Blue Bombers - 2024 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

17 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Under Unnecessary Roughness, here's the definition of spear CFL Rulebook 2024 Rule 7 Article 4 Part F:

Spear: When a player uses the top of their helmet as the primary point of contact to deliver a blow to an opponent.

(f) Using the helmet to butt, ram, spear, or deliver a blow to an opponent who is in a vulnerable position, including but not limited to, a passer, a receiver in the act of catching a pass, a ball carrier in the grasp of another tackler or a ball carrier 

on the playing surface not attempting to advance, 

NOTE: The expanded definitions of butt, ram and spear are:

Butt: When a player suddenly and quickly moves their head to strike an opponent with their helmet or facemask.

Ram: When a player who is in motion and on their feet uses their helmet as the primary point of contact to deliver a blow to an opponent. If the facemask is the initial point of contact on the opponent, it shall not be a penalty under this rule.

Spear: When a player uses the top of their helmet as the primary point of contact to deliver a blow to an opponent.

He was a passer. I'd say the helmet was the primary point of contact, but I'm not sure it was the top of the helmet. 

Going to Article 5 – Roughing the Passer part g: clears it up.

(g) Contacting the passer when either the initial or primary source of contact is the defender’s helmet

So yes, it should have been a penalty IMO.

4 hours ago, Booch said:

actually...I can factually tell the opposite..Winnipeg is an easy sell for many many Americans. That isnt a detriment whatsoever. Tho I can say of recent, I think some players who are looking to make the next step....and by that I mean in the CFL will/are avoiding here as they see that there is not a real legit opp here in some areas...and we have had talent walk away as well due to this..Brown..Bolo...most recently and if Eli wasn't signed thrue 2025 you can bet he would be eploring elsewhere next yr as well...Likely some Dline guys too will be. 

Really? That’s awsome, I know that wasn’t always the case. 

10 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

Bomber bias aside it was a clean hit. Pretty much text book. Would I like to see a flag on a play where my QB is injured? Probably. But I can’t justify it as a dirty play. 

I didn’t have a problem with where his helmet was so much but the defender drove through and the ball was out. I wouldn’t exactly call it dirty but that’s by the book RTP. 

15 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

I'm super confused at Chris-Ike being added for Murphy.  Chris-Ike was on the roster last week.

I count 45 on both this depth chart and the one for the Calgary game too.  Who is actually on for Murphy?

MCI hasnt played the last 2 games. He was added to the roster on July 2nd.

10 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

You'll have to brush up on the rules before you ascend to Head Coach and GM.

nope...My quality assistants will keep me posted as I assess talent...put best roster forward lol

6 minutes ago, Booch said:

nope...My quality assistants will keep me posted as I assess talent...put best roster forward lol

Putting it another way, 'I have people for that, I focus my attention on talent'. 🙂