Blue Bombers - 2024 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

15 minutes ago, BigBlue said:

since we invested so much in pre season analysis, maybe we should start using all that stuff.... or are we to broke to pay for air tickets?

Hmm great question, well said

14 minutes ago, BBlink said:

I'd be tempted to put Bailey in for Demski at this point. He runs the sweeps a lot better. He run blocks better. He pass blocks better. He doesn't fumble the ball. He makes catches in the hard areas. He can make deep contested catches as much as Demski. I don't really see the downside.

makes no sense on so many levels

11 minutes ago, Pete said:

Demski is nonimport

Hes better than Johnson and Clerius

Hes a go to reciever for Zac

Defences have to plan for him

Him being a goto receiver for Zach has had negative consequences too. Fumbles and interceptions when he's been the guy. I wouldn't say defenses necessarily have been worried about him.

I don't think we should bench Demski but I think we can get a lot of production once Lawler is in for Johnson. Use Demski as more of an Andre Durie type. He will get his snaps. Have Bailey on the field is going to make everybody else better.

Also our ratio doesn't matter. We start a million Canadians already.

Edited by BBlink

Rasheed Bailey wears his emotions on his sleeve. As a football player, very dependable. Freep says Bombers are talking with his agent. Did Bombers ever explain why they didn't re-sign Bailey in the first place? Now they want to bring back a guy they deemed expendable in the first place. Can we get Janarion Grant back too while we're at it? As many, many others have said, the personnel blunders by Bombers braintrust ... 

Fair enough. I actually forgot we are currently starting Clercius. He should definitely be our extra receiver.

I'm really down on Demski these days. But him being a 3rd or 4th option and not running as many plays down the field would be good.

29 minutes ago, Doublezero said:

Rasheed Bailey wears his emotions on his sleeve. As a football player, very dependable. Freep says Bombers are talking with his agent. Did Bombers ever explain why they didn't re-sign Bailey in the first place? Now they want to bring back a guy they deemed expendable in the first place. Can we get Janarion Grant back too while we're at it? As many, many others have said, the personnel blunders by Bombers braintrust ... 

Money, plain and simple.  He turned down much bigger offers to stay last year but it's not realistic to expect a guy to keep doing that so they knew he wouldn't be back this year.

I'm sure that if they had been able to make the numbers work, he would not have left. 

You sign Bailey and you go Lawler lucky Bailey Demski Woli. Until Kenny back, Wilson gets a chance still but 1 game does not make him more important than demski. 

Edited by Goalie

2 hours ago, BBlink said:

I'd be tempted to put Bailey in for Demski at this point. He runs the sweeps a lot better. He run blocks better. He pass blocks better. He doesn't fumble the ball. He makes catches in the hard areas. He can make deep contested catches as much as Demski. I don't really see the downside.

Only using Demski all the time is the issue. Its hard to disguise a sweep or the corner route when hes the same guy used every time for it.

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

Demski as a #1 is miscast. As a #3 (which he normally is) he's a dangerous weapon.

Demski is also the fourth highest paid receiver in the league. We need to have a serious discussion here whether or not that’s money well spent. The sad thing is having three of the four highest paid receivers in the league and two of them are out for most of the season has really messed up our cap situation. 

3 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

Demski is also the fourth highest paid receiver in the league. We need to have a serious discussion here whether or not that’s money well spent. The sad thing is having three of the four highest paid receivers in the league and two of them are out for most of the season has really messed up our cap situation. 

Our QB messes it up also. Could release Zach and signed Dru

28 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Our QB messes it up also. Could release Zach and signed Dru

Giving Kramdi almost 140k also doesn't help...anything Thomas gets as a Canadian vet didn't help either...even BO making 70k more than next highest back is a hindering issue too

1 hour ago, Doublezero said:

Money... Bailey could get more elsewhere so they let him, already having Lawler, schoen and Demski... well now they only have Demski so, and schoen isn't coming back this year so you have room for Bailey now.

3 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Money... Bailey could get more elsewhere so they let him, already having Lawler, schoen and Demski... well now they only have Demski so, and schoen isn't coming back this year so you have room for Bailey now.

If I was Bailey, I'd tell Walters to take a hike. We all know the Bombers won't sign him next season. If anyone has been disrespected by Walters over the years, it's Bailey.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

6 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

If I was Bailey, I'd tell Walters to take a hike. We all know the Bombers won't sign him next season. If anyone has been disrespected by Walters over the years, it's Bailey.

How has he been disrespected? 

11 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

When you have Schoen catching 26 tds in 2 years, Kenny Lawler, Woli, Demski and BO, Rasheed, unfortunately became the odd man out

19 hours ago, BBlink said:

We can be pissed off at him, Yeup. 

17 hours ago, bigg jay said:

Money, plain and simple.  He turned down much bigger offers to stay last year but it's not realistic to expect a guy to keep doing that so they knew he wouldn't be back this year.

I'm sure that if they had been able to make the numbers work, he would not have left. 

That’s my recollection as well. How many times does a guy have to give his employer a break? 

Edited by Rod Black

1 hour ago, Nolby said:

When you have Schoen catching 26 tds in 2 years, Kenny Lawler, Woli, Demski and BO, Rasheed, unfortunately became the odd man out

Yeah, well how'd that work out for us? 

6 hours ago, 17to85 said:

How has he been disrespected? 

Money & always thought to be replaceable. Always the odd man out no matter what he did. Expected he'd always take the cheaper contract no matter what. Sign for less or buh bye.