Blue Bombers - 2024 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

2 hours ago, Goalie said:

I don’t even get O’Sheas thought process. Like is he trying to get fired ? If I didn’t know better I’d say he is. How else can you explain this. Walters or wade gonna have to step in soon cuz its apparent O’Shea has lost the plot. 

Lucky isn’t on the roster. 

Wilson Johnson and Mitchell are

Not sure if O'Shea wants to get fired but here's video of him at the stadium.

l

Edited by WinnipegGordo

1 hour ago, Goalie said:

lol. Right cuz BC putting up 500 yards and then stopping at our goal line is close. Yes they are competitive against Ottawa lol but Montreal and BC , 2 good teams  **** kicked us despite the end scores  

I'm not sure why people keeping suggesting this was some kind of mercy play... they were up 7-0 in the first quarter... you think they thought "oh poor Bombers, we should just kick a FG so we don't embarrass them"... they kicked the FG because they were concerned about either our short yardage D or their short yardage O... if anything, we should be pointing out this goal line decision as a plus for our D.

2 hours ago, voodoochylde said:

Or .. he's just not that good.  To be honest, Hubert has shown more than Fayad.  I'm not terribly upset with Fayad being dropped.

They cut Fayed twice which says a lot, maybe he was injured, maybe not, but I think they made up their minds fairly quickly he wasn't the answer.  As for Hubert he's stepped into Patterson's intern role and will probably remain on the roster as long as he stays healthy.

12 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

They cut Fayed twice which says a lot, maybe he was injured, maybe not, but I think they made up their minds fairly quickly he wasn't the answer.  As for Hubert he's stepped into Patterson's intern role and will probably remain on the roster as long as he stays healthy.

Fayad being cut is not what people are upset about... it's cutting him without an adequate replacement ready to go that's the problem... if Garbutt or Haba were ready to play it would be a different story.

Our pass rush this week is an 8th round Canadian rookie, a 225 lb Global rookie, and a 33 year old who doesn't do a whole lot of effective pass rushing anymore... luckily Cgy doesn't have a mobile QB 

17 minutes ago, bearpants said:

I'm not sure why people keeping suggesting this was some kind of mercy play... they were up 7-0 in the first quarter... you think they thought "oh poor Bombers, we should just kick a FG so we don't embarrass them"... they kicked the FG because they were concerned about either our short yardage D or their short yardage O... if anything, we should be pointing out this goal line decision as a plus for our D.

You're thinking of the wrong play.  BC ended the game by taking 3 knees at the bomber goal line.  That absolutely was a mercy play to not run up the score.

9 minutes ago, bearpants said:

Fayad being cut is not what people are upset about... it's cutting him without an adequate replacement ready to go that's the problem... if Garbutt or Haba were ready to play it would be a different story.

Our pass rush this week is an 8th round Canadian rookie, a 225 lb Global rookie, and a 33 year old who doesn't do a whole lot of effective pass rushing anymore... luckily Cgy doesn't have a mobile QB 

But they have a back in Mills who will eat those 3 guys for dinner

5 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

You're thinking of the wrong play.  BC ended the game by taking 3 knees at the bomber goal line.  That absolutely was a mercy play to not run up the score.

yup....made it seem closer than it was...also a weird decision too if we tied with them and goes for points for/against in head to head

5 minutes ago, Booch said:

yup....made it seem closer than it was...also a weird decision too if we tied with them and goes for points for/against in head to head

They play each other 3 times so the point spread didnt matter.

The Stamps and Bombers on the other hand play each other 2 times this season so Winnipeg will want to win by at least 4 tomorrow.

13 minutes ago, WinnipegGordo said:

Would the point spread not matter in the very unlikely scenario that they split two games and tied the 3rd? 

1 minute ago, bigg jay said:

Would the point spread not matter in the very unlikely scenario that they split two games and tied the 3rd? 

Doesn't it come into play during 3 way ties as well? I might be crazy

39 minutes ago, WinnipegGordo said:

The Stamps and Bombers on the other hand play each other 2 times this season so Winnipeg will want to win by at least 4 tomorrow.

AHHH...I never looked at sched..I thought it was 2

23 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

We all a Lil bit crazy...some of us a lot...I lean toward alot

Yes the same stuff from week 1 is being said because we are now going into week 6 and nothing has changed. Actually that’s not true. We somehow in week 6 think that a rookie cdn (he’s been strong) a 220 pound linebacker global Jake Thomas and schmeck is the answer to a 7 man DLine rotation. 4 of our 7 right there. The other is Willy who needs some help. Maier isn’t a runner tho so maybe we will be ok there. I don’t know but in week 6 our best options are still Jake Thomas Adam bighill Brandon Alexander all starting. Kramdi also. ? Yeah shits gonna get repetitive. Cuz it’s just a repeat since week 1 every week. It’s ridiculous we have 2 fbs and no extra DBs or a 220 pound global is the best option ? Gimme a break. 

im a bombers fan. But honestly at what point do you actually put a veteran or 2 or 3 on the bench. At what point does Thomas not get reps like he’s Doug Brown? It’s ridiculous. 

24 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Yep, tie-breaker rules are the same whether or not it's two teams or more.

Most wins (against anyone) is the first tie-breaker, then head to head winning percentage followed by head to head points for and against.  There are more tie-breakers after that but for the purpose of this scenario, yeah BC taking a knee could affect things.  Not only that but they passed up a chance to step on the neck of a team that has been a hurdle they haven't been able to overcome the last few seasons - in their own stadium.  I would normally find it to be a bit of a **** move but in the case I would definitely get it if Campbell would have gone for it.

3 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

@DTonOB

How many snaps have each of our defensive lineman played this season? How many pressures have each our defensive lineman created?

Here's what I've got:

Jefferson: 283 snaps, 13 pressures
Thomas: 257, 9
Adams: 148, 4
Woods: 117, 0
Hubert: 96, 0
Fayad: 71, 4
Fox: 66, 0
Schmekel: 47, 1
Haba: 30, 3

On 2024-06-04 at 9:35 AM, Bigblue204 said:

I've been saying I don't get the BC hype all off season. I've asked multiple people to explain how they've gotten better....crickets. Adams had great WR last year and I don't see that same lineup. Their D has lost many key pieces. I just don't understand.

Maybe because the rest of the western teams are in shambles?

4 minutes ago, DTonOB said:

Here's what I've got:

Jefferson: 283 snaps, 13 pressures
Thomas: 257, 9
Adams: 148, 4
Woods: 117, 0
Hubert: 96, 0
Fayad: 71, 4
Fox: 66, 0
Schmekel: 47, 1
Haba: 30, 3

Thomas' pressures must be sneaky ones...or just a line collapsing...cause I rarely see him getting after the QB or requiring him to move around in the pocket...I've also seen Woods get pressures too...yet he has 0...he also has made a lot of plays with backside pursuit...same with Fox when he was in and Adams...Save for that one play last week ol Jakie Poo is usually lolly gagging behiond the play and trots/tippy toes up to it after the fact

39 minutes ago, Booch said:

Thomas' pressures must be sneaky ones...or just a line collapsing...cause I rarely see him getting after the QB or requiring him to move around in the pocket...I've also seen Woods get pressures too...yet he has 0...he also has made a lot of plays with backside pursuit...same with Fox when he was in and Adams...Save for that one play last week ol Jakie Poo is usually lolly gagging behiond the play and trots/tippy toes up to it after the fact

Yeah some definition of what a pressure is would help because I know I don't always agree with the criteria DT uses in his stats.

4 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Yeah some definition of what a pressure is would help because I know I don't always agree with the criteria DT uses in his stats.

A Quarterback Pressure is awarded to a defender who either forces the QB to move off his initial drop back point to avoid contact, contacts the QB in the act of throwing or has the QB in his grasp at the time an Intentional Grounding penalty is called.  Only one QB Pressure per play may be awarded to the defence.

43 minutes ago, Booch said:

I'd add the hands on hips breathing deep in and out.

48 minutes ago, Booch said:

nevef let the facts or stats get in the way of your opinion!

I'll be one of the first people to say we should be looking to move on from Thomas but he hasn't been as bad as some people are making him out to be. 

He's never been an "engine guy" and that's only more apparent as he's aged and ideally, he'd be more of a rotation piece taking limited snaps but the dude isn't playing terrible ball right now