Blue Bombers - 2024 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

2 minutes ago, Atomic said:

I do find it interesting that O'Shea made a point of mentioning missed tackles as an issue after the last two games and Tony Jones is now coming onto the roster. Could he split time with Biggie on D? Probably a long shot but there is something going on there.

Missed tackles were a huge issue, but it was mostly bighill and Alexander... and something tells me it won't be those two losing reps because of it.

24 minutes ago, Atomic said:

I do find it interesting that O'Shea made a point of mentioning missed tackles as an issue after the last two games and Tony Jones is now coming onto the roster. Could he split time with Biggie on D? Probably a long shot but there is something going on there.

Its positive that we're getting a linebacker with upside some experience. Can't imagine Wilson is the one who's going to be replaced anytime soon. 

3 hours ago, Jpan85 said:

With a 17 day break between BC games i'm going to be he's only back for the 2nd game. 

55 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

It is though because of the lack of succession planning. Been a couple years now bighill has shown a decline, that they haven't even bothered to have a replacement grooming behind him is a huge issue. With bighill and Alexander it's just a total "this is fine" mentality from the coaching staff. Well it's not fine,  dude is worse than  he was last season and that's a problem.

Finding a quality import middle LB isn’t as hard as it seems. They may have young one already. We’re not talking starting QB here …

1 hour ago, Atomic said:

There are a number of guys on the roster who are guilty of missed tackles:  Biggie .. Alexander .. Thomas .. Kramdi .. (see the theme here).  Any one of them *should* come off the roster if that's a concern for O'Shea. 

Wilson was easily the best of our LB last game and so many were writing him off earlier in the season but an injury like he had takes time to come back from (I've been there) so I'm optimistic he's turned a corner and he's back to being the vastly underrated player we've come to love. 

47 minutes ago, WinnipegGordo said:

Lucky lasted all of part of one game.

11 minutes ago, voodoochylde said:

There are a number of guys on the roster who are guilty of missed tackles:  Biggie .. Alexander .. Thomas .. Kramdi .. (see the theme here).  Any one of them *should* come off the roster if that's a concern for O'Shea. 

Wilson was easily the best of our LB last game and so many were writing him off earlier in the season but an injury like he had takes time to come back from (I've been there) so I'm optimistic he's turned a corner and he's back to being the vastly underrated player we've come to love. 

Injured his shoulder carrying the front 7 on his back!

48 minutes ago, voodoochylde said:

It's pretty obvious by just watching who has been whiffing the most....and interestingly enough all 4 are Osh's bois....now do we see something done about it?...a team looking to be beter definately would

Wilson has been playing great the last 2 games...and really wan't all that bad before that...so really no issues there as he seems to be back to form

2 minutes ago, Booch said:

It's pretty obvious by just watching who has been whiffing the most....and interestingly enough all 4 are Osh's bois....now do we see something done about it?...a team looking to be beter definately would

Wilson has been playing great the last 2 games...and really wan't all that bad before that...so really no issues there as he seems to be back to form

So why not slide him into the middle ,and bring Cole up in his spot?

1 minute ago, Piggy 1 said:

So why not slide him into the middle ,and bring Cole up in his spot?

good question....Tho I would prefer Wilson stay put as when he on his game is one of best Wil's in the league

If this Jones was brought on to off-set some of Biggies reps....then he makes the better choice...be interesting to see how he is used

26 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

How many empty seats left in Regina?  Maybe I'll fill up the truck and head down there.

Pick me up ,i'll buy the beer.

45 minutes ago, Booch said:

good question....Tho I would prefer Wilson stay put as when he on his game is one of best Wil's in the league

If this Jones was brought on to off-set some of Biggies reps....then he makes the better choice...be interesting to see how he is used

Big if though........Hope Osh reads this,,,,i think he is ,,:)

What is you guys' ideal lineup for the team to make once players are back from injury toward the latter part of the year?

I'm thinking

QB Zach

RB Brady

WRs Kenny, Pokey, Wheatfall, Woli, Demski (Clercius as the 6th)

OL Stan, Dobson, Kolo, Patty, Kendall R (I really think Lofton is the main problem and want everyone else to gel)

DL Willie, Garbutt + Haba platoon, Adams, Woods (Something tells me Miles Fox is done for the year)

LB Biggie Wilson with Ayers finally rotating in

SAM Cole

FS Redha

CB/HB Bonds, Deatrick, Holm, Ford

This would still be 8 starting Canadians.

Can this lineup can win a Grey Cup?

36 minutes ago, bluedawg said:

What is you guys' ideal lineup for the team to make once players are back from injury toward the latter part of the year?

I'm thinking

QB Zach

RB Brady

OL Stan, Dobson, Kolo, Patty, Kendall R (I really think Lofton is the main problem and want everyone else to gel)

DL Willie, Garbutt + Haba platoon, Adams, Woods (Something tells me Miles Fox is done for the year)

SAM Cole

FS Redha

dumb-and.gif

1 hour ago, bluedawg said:

I'm thinking

QB Zach

RB Brady

SAM Cole

FS Redha

IMO, no that team doesn’t win a gc, or play in one. If kolo and biggie are still playing primary reps I don’t know if we are competitive in a play off game, unless we uncover some one between now and then who is a modp/mop level addition. 

44 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

IMO, no that team doesn’t win a gc, or play in one. If kolo and biggie are still playing primary reps I don’t know if we are competitive in a play off game, unless we uncover some one between now and then who is a modp/mop level addition. 

I am hoping for a 2019 style thing where they added some pieces towards the end of the year that really solidified things. 

2 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

I am hoping for a 2019 style thing where they added some pieces towards the end of the year that really solidified things. 

I've been thinking about this a lot lately... A slow burn that hits it's stride in the final 3rd and just goes on a heater....

8 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

That would be the dream for sure. 
 We have some really good promising young guys that I could see taking that step next year.
 Woods Adams bonds griffin ford Wallace Mci clercius and even Hebert. Those guys in a healthy year next year could propel us back to the top of the west. 
 It’s as important that we bite the bullet and get a couple vets out as finding top end guys. Especially on two wins idk if mos will be willing to do that.