Blue Bombers - 2024 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

40 minutes ago, Pete said:

With Lucky we don't know if

hes in game shape or

Has he lost a step, theres a reason he hasnt signed until now

When asked about Lucky when he was signed, O'Sheas response was we'll see once he gets here.

Lucky is being investigated for growing a vegetable garden with no defined purpose.  It may not be a crime but it is a bit strange.

17 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

3 Ss and none who can actually play S in the cfl. 

and of the 8 LB's...2 are actually legit (Wilson and Cole) Ayers is a potential guy but never gets a rep in lieu of one who is toast as an every down guy (biggie) and one who has no business as the every down guy (Kramdi).....Gauthier and Cadwallader are basically just teamers at this point and if they have to take heavy reps we are likely hemorrhaging....But finally we have some new blood in Jones.....but does he just get the shaft like Ayers/Cole as we play oodles and oodles of Biggie/kramdi??

Bottom line for the Rough Rider's game:

Regina is not as good as its record

the bombers are not as bad as our record

the blue will have a trick or two up our sleeve

the riders will not be able to keep playing above their skill level

I think it's called reversion to the mean

somebody's going to be letting some air out of the tires

A few of the frustrated are going to finally get it together at least for a little while

33 minutes ago, BigBlue said:

Bottom line for the Rough Rider's game:

Regina is not as good as its record

the bombers are not as bad as our record

the blue will have a trick or two up our sleeve

the riders will not be able to keep playing above their skill level

I think it's called reversion to the mean

somebody's going to be letting some air out of the tires

A few of the frustrated are going to finally get it together at least for a little while

Here we go again. Regina's luck is running out, and the Bombers are masters of underperforming this year. Expect some wacky plays, planned and unplanned, but don't hold your breath for a barn burner. Reversion to the mean? More like another round of frustration. Buckle up, it's gonna be a wild ride!

3 hours ago, Booch said:

and of the 8 LB's...2 are actually legit (Wilson and Cole) Ayers is a potential guy but never gets a rep in lieu of one who is toast as an every down guy (biggie) and one who has no business as the every down guy (Kramdi).....Gauthier and Cadwallader are basically just teamers at this point and if they have to take heavy reps we are likely hemorrhaging....But finally we have some new blood in Jones.....but does he just get the shaft like Ayers/Cole as we play oodles and oodles of Biggie/kramdi??

I think Jones should have replaced Gauthier outright. That would allow Chris Smith to be on the roster.
One too many guys right now that don’t offer any value on offence or defence. 

19 minutes ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

I think Jones should have replaced Gauthier outright. That would allow Chris Smith to be on the roster.
One too many guys right now that don’t offer any value on offence or defence. 

Jones is American isn’t he? Can’t make that swap

7 hours ago, BomberBall. said:

Too bad about MCI.  He had been playing well the last couple weeks.

Nice to see Garbutt in the lineup, as well as Jones…. If he actually gets some D reps.

Not sure why Whitehead isn’t out there this week.

Still don’t like zero changes to the Oline, but I wasn’t expecting any.

Also, am I counting correctly and we still have 11 starting Canadians?

10 this week, Hubert is back to a backup.

5 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

I wonder what Hamilton would want for Powell.

Until we fix our OL & I have no confidence in O'Shea's coaching staff that they can... We could have Patrick Mahomes & it wouldn't matter. But Powell be a nice addition. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

3 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Until we fix our OL & I have no confidence in O'Shea's coaching staff that they can... We could have Patrick Mahomes & it wouldn't matter. But Powell be a nice addition. 

ZC has time to throw most of the time. The OL they had 4-5 years is probably not attainable.  BO is also getting decent yardage, for the most part. 

Zach had time. Lots. He just makes rookie mistakes over and over. That interception when we were driving killed us. The one to demski. Ppl talk about the fumble but the pick was worse. Into double coverage across his body. And the worst part was you could see it coming. You knew Zach would throw a pick there cuz we finally started to actually move the balll. 

Edited by Goalie

54 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Zach had time. Lots. He just makes rookie mistakes over and over. That interception when we were driving killed us. The one to demski. Ppl talk about the fumble but the pick was worse. Into double coverage across his body. And the worst part was you could see it coming. You knew Zach would throw a pick there cuz we finally started to actually move the balll. 

He has done that every game this year. Throw it right to the opposition when we start moving the ball. Guy is just so done as a high level qb. Physically and mentally.

Zac is not the problem in our offence..although he isn't the answer either. It starts at playcalling..which has been awful since late last year. Receivers not getting it done, an OL that is whiffing on protection too often, and a QB that is trying too hard to make something out of nothing. WTF did Brady ball go? Answer that and you have found our problem.