pierce. Our O is embarrassingly bad for long stretches. That’s partly on the play calls. I understand he not telling Zach or Strev but more so Zach here where to throw the ball but seems so predictable. 

Strev comes in. Time to run. It’s just become predictable 

Edited by Goalie

1 minute ago, wbbfan said:

Add in hubert and you’re golden. Fayad on the pr In case any one goes down. Top to bottom that could be the best dl in the league. 

Haba as well, though I’m not sure he’d have made it out of camp if everyone was healthy

12 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Yup. I remember around the Kelly era. I would actually listen to the coaches show as it was finally entertaining. Mike and Bob both mentioned a fan constantly sending in his resume to apply for a coaching job. They laughed. I laughed.  I don’t want to say I knew his Winnipeg girlfriend but someone I know did and yup even she mentioned fans sending in resumes. Does anyone remember G Bill? I was convinced it was him. 

That was around the same time as Sam Canadian, that guy who came on OB talking about how he could win the Bombers starting QB job, talking about putting on “workouts” at Assiniboine park or something. 

5 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Dru Brown ain’t looking so **** hot either currently and I’d have kept him over Zach. 

perhaps familiarity but I think our oline is crap and could be the current worst oline in the league so not sure he’d do much more either here. 

something not talked about enough. 
 Buck Pierce. Our O is embarrassingly bad for long stretches. That’s partly on the play calls. I understand he not telling Zach or Strev but more so Zach here where to throw the ball but seems so predictable. 

Strev comes in. Time to run. It’s just become predictable 

The entire team is predictable. I was saying a few weeks ago, when was the last time you saw the Bombers do anything innovative in any context? 

6 minutes ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

Haba as well, though I’m not sure he’d have made it out of camp if everyone was healthy

He would have for 1 reason. He was here last year. That matters more here now. He had experience and looked good in his limited time actually. I think he makes it. I think Hubert is on the PR. I think Jake is retired. I think Schmek is cut. Samson on PR also with probably Fayad if he accepted it. 

everyone healthy and some moves. 

Jefferson. Fox. Lawson,Garbutt. Haba. Adams. M Bennett. For ratio purposes plus Lawson is a legit starter. 

Edited by Goalie

2 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Almost 800 yards 3 tds 1 int teams 2-1

zach in a half more of football, almost 800 yards 0 TDS 4 ints 0-4 

brown is middle of the pack, in a not great set up and game managing 

Oh did they win? I’m at the beach. Just streaming like Netflix and Apple TV now here lol. 

1 hour ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

@Booch In a hypothetical, Osh gets fired at the end of the year, who you hiring (besides yourself lol) 

My choice would be Pete Costanza. Came up under Huff mostly,  nothing but success everywhere he’s been. Part of multiple championship staffs. Never read a bad word about him from a personality standpoint. Not entrenched enough as a coordinator to be a meddler. 

Personally I would go with Darryl Patterson...he has respect of players..and nice combo of some the older school coaching exposure but relates to players now. I liked what and where he came from in the States prior to coaching up here and is as close to a Richard Harris type as you will find...a man I had great respect for...and too bad he never got his chance as he would have been a long tenured and loved HC

19 minutes ago, Booch said:

Personally I would go with Darryl Patterson...he has respect of players..and nice combo of some the older school coaching exposure but relates to players now. I liked what and where he came from in the States prior to coaching up here and is as close to a Richard Harris type as you will find...a man I had great respect for...and too bad he never got his chance as he would have been a long tenured and loved HC

Yeah, some things just aren’t fair. Nevermind football, a special person like that being taken from their family is a ******* travesty. 

28 minutes ago, Booch said:

Think we actually talked about Patterson before and him being on the 88 team. 

Reading more, I didn’t realize he has a pretty good scouting network in the states as well, cool. 

7 hours ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

Think we actually talked about Patterson before and him being on the 88 team. 

Reading more, I didn’t realize he has a pretty good scouting network in the states as well, cool. 

Yes he is well connected and has a lot of experience..he'd be my guy as opposed to a recycled guy..

11 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Almost 800 yards 3 tds 1 int teams 2-1

zach in a half more of football, almost 800 yards 0 TDS 4 ints 0-4 

brown is middle of the pack, in a not great set up and game managing 

Hamilton dropped like 3 easy interceptions. He only looks good right now because of Hamilton's ineptitude.