Blue Bombers - 2024 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

Unless he is going to be looked at as a safety.......trying to figure this out.....perhaps his experience and some leadership qualities make him viewed as a potential upgrade at safety? 

I don't see him starting at half or corner and I don't think we have anyone at half or corner hurt from last week...plus as others above mentioned we seem to have some capable guys at depth...

Could it be he is getting looked at LB.....maybe his experience could make him a good cover LB?? maybe a few years off he has some physicality back??

I mean I am happy we are bringing guys in and I like the Whitehead signing.....that one to me upgrades us and makes sense....but this signing puzzles me......can't wait to seeif/how he ends up being used???

9 minutes ago, blue85gold said:

The team has broken this board. Everyone freaks out about any single transaction. This is a practice roster signing. If he has nothing left then they just cut him. 

Yeah I mean can you blame people though? We’ve had a great 8 year run, 4 straight grey cups, 2 championships with in that time, people’s standards are high right now. 2-5 with an aging team is ugly no matter how you spin it, the fans know the standard for excellence and the club isn’t meeting those standards. I would be more troubled if we just accepted the mediocrity. 

21 minutes ago, blue85gold said:

The team has broken this board. Everyone freaks out about any single transaction. This is a practice roster signing. If he has nothing left then they just cut him. 

We haven’t had good pr useage in a while. I don’t think you can assume it’s a flyer and he will be cut in two weeks if he has nothing left. Lucky is still sitting on the pr in that kind of flyer role. I mean we had a punter most all of last year on the pr with a bad punter on the ar. 
 We have 4 wrs on the pr, one early tc cut who couldn’t crack the team last year either plus a flyer on lucky. 2 imp guards that failed at switching to T previously.  Our best kr, our worst camp db, a bad global db, a global rookie and a Canadian teams lber. 
 If we were making sensible moves we would’ve cut bridges for grimes or lucky. Or made moves to bring in positions of actual need like de, wr/kr, T, etc. 

NFL cut down day doesn’t yield what it used to. The pr expansion and amount of guys that shuttle on and off now keeps guys hanging around waiting for a pr shot. You can still find value, but it’s not an immediate value add or a good trial for next tc any more. We need better pr management all year. 

7 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

Grimes in over Bonds, incoming.

Don’t put that evil into the world! Probably though.

1 minute ago, Noeller said:

It would be kind of funny, in a sick sort of way, if Grimey made the roster before Lucky ...

I could actually see it. They dress guys on D not to play them though. I wouldn’t be mad if we cut Johnson put in lucky and tony for grimes. Give em a game to make the team from the bench. We didn’t use Ayer’s or tony on D any way. Cut bridges and Alston bring in young guys to push grimes and lucky. If they don’t win a spot cut em. 

I can usually make some sense of any signing, at least to see the club's point of view, but this one has me stumped. It's weird to bring him in now. He's always been a halfback as far as I know. I figure they'd have a look at someone in-house first if they were looking at replacing BA or Kramdi. If it's just a depth signing then what are Griffin, Bridges and McGhee still doing here? This is a weird one. Hard to imagine he's still got anything in the tank. Coming back from major knee issues at 33... Yikes. But maybe he's just a freak and he's gonna come in and be a star again? Maybe he wowed everyone in a workout and that's why he is here? That's the best case scenario but it seems like a longshot.

21 minutes ago, Noeller said:

"Ffffffffix auto...."

Fantastic marketing. Actual humor.

10 minutes ago, Booch said:

Where do these guys get hurt where they need to be 6 gamed when you don't see it happen in game...and they finish and play the whole game...

Adrenaline wore off after the game then injury set in?