Blue Bombers - 2024 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

Well. 

2 and 9 is looking like a distinct possibility come September.

I don't think we make the playoffs this year (which is ******* crazy considering where we were less than a year ago).

I would have more faith in our team if over the past 3 games or so, seen some sort of desire from the coaching staff and tall foreheads to get better- but not only urgency,  just something to show thatvthey want improve. I don't see anything indicating they want to improve (I know this isn't the case, but I see no signs).

6 minutes ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

Well. 

I don't think we make the playoffs this year (which is ******* crazy considering where we were less than a year ago).

I would have more faith in our team if over the past 3 games or so, seen some sort of desire from the coaching staff and tall foreheads to get better- but not only urgency,  just something to show thatvthey want improve. I don't see anything indicating they want to improve (I know this isn't the case, but I see no signs).

Refusal to acknowledge the liabilities that the usual suspects have become, is straight up denial or worse, hoping they have something left and might improve.

2-9 definitely seems like a probability.  Drives me crazy knowing there are still a lot of high-end/elite pieces but they’re held back or compromised while trying to cover for others.  Some really promising young talent is rotating in and out while the same vets blow play after play.

I’m curious at what point does the culture of this locker room turn in on itself.  Others have mentioned no accountability and I can only imagine how bad it could get in the meetings when the players and coaches go over film.

Gotta say the player quotes from Tait are ringing suuuper hollow right now. Spent vets repeating “just not good enough” is comical.  No sh!t guys your coach sending you out there is absolutely not good enough!

Time for a trade with the Argos for Chad Kelly??  Ok yeah I just said that out loud...I'll show myself out....

41 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I think we'll make playoffs but home playoff game is long gone. 

BC is going to have a home playoff West final and the Grey Cup this year.  Doman might actually break even! LOL

15 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

BC is going to have a home playoff West final and the Grey Cup this year.  Doman might actually break even! LOL

And the Bombers will still turn a small profit this year due to the number of season ticket holders.

The organization will actually have to work next season though to sell season tix and Grey Cup tix.

4 hours ago, Mark H. said:

That happens on some plays, for sure.  But on others he does have time. The OL used to be lights out, now they are average.

It’s the cumulative effect of taking shots he didn’t used to take (here).  When you have the mileage ZC has on his body, confidence. An be a fickle thing.

3 hours ago, Doublezero said:

Zach's decline has been evident for some time. Lawler and Schoen frequently bailed him out by making superhuman grabs. This year that ain't happening and so the QB's failings are even more evident. 

Let’s not forget, some of those grabs got Schoen lit up.  Dude took a pounding because he went up and got balls that weren’t well placed.

1 hour ago, voodoochylde said:

It’s the cumulative effect of taking shots he didn’t used to take (here).  When you have the mileage ZC has on his body, confidence. An be a fickle thing.

Let’s not forget, some of those grabs got Schoen lit up.  Dude took a pounding because he went up and got balls that weren’t well placed.

Especially Schoen last year.  2022 league receiving and td rec leader with a target on his back and ZC absolutely hung some up there and opened up Schoen to some shots.

Edited by BigBlueFanatic

2 hours ago, BigBlueFanatic said:

Especially Schoen last year.  2022 league receiving and td rec leader with a target on his back and ZC absolutely hung some up there and opened up Schoen to some shots.

Zach has never been a precise passer, he's more of an approximator, that's why he likes receivers that can adjust their routes to fit his passes.

Lucky. Wilson. Case. Woli. Demski. 

roster smith also at rb and kr. And use him with Brady. 

run the ball with Brady smith demski prob lucky Wilson case. Just start out letting the oline maul instead of being pressured 

give Zach 1 half to get it together. Or if he throws into double coverage again. 

if not. It’s Strev time 

Edited by Goalie

6 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

I recall one that was a gimme TD right down the middle that Wilson dropped in the 4th quarter.

Is that the one where the ball was at his ankles and he had to reach down to grab it? 

13 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Is that the one where the ball was at his ankles and he had to reach down to grab it? 

No it had to be the one were Wilson was running full out across the field and Zach threw the ball 2 feet behind him.....in  the rain. Don't even think he touched the ball, but no matter "his fault!"

21 hours ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

Well. 

Walters & Osh are very slow to react which is concerning. If they think that somehow the team will fix itself in time to win a GC at home in 2025 then they're delusional. 

3 hours ago, Goalie said:

No it's the one where he's on a post right in the middle of the field breaking away from the DB in stride (from top of screen to bottom) and drops the ball with weak hands.  Really needs to learn how to attack the ball and not try to absorb it with his wrists down.

On 2024-07-20 at 3:09 PM, SpeedFlex27 said:

He's starting to do what Drew Willy & Matt Nichols did. Can't set up in the pocket. Bails a second too early. has to throww deep on the run or if he stands in there a second too early. Balls are underthrown. Or Zach panics just to get rid of it & it's picked off. Our line is the problem. These high priced & under performing vets are killing him.

Exactly. ZC is not washed up or done for. He needs those around him to do their job to have success.

49 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

No it's the one where he's on a post right in the middle of the field breaking away from the DB in stride (from top of screen to bottom) and drops the ball with weak hands.  Really needs to learn how to attack the ball and not try to absorb it with his wrists down.

No one wants to hear about all the drops and routes improperly run. It's all Zac because he suddenly went from MOP calibre to washed up in an offseason.

8 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

No one wants to hear about all the drops and routes improperly run. It's all Zac because he suddenly went from MOP calibre to washed up in an offseason.

It was there last year too... He had almost as many bad games as good ones. The decline had started... And this year has sped up. 

31 minutes ago, Noeller said:

It was there last year too... He had almost as many bad games as good ones. The decline had started... And this year has sped up. 

That's the running narrative here for sure. Let's look at a little thing called facts though. Last year he led or was 2nd in every meaningful QB category. He was in the running for MOP through most of the season. He had 2 games last year with a QBR under 95. 

He was, in fact, almost exactly the same statistically as 2022..which he won MOP.

Edited by GCn20