Blue Bombers - 2024 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

13 minutes ago, Booch said:

That's a lot of adrenaline to mask a 6 gamer

In most cases I’d agree. Cole is a guy who’d run through a brick wall get a concussion then do it 10 more times. 
 I would think arm/hand/shoulder injury or maybe neck. Type of thing that used to be played through with a cast maybe. 

10 minutes ago, Mike said:

6 game is just an “in-case” thing these days. I don’t know why you even have a 1 game IR at this point, I don’t think there’s any real reason to use it 

Abuse of the ir and suspended list is kind of silly. The league should make adjustments in the off season. Cap the suspended list, maybe introduce a new extended ir for more savings and roll the 6 into the 1. 

2 hours ago, WinnipegGordo said:

Transactions:

Cole to 6 game

Charbonneau to game roster

Bridges to game roster

Samson to practice roster (from 1 game injured list)

Grymes to practice roster

Feltmate to 6 game

Soo do we plan on using Lucky at all or are we just slowly working on an all 30 and over PR?

9 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

Not really sure what the point of that is....? Sam replacement? Safety? It's just an odd signing.

Wow, the roster management of this team with the Canadian Mafia just gets better & better. There comes a time when things just get stale & a change is needed. Wow, is it ever needed here. 

19 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

Holy. I totally forgot we signed him.

Sheed really struggled to start that year, bad case of the drops. Really struggled with the young guys. He came onto the pr and every one stepped up. I firmly believe that fire under sheeds butt took him up a level. 
 Think he sat on our pr for like 6 weeks? 

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

Injuries usually happen when you're involved in the play

You're right, watching BA when was the last time he laid a big hit on a receiver going across the middle. He used to own that turf.

Now its mostly arm tackles from the side

The tackles Wilson is making used to be Bighill's M O 

17 hours ago, WinnipegGordo said:

Transactions:

Cole to 6 game

Charbonneau to game roster

Bridges to game roster

Samson to practice roster (from 1 game injured list)

Grymes to practice roster

Feltmate to 6 game

Damn this is becoming a very rough season. Lots of guys on the 6 game now.

8 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Signing an old, over the hill DB who hasn't played in 3 years to the PR? The Bombers have gone from a model CFL franchise as recently as last year to a complete joke by the fanbase in just one off season. Personnel decisions since last season are head scratchers. Very sad. 

Just seems like this is all about optics and less on actual impact on improving the team ie name recognition signing telling the fairweather fans hey we're doing something here always tinkering to improve.

2 hours ago, Pete said:

You're right, watching BA when was the last time he laid a big hit on a receiver going across the middle. He used to own that turf.

Now its mostly arm tackles from the side

The tackles Wilson is making used to be Bighill's M O 

He tries to do big hits all the time. He just sucks now. Still thinks he can lay guys out but usually it's him falling over/bouncing off and giving up big gains