Blue Bombers - 2024 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

Wasn't it two games for Walker? I remember being at that game and thinking he could be a star. Running had a good half a season with us in 98 if I recall correctly. Then Walker wanted a dump truck full of $ and we traded for Kerwin "ball to his junk" Bell. Believe we dealt Running as part of the deal.

Bombers could've won 3 out of 4 of those games to start the year, things have started to bounce our way and we're first in the west. Looking like a very good team in a season of just good teams. 9-6 seems bang on to me.

I can't see anything confusing or confounding there lol.

So I remember listening to the CJOB pre game show for the season opener and Tait, DT and Big Bird go around the table and say "What Will The Bombers Record Be After The First 4 Games" and Tait said unequivocally, "4-0!". So after that first month.... I couldn't stop thinking "ah jeeze that really went sideways for poor Ed..." But damned if they haven't pulled the nose of the plane back up....

Stumbled upon this old game on YouTube from 1963, it features Ron Lancaster and George Reed and is well worth watching through for it's many oddities, one of which is the insane playoff structure the CFL employed back then, the Western team would have to win 4 or 5 playoff games to make the GC while the Eastern team only 1.

Edited by Fatty Liver

3 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

Stumbled upon this old game on YouTube from 1963, it features Ron Lancaster and George Reed and is well worth watching through for it's many oddities, one of which is the insane playoff structure the CFL employed back then.

How the hell was that pass at 7:05 not ruled incomplete?!? How in gods name is that a catch and fumble lmfao? Refs were gifting the Riders wins even back then!

4 hours ago, Noeller said:

So I remember listening to the CJOB pre game show for the season opener and Tait, DT and Big Bird go around the table and say "What Will The Bombers Record Be After The First 4 Games" and Tait said unequivocally, "4-0!". So after that first month.... I couldn't stop thinking "ah jeeze that really went sideways for poor Ed..." But damned if they haven't pulled the nose of the plane back up....

I did a break down before the win streak about how we’d need to split all our series and find ways to steal a couple extra wins to get back into the race. Instead, we just won all of them to date lol. 
 Nice to be able to turn that on. Be nicer if it wasn’t just turned off to start the year. Training camp/ pre season lasted like 2.5 months this year it was brutal lol 

3 hours ago, Fatty Liver said:

Stumbled upon this old game on YouTube from 1963, it features Ron Lancaster and George Reed and is well worth watching through for it's many oddities, one of which is the insane playoff structure the CFL employed back then, the Western team would have to win 4 or 5 playoff games to make the GC while the Eastern team only 1.

I find the blood splattering on this still a bit troubling. 

2 minutes ago, Booch said:

Why they so pushing that...but Ford hardly gets a mention...Ford same int's and has better pass defence metrics...on a better team..

"It's good for the league to have the riders fans engaged" - things I read on the internet....

1 minute ago, Noeller said:

"It's good for the league to have the riders fans engaged" - things I read on the internet....

But they also like to yammer on kid Canada...blah blah blah...yet here is a Canadian born...and trained...db...one of best in league...on best defence and they'd rather yap about cover-alls a QB who came back and looks like what he is...good (kinda) but not all world..and make excuses for him yet VA was doing just fine with same cast of characters and a DB on the worst pass defence in the league cause he got a mityfull of interceptions in bunches early 

18 minutes ago, Booch said:

Why they so pushing that...but Ford hardly gets a mention...Ford same int's and has better pass defence metrics...on a better team..

Nichols and ford are both hands down better dbs. With all our guys healthy, Milligan maybe makes our roster. 
 I’ve never seen a db soo hyped up on tackles. Even holm is just behind Milligan in tackles. No one is talking about him being on of our best dbs. He’s our worst, though still good. 
 for modp it’s a joke. For mop, sickening. 

20 minutes ago, Booch said:

But they also like to yammer on kid Canada...blah blah blah...yet here is a Canadian born...and trained...db...one of best in league...on best defence and they'd rather yap about cover-alls a QB who came back and looks like what he is...good (kinda) but not all world..and make excuses for him yet VA was doing just fine with same cast of characters and a DB on the worst pass defence in the league cause he got a mityfull of interceptions in bunches early 

Brady and brown are the two best players in the league at their position. Positions historically dominated by imps. They both play on the hottest and best team in the league.  Both instrumental in the longest win streak in the league.  
 If either was on another team theyd get the Rourke treatment.  

23 minutes ago, Booch said:
24 minutes ago, Booch said:

Rip David..was a very good and underrated DB

And damn I wish that's what our Whites looked like...that's a classic killer jersey

And damn I wish that's what our Whites looked like...that's a classic killer jersey

Royal Retros sell them but the jerseys don't have the Ws on the sleeves (I'm guessing due to trademark).

https://www.royalretros.com/en-ca/products/blue-and-gold-football-jersey

30 minutes ago, Booch said:

Rip David..was a very good and underrated DB

That away uniform with actual old gold pants should have been our alternate before that hockey nonsense, (ideally our permanent road set but I understand why people/the club like the current ones)