Blue Bombers - 2024 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

10 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

Yeah I don't expect much from him but maybe it'll give Zach another target since he doesn't seem to want to throw to the rookies.

To be fair he did throw to Keric. And the best of the rest for rookies has a catch rate like 30% below the adarius bowman line. 

2 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

To be fair he did throw to Keric. And the best of the rest for rookies has a catch rate like 30% below the adarius bowman line. 

Keric got good yardage in his first game but it was only 3 catches and he didn't have one ball thrown to him before he went down in his 2nd game.

I don't think Zack looked at anyone other than Demski or Woli in the last game.  Strevy at least spread the ball around, even if the passes went incomplete (most of which seemed to be on Strevy).

Wheatfall must be out longer also so I’m good with another veteran presence on O since the rookies really haven’t stepped up besides the injured one on O. 

lawler lucky demski Woli. Johnson to me right now ain’t bad. I might start Clerius over Johnson even. Dress Murphy and a us backup who can also return kicks like Kase. 

Edited by Goalie

1 hour ago, bearpants said:

All I want to see is a game plan where Streveler is an actual quarterback.... a few designed runs is ok... but I have a bad feeling there is going to be a lot design runs and RPO type stuff tonight... at this point, I don't have a lot of faith in Buck's game planning. 

RPO will work if they actually use deception and mix it up...RPO with ZC is pointless

1 hour ago, Colin Unger said:

Its pretty frustrating that a deal with Whitehead, if it is in fact complete, took this amount of time to actually come to fruition. He missed a whole additional week of practice. Could be a while before he's in the lineup. We're desperate for wins right now.   Another couple of losses and the media is going to start talking about how hard the coaches cap makes it to fire people.

was more he needed to get a few thigs in order to cross back over border from what I understand....Dude is in tip top shape and can jump right in

1 hour ago, wbbfan said:

If he’s physically got any thing left in the tank, it won’t be a concern imo. He is an elite athlete especially in the speed measurables. 8.05/10 over all and 9.29/10 in the speed measurables. I have no idea what he has left physically though. 

he will be fine physically....not sure how the narrative of his skills being eroded came about either....and like that matters here..we have 5..6 guys who are way further along in advanced stages of uselessness and they take lion share of reps

If anything he will be a target defence's will hve to respect...he knows the league and wherre to go..and where to be to help a team...and for the most part save for a few rookies in due to injury has experience playing with all the offensive weapons

41 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Lucky coming back just feels meh to me.

well...Jake playing...Biggie and BA looked upon as relieable and essential players...Kolo starting....Kramdi being our SAM....Sheehan punting...makes me wanna put a pistol right in my yap hole....so could be way worse of a signing

52 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

Keric got good yardage in his first game but it was only 3 catches and he didn't have one ball thrown to him before he went down in his 2nd game.

I don't think Zack looked at anyone other than Demski or Woli in the last game.  Strevy at least spread the ball around, even if the passes went incomplete (most of which seemed to be on Strevy).

Slowly Zack is turning into Matt Nichols :(    Thankfully the last time Strev came in for an injured shot QB he instantly spread the ball around and guys who were invisible beforehand started to get receptions and opportunities to make plays.  

1 minute ago, Brandon said:

Slowly Zack is turning into Matt Nichols :(    Thankfully the last time Strev came in for an injured shot QB he instantly spread the ball around and guys who were invisible beforehand started to get receptions and opportunities to make plays.  

it's cause he will take whats there....especially when he sprints out and guys thinkhe may run and receivers come free...ZC just focuses down field on 1...to 2 guys...and more times than not throws into double and triple coverage when guys underneath and in intermediate routes are easy plays

16 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Lucky at least has one exceptional skill... dude is fast.

Which is the easiest thing to defend if a guy can't run routes.

You watch CFL games basically the entire game D are in some version of Cover 3.  Hard to out run that.  Gotta work intermediate.

Lucky was a decent piece for BC in a stacked receiving corps.  And even then they kept finding replacements, as we did in 2019.

Lucky's most impactful role might be kickoff returner, but you don't want to be doing much of that anyway.  He isn't a reliable punt returner.

2 hours ago, wbbfan said:

I’m mostly concerned with the quality of  our running it. I’m not worried at all if we use it every snap if we use it half way decent. To date I haven’t seen buck lead any of our qbs to run it well. 

farhan said it was a none related paperwork issue that slowed progress. 

I heard his passport expired, if he got it renewed in a couple of weeks, he did well.

40 minutes ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

At the least, Lucky offers equal or greater value to Wilson or Mitchell right? 

I'd like to see Mitchell at receiver before Lawler is back.  See if they use him at all tonight.

If everyone stays healthy with Lawler back you probably can drop both those guys.  Josh Johnson sticks around, Clercius basically becomes Wolitarsky and Wolitarsky becomes Schoen.  I can't believe Wilson is still dressing.

Think sooner than later we go 3 American OL, as in, I would have made this change already.

Edited by JuranBoldenRules

1 hour ago, bigg jay said:

Not how reads in the offence work. He’s certainly forcing to Demski, for obvious reasons, but our rookies rn are just really underwhelming. zach targeted Wilson for most of his catch attempts, Johnson a bit more from Steve. 

52 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Zach is turning back into the pumpkin that was end days tiger cat zach. 

45 minutes ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

At the least, Lucky offers equal or greater value to Wilson or Mitchell right? 

yep. 

32 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

I'd like to see Mitchell at receiver before Lawler is back.  See if they use him at all tonight.

If everyone stays healthy with Lawler back you probably can drop both those guys.  Josh Johnson sticks around, Clercius basically becomes Wolitarsky and Wolitarsky becomes Schoen.  I can't believe Wilson is still dressing.

Think sooner than later we go 3 American OL, as in, I would have made this change already.

Agree with all of this. Wilson’s had ample time to show he can do more than absolutely nothing. 
I feel about the same of Mitchell as a player to how you do of Wilson I think, but Mitchell had less time at WR, so if they’re going to give one of them another shot I guess.. 

I think they should have gone 3 American OL after the first Ottawa game. 

Edited by JohnnyAbonny

1 hour ago, Fatty Liver said:

I heard his passport expired, if he got it renewed in a couple of weeks, he did well.

That’d make sense. Atheltes/professionals do have ways of gettting these things done fast. Isn’t cheap though. 

I think we had a great strategy in this game for this game. They decided to optimize the game plan for victory rather than Chris Streveler's longevity. And it worked. I bet they're certain the Zach is back next week the way they sacrificed Streveler'd body  in the first half. This wasnt the time to stretch Steveler and help him to grow as a passer.  This was a game we absolutely needed.

41 minutes ago, Colin Unger said:

I think we had a great strategy in this game for this game. They decided to optimize the game plan for victory rather than Chris Streveler's longevity. And it worked. I bet they're certain the Zach is back next week the way they sacrificed Streveler'd body  in the first half. This wasnt the time to stretch Steveler and help him to grow as a passer.  This was a game we absolutely needed.

This is mostly a whole lotta nonsense....

1 hour ago, Colin Unger said:

You’re bang on Colin, the coaches led Streveler to slaughter because one of our keys to team success is definitely murdering our backup QB when we are awaiting the return of our starter. Anything hashtag fortheW