Blue Bombers - 2024 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

17 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Idk if these were try outs for next camp or if they guys failed a hard check point. Had hoped to atleast get a look at hart. 

Probably just tryouts, they'd really have to jump off the page to displace another player that's been on the team since the beginning of the season.  If they showed well likely see them again in the spring.

Edited by Fatty Liver

6 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

Probably just tryouts, they'd really have to jump off the page to displace another player that's been on the team since the beginning of the season.  If they showed well likely see them again in the spring.

Yeah Hornibrook was one of the guys we had on our neg list so they obviously saw something in him at one point.  I'd think he get another look next season with a full camp to show what he's got.

1 hour ago, Fatty Liver said:

That would be my guess. I believe the PR increases for a few weeks and then goes back to regular just before the last game so that teams can bring in guys for a late season look and give prospects for next year some things to work on before they come to camp.

52 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

That would be my guess. I believe the PR increases for a few weeks and then goes back to regular just before the last game so that teams can bring in guys for a late season look and give prospects for next year some things to work on before they come to camp.

I don't think the PR reduces in size, but it terminates with the regular season. A bunch of teams are pruning the PR, so I assume it's prep for year end. Edmonton cutting guys who aren't gonna play etc. 

I wonder if any one cut will be of interest/use. I suspect we will only add guys if it looks like we will not have some one for the play offs. Hope person gets a look and hubert gets one more. 

Cant believe we kept mitchell all year. Plus both Case and Smith. Man the PR is ugly. Would be better if the IR was jam packed all year, but still just ugly not turning over spots more when we've starved for positional depth at many times this year.

25 minutes ago, JCon said:

There's a 30-day PR expansion period after the NFL cutdowns. 5 additional PR spots. The Bombers activated it about 30 days ago. 

Unless they've recently changed this rule? 

@DTonOB mentioned the end of the PR expansion  in his tweet so it would appear the rule is still in place.