Blue Bombers - 2024 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

2 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Looks like they popped him on the depth chart instead of Eli for the game in Calgary.  So that's it.

Which is weird because I see what you see now but that’s not the depth chart they released prior to the game

Run Strevy Run. Thankfully Strev has that ability. He’s not an immobile statue like Zach. They should roll him out lots tonight lots. Hopefully not just run the damn ball. What are the odds of a dumb play where Zach actually lines up as a receiver 

Edited by Goalie

16 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Run Strevy Run. Thankfully Strev has that ability. He’s not an immobile statue like Zach. They should roll him out lots tonight lots. Hopefully not just run the damn ball. What are the odds of a dumb play where Zach actually lines up as a receiver 

I think zero since O'Shea has already indicated Collaros will not play at all tonight... as a matter of fact, he probably won't even be dressed. 

1 hour ago, Goalie said:

thats part of the thing with ZC...he like a sitting duck back there if nobody is immediately open...or things break down...and either throws a pick....fumbles or just takes huge loss on a sack...no threat to run whatsoever, and no ability...or desire to use his legs to get positive yards or extend drives

Strev...he can escape...he can make somethig out of nothing, and teams have to respect the run and watch for designed run plays....and if Buck can finally use that, and then pass off of some of them to suck teams in..then we be rocking

All I want to see is a game plan where Streveler is an actual quarterback.... a few designed runs is ok... but I have a bad feeling there is going to be a lot design runs and RPO type stuff tonight... at this point, I don't have a lot of faith in Buck's game planning. 

8 minutes ago, bearpants said:

All I want to see is a game plan where Streveler is an actual quarterback.... a few designed runs is ok... but I have a bad feeling there is going to be a lot design runs and RPO type stuff tonight... at this point, I don't have a lot of faith in Buck's game planning. 

Rpo isn’t the future of football, it’s the past present and future. Every team runs rpo in various amounts and success. Good rpo packages are perfect for strevy. As of yet I haven’t seen much good rpo from buck. 

Just now, wbbfan said:

Rpo isn’t the future of football, it’s the past present and future. Every team runs rpo in various amounts and success. Good rpo packages are perfect for strevy. As of yet I haven’t seen much good rpo from buck. 

Yeah exactly the whole point of RPO is giving you the most options to succeed. Big hole? Hand it off, open receiver throw the ball, no holes, no open receiver take it out wide and run the balll. I think a full week of game planning will help us get accustomed to what Streveler does best. 

6 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

for sure... and I'm not saying he should never do it... but I'm concerned that's basically going to be the entire offense...

Its pretty frustrating that a deal with Whitehead, if it is in fact complete, took this amount of time to actually come to fruition. He missed a whole additional week of practice. Could be a while before he's in the lineup. We're desperate for wins right now.   Another couple of losses and the media is going to start talking about how hard the coaches cap makes it to fire people.

22 minutes ago, bearpants said:

for sure... and I'm not saying he should never do it... but I'm concerned that's basically going to be the entire offense...

I’m mostly concerned with the quality of  our running it. I’m not worried at all if we use it every snap if we use it half way decent. To date I haven’t seen buck lead any of our qbs to run it well. 

5 minutes ago, Colin Unger said:

Its pretty frustrating that a deal with Whitehead, if it is in fact complete, took this amount of time to actually come to fruition. He missed a whole additional week of practice. Could be a while before he's in the lineup. We're desperate for wins right now.   Another couple of losses and the media is going to start talking about how hard the coaches cap makes it to fire people.

farhan said it was a none related paperwork issue that slowed progress. 

7 minutes ago, Colin Unger said:

Nah he’s a vet. He should be in next week.

9 minutes ago, Colin Unger said:

I don't think it's too unusual.  It was only reported that he was in discussions and was expected to sign.  It's not like they had a deal done a week ago and he's just coming in now.  Not much different than Oakman in Edmonton - his signing was reported but still hasn't been made official.

2 minutes ago, Colin Unger said:

I sure hope he's in game shape. Its not like he got cut out of training camp.

If he’s physically got any thing left in the tank, it won’t be a concern imo. He is an elite athlete especially in the speed measurables. 8.05/10 over all and 9.29/10 in the speed measurables. I have no idea what he has left physically though. 

1 minute ago, HardCoreBlue said:

I'm thinking Lucky aint so lucky with impactful injuries/regression type issues but hey hope I'm wrong.

Welcome back.  

Yeah I don't expect much from him but maybe it'll give Zach another target since he doesn't seem to want to throw to the rookies.