Blue Bombers - 2024 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

Cautiously optimistic about Grymes actually. 
If his knee is healed, we can maybe squeeze a few good (or better than BA) games out of him. Wouldn’t be the worst bandaid back there. 

Of course there’s 3 guys already around that can play safety too, it’s still dumb, just not the dumbest

38 minutes ago, Eternal optimist said:

Thats exactly what this roster needs... to get OLDER.

Walters celebrating the 20th anniversary of the 04 Bombers by using the 04 Bombers blue print. 

Edited by Arnold_Palmer

2 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

Walters celebrating the 20th anniversary of the 04 Bombers by using the 04 Bombers blue print. 

@Arnold_Palmer are you okay lol

Grymes was cooked before our Grey Cup drought ended.

Too bad they are recognizing the need for some playmakers on D far too late.

Lots of free agents that would have fit nicely here.  Guys in their prime.  But you need to have the tough conversation we were apparently only willing to have with Jeffcoat.

1 hour ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

Alexander should be on the bench and Holm should be at safety. Honestly our secondary isn’t bad at all. Nichols, Bond and Ford  have all been playing good football. It’s hard on your secondary when the QB gets 5 plus seconds to throw every down. Unfair to expect your DB’s to contain coverage on a huge field. 

Agree with all that. 

1 hour ago, Booch said:

He's got quick feet tho...lol

But yeah...he hasn't been good...and even last year media jumped all over the hype from TC when Osh made some comments...he wasn't bad per say last yr...but he wasnt all that people talked him up to be...and he was targeted lots last yr too...hence the high tackles, and the knock downs...with volume thrown at you...you are gonna get knock downs

Kramdi tho has no reason starting other than Osh's love affair for him for what reason I am not sure...and his age now...his physical attributes...this is his upside...and if Osh and some of you fans are fine with the worst SAM in the league then not sure what we will do...I'm not fine with it

I can see if that was the one spot we "needed" the Canadian for ratio and was our best option for a Canadians use....then that would be reasonable...but we need 1 Canadian to always be on the field and Ford has that locked down...and should for yrs now...so prudent recruiting/drafting/free agent work should be to find another Canadian who can play that spot as back-up/rotation .

The wasted reps with no upside/now no good Thomas....Schmeck who hasn't made any leaps forward...tho it's hard when Thomas gets most dline reps out of anyone not named WJ...So we effectively not even allowing ourselves to even see if he is worth hanging on to...or just replacing....Once Lawson is back he will be the prime Canadian Dline guy...and thats a good thing...Hubert has some serious potental and I want to see us get him to add 10...15 pounds and be that multi spot guy....but relying on him right now for major reps is again...not the best option for us if we want to have a dominant line to compensate a bit for weakassed OverHill and Flailing BA...and non-impactful Kramdi.

Sadly as it sits we could do an actual in-season shift/transition with guys already here, and make us significantly better...but Osh won't...and to me if there is a bit of friction and not seeing the same vision with Walters/Miller and Osh...and an unwillingness to change his ways...then why not pull the pin...we wont be any worse and from being in a similar situation before myself..I know damn well that the players will come out and play with extreme fire and grit...and some who are almost kind of going thru motions now due to this mess...would look like night and day difference

I sure it wont be publically stated...alluded to or even talked about by media here but I can with confidence say that there is some dissention and frustration in the room...and its not as close and "tight" as they claim

lol ya. Atleast last year he was flashing that quickness closing the gap (he was giving up too much cushion) and made plays on the ball. This year he’s made like one such play. 
 Yeah, kramdi should be a rotational back up type. He’d be good in that use situationally. But mos loves up jumped fringe players. 

drives me crazy that we could fix most of our problems with ease. And that we gave Kramdi huge bucks. And now we grab grimes but not guys like Titus wall when he was available? I can’t wait to see who comes off the pr lol. 
 Seriously though, we could’ve scooped 3 good young dbs who’ve played good seasons since we won the gc, instead of an old guy who hasn’t played a good one since before. 

49 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Grymes used to be good, but I wonder if he has anything left?

Even if he does idk, maybe we get half a season of a year and a half out of him? Only an upgrade for one imp if he’s got any thjng left. Vs young guys thatve been available. 

Even then, Cole played S in ps and has played Sam griffin has looked good in limited reps. I have a hard time seeing grimey being better than Cole or griffin. 

21 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Agree with all that. 

lol ya. Atleast last year he was flashing that quickness closing the gap (he was giving up too much cushion) and made plays on the ball. This year he’s made like one such play. 
 Yeah, kramdi should be a rotational back up type. He’d be good in that use situationally. But mos loves up jumped fringe players. 

drives me crazy that we could fix most of our problems with ease. And that we gave Kramdi huge bucks. And now we grab grimes but not guys like Titus wall when he was available? I can’t wait to see who comes off the pr lol. 
 Seriously though, we could’ve scooped 3 good young dbs who’ve played good seasons since we won the gc, instead of an old guy who hasn’t played a good one since before. 

Even if he does idk, maybe we get half a season of a year and a half out of him? Only an upgrade for one imp if he’s got any thjng left. Vs young guys thatve been available. 

Even then, Cole played S in ps and has played Sam griffin has looked good in limited reps. I have a hard time seeing grimey being better than Cole or griffin. 

we know 2..prob 3 guys tho he prob better than...and yes..I lumped biggie in there....the trifecta of below avrage....well I guess may as well plop Thomas in there and make it the true quartet it is....pretty sad when 1/3 of your defense....right up the gut basically...is sub par....worst in the league

There is no excuse...reasoning or way a HC could create an environment where a team that still has legit top shelf vet talent in the house can take his back to back champ team...and one that got there the last 2 yrs as well albeit lost...but compiled a 29-7 record in doing so drop off the cliff so abruptly and be sitting at 2-5 1/3rd of way into season with a very good chance of being 2-8 in real short order....none whatsoever...thats failure off epic proportions and any rope on his leash he had for the 2 cup wins should be cinched up real tight now.

The GM to a lesser extent should also be looked at but he and his Asst's brought in a lot of talent that their HC basically ushered out the door not even allowing them a legit chance to bump a worse player off the roster...even tho several showed better.....that being said he should have laid down the law and or not even gave Osh the opportunity to roster some guys...no matter what his reasoning for bringing them back were....

Edited by Booch

7 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

We could have signed Wall or McFadden but sign a guy whose been out of football for 2 years.

Grimes screams of a guy we wanted a long time ago when he was good but couldn’t get him. Now he’s available and we are fulfilling a want. 
 we could’ve had moncrief, who what ever he has left is better and who made grimes expendable in edm lol. Just ugly ugly move. 

2 minutes ago, Booch said:

we know 2..prob 3 guys tho he prob better than...and yes..I lumped biggie in there....the trifecta of below avrage....well I guess may as well plop Thomas in there and make it the true quartet it is....pretty sad when 1/3 of your defense....right up the gut basically...is sub par....worst in the league

There is no excuse...reasoning or way a HC could create an environment where a team that still has legit top shelf vet talent in the house can take his back to back champ team...and one that got there the last 2 yrs as well albeit lost...but compiled a 29-7 record in doing so drop off the cliff so abruptly and be sitting at 2-5 1/3rd of way into season with a very good chance of being 2-8 in real short order....none whatsoever...thats failure off epic proportions and any rope on his leash he had for the 2 cup wins should be cinched up real tight now.

The GM to a lesser extent should also be looked at but he and his Asst's brought in a lot of talent that their HC basically ushered out the door not even allowing them to bump a worse player off the roster...that being said he should have laid down the law and or not even gave Osh the opportunity to roster some guys...no matter what his reasoning for bringing them back were....

Either Walter’s/wade are losing their mind or we are going to be losing ours for a good while to come. 

1 minute ago, wbbfan said:

Grimes screams of a guy we wanted a long time ago when he was good but couldn’t get him. Now he’s available and we are fulfilling a want. 
 we could’ve had moncrief, who what ever he has left is better and who made grimes expendable in edm lol. Just ugly ugly move. 

its a pathetic sad move...and I bet my right nut as I already lost my left one on a different stupid Osh manouver that Osh was driving force for this signing

2 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Kind of how we got ZC...as at that time everyone and their dog figured he was done...

4 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Either Walter’s/wade are losing their mind or we are going to be losing ours for a good while to come. 

I really cant see Wade being happy with this...or putting up with it much longer...It's very obvious we have some poor roster decisions as starters...some bad use of guys on roster and how we use the ratio....the total refusal to use a nationalized player...and the lack of any player development behind some of our bad roster choices....and these all factor into what our record is this yr, and is an extension of why we lost the last 2 cups....toss into that nice recipe the fact we didnt have the team prepared and ready to start the season....and we are now 1/3rd into it and it still seems we are not 100 percent prepared....and have been out-coached too many times to count....any other place in the league where we would be seeing this go on we'd all be laughing like jackyls...

14 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

I’ll guess, he was on “the wish list”. 
wondering which QB they’ll get for the practise roster. 

Edited by Rod Black