Blue Bombers - 2024 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

5 minutes ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

No big changes, but man that’s a rough, rough looking WR corps, LBs too. Having Augustine, Feltmate and MCI is a waste of a roster spot.  So is Myron Mitchell. 

How are we better off with mci on instead of charbonneau? 
 Glad strevy is starting but man that depth chart is some where between a D- and an F, again. 

2 minutes ago, ddanger said:

I'm very late to the party this week. No internet at the lake....Can someone explain how in the world that hit on Zack was not a penalty?? Head down, lead with his helmet.

The officials were absolutely out to lunch the entire game. It was actually only like the 6th worst call. 

2 hours ago, GCn20 said:

My problem with analytics is that it doesn't weigh the gravity of the situation. Each play is given equal value, and of course, that is not how football works. It's a game of big plays at the right time.

exactly.....well put. Thats also why if you dont factor in the down/distance...situational plays...and also what and who had what assignment and responsibility....you cant come up with some hypothetical scoring system...it's garbage

13 minutes ago, Mike said:

I look at depth charts every week and I genuinely believe - even healthy - we are one of the most talent poor rosters in the league 

I can't argue that....And sadly it is self induced too....doesnt have to be that way

And the fact we are holding status quo...same ol same ol....after 0-4...and glaring issues...is just mind boggling.

I truly hope for a win, and that it's a large reason due to QB play.....that being said...a win is just gonna put more lipstick on a pig...validate Osh's piss poor roster as not an issue and keep this pathetic train chugging along as is...which won't be a good thing in the long run

Is anyone in this organization going to wake up? Do they just consider this a lost season? or are they just arrogant because of past success? I can’t imagine week after week the organization could just sit here and say yep this is fine. They obviously have a deep rooted attachment to these guys who are no longer starting caliber players..

Edited by Arnold_Palmer

8 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

How are we better off with mci on instead of charbonneau? 
 Glad strevy is starting but man that depth chart is some where between a D- and an F, again. 

we be better off withCharbonneau on for Feltmate...who offers zip....and no upside...MCI has oodles of it...and this is when you have to allow him to earn his chops...get acclimated....Dude is just as good on ST's....and offers way more as a FB... and a decoy alone if anything on some plays...you have to repsect his athleticism and speed...especially at his size....

I hope Strev makes a statement...and has a big...well rounded game....and That they installed stuff for him...to move him around and have Ottawa respect the run threat, but still have to maintain coverage

I hope the offensive schemes are more designed around Streve than it has been....I think the play calling has been as bad as the copius injuries we've been inflicted with....Hope for the best with that roster and hope to hell we've upped our game a lot since we last seen the RedNoir's...It's time to put 2 pts. up on the board

16 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

Is anyone in this organization going to wake up? Do they just consider this a lost season? or are they just arrogant because of past success? I can’t imagine week after week the organization could just sit here and say yep this is fine. They obviously have a deep rooted attachment to these guys who are no longer starting caliber players..

Perhaps this quote from our head coach will answer your question

“We’ve just made enough mistakes to just lose games. Just clean that up and we should be good.”

6 minutes ago, Mike said:

“We’ve just made enough mistakes to just lose games. Just clean that up and we should be good.”

Barf....He's totally clueless and out to lunch....and we are gonna be saddled all yr with him Osh'n the crap outta this team until it's in too late territory

Too bad he hasn't factored in a good majority of the mistakes...have been who he has rostered, how he conducted camp...and how he assesses talent, and practice time/reps

Edited by Booch

In this week's PFF article the bombers are ranked #9 in the league in offensive line play.  Dobsen now also has a rating for the season below average joining our other two non-import starters. Bryant is the only offensive lineman on the team to have a better than league average pass blocking score. 

34 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

Is anyone in that organization going to wake up? Do they just consider this a lost season? or are they just arrogant because of past success? I can’t imagine week after week the organization could just sit here and say yep this is fine. They obviously have a deep rooted attachment to these guys who are no longer starting caliber players..

I don't disagree but who are they going to bring in to make an immediate impact?  A couple of thoughts:

1. All three positions along the interior of the offensive line need work.  Dobson probably has the most tools to work with of the three but he hasn't been particularly good either and is actually making me miss Gray (who probably could have kicked out to right tackle in a pinch - he'd be no worse than Lofton).  This has been beaten to death but get Eli in for Kolankowski and then let things gel for a bit and hope that Eli brings more consistency to that group.
  2. Lofton needs to go - there's a reason he was punted from Saskatchewan (which was amongst the leagues worst lines last year).  He's awful.  If we don't have a guy on the PR who can perform better as good or better than he has so far this season, it's an epic failure.  Start bringing THOSE bodies into camp.
  3. I asked the question prior to game one:  will they let Streveler be something more than a gimmick QB?  Up until last game, the answer was no and that was only out of necessity.  Buck really needs to install an offense that takes advantage of his strengths but I'm not entirely convinced Buck will or can. 
  4. Our DBs need to get on the same page.  I don't know if it's schematic, lack of communication or not understanding their assignments but we've ROUTINELY seen our DBs struggle when (it looks) like they should passing off coverage.  Even Nichols, who is our best cover guy, was having issues early last game.

There's more I would do but those things have been talked about ad nauseum.  I also recognize that many / any changes along the offensive line would take time to bear fruit and continuity is such huge thing but the team not only has to start looking at the back half of this season but next year and beyond.

34 minutes ago, Booch said:

we be better off withCharbonneau on for Feltmate...who offers zip....and no upside...MCI has oodles of it...and this is when you have to allow him to earn his chops...get acclimated....Dude is just as good on ST's....and offers way more as a FB... and a decoy alone if anything on some plays...you have to repsect his athleticism and speed...especially at his size....

I hope Strev makes a statement...and has a big...well rounded game....and That they installed stuff for him...to move him around and have Ottawa respect the run threat, but still have to maintain coverage

I don't have a lot of confidence in Buck to install an offense that's going to put Strevy in the best spot to succeed which is ironic because, in a lot of ways, they are very similar players .. same warrior mentality, similar mobility (Strev moreso) .. the problem is our receiving corps won't scare anyone and we haven't demonstrated anything on offense that people will respect.  Defenses can keep everything in front of them and just come downhill.

1 hour ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

The officials were absolutely out to lunch the entire game. It was actually only like the 6th worst call. 

Thanks. And the league had nothing to say about it as well

7 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

Re-watch the play, what penalty are you expecting them to call?  Maybe they could charge Dobson with fleeing the scene of an accident???

That was 100% spearing. The crown of the helmet can never be the first point of contact. Especially against a player in a vulnerable position such as throwing the ball. 

The fact the command centre didnt step pissed me off. I'm genuinely confused by how that thing works. Will magically step in to call no end penalties or offside....but ignore a play that takes down someone who is (supposed to be anyways) one of the leagues stars?? It doesn't make sense

Edited by Bigblue204

1 hour ago, Booch said:

Feltmate and MCI have both not looked any good at FB. 

At least with Charbaneau off the roster they won’t be tempted to rotate him in on D. Maybe Ayers even get a defensive rep some day! 

13 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

Re-watch the play, what penalty are you expecting them to call?  Maybe they could charge Dobson with fleeing the scene of an accident???

It looked to me like spearing....Thought that was a penalty if you lead with your helmet?

Any week where you add Myron MItchell is a week where you have failed as an organization.

1 hour ago, Mike said:

That is what every team that lost a close game to the Bombers said over the last few years (you know, when the Bombers were good). Good teams do enough to win the close games. Bad teams keep telling themselves they are close when they lose them.

33 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Excited to see what Streveler does.

Wish we'd see at least one of Kolo, BA, Biggie or Jake replaced but MOS going to MOS. 

This is what drives me nuts.  No real changes being made to a team that has ZERO wins.  It sends a message that they are satisfied with their current position.  So frustrating.