Blue Bombers - 2024 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

Now is the time of year when we need to be running the ball as much as possible. Get the biggest heaviest nastiest bulldozers out there and just force it down everyone's throat. 

More than anything I think it says "we watched the film... it was ****!" and are making a change that they can make to help the situation. 

3 hours ago, BBlink said:

Griffin is already on the roster, isn't he? Wonder if it's Woli and Feltmate coming back on the roster. 8 offensive linemen would be...a lot

Griffin was scratched (due to injury) before game time and was replaced in the line-up with McGhee.

They also only dressed 6 olineman so Randolph would make it 7 if there is no one coming off for the oline.

Edited by WinnipegGordo

7 hours ago, WinnipegGordo said:

Griffin was scratched (due to injury) before game time and was replaced in the line-up with McGhee.

They also only dressed 6 olineman so Randolph would make it 7 if there is no one coming off for the oline.

I was implying that if they brought Wallace back then it would be 8. But I suppose they could 1 game one of the existing members. 

12 hours ago, Noeller said:

Now is the time of year when we need to be running the ball as much as possible. Get the biggest heaviest nastiest bulldozers out there and just force it down everyone's throat. 

Considering we have THE best RB in the league, it would make good sense.

And it sets up play action quite nicely.

Sticking to football 101, not overthinking, not being cute will bode well for us, i.e., another GC appearance.

14 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Wallace has also been taking full practices, but they might keep him on the ir to end the year. 

Looks that way. 

11 hours ago, 17to85 said:

More than anything I think it says "we watched the film... it was ****!" and are making a change that they can make to help the situation. 

Maybe shoring up our SY unit too that literally sucked as well.

13 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Kelly played well & had our secondary off balance. Especially in the first half. Both our lines sucked.

And still only scored what? 14 points? To me there's a big difference between played well and didn't **** it up for hus defense.

2 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

And still only scored what? 14 points? To me there's a big difference between played well and didn't **** it up for hus defense.

I think they gave it to him based off that one play, where Willie had him dead to rights and he got past and scrambled for the 1st. 

I only think Kelly played well if you compare his game to the past 2 months of QBs playing us. 

Agree with @SpeedFlex27 Both our lines sucked and that was the difference between winning or losing.

Also missing Griffen was a bigger deal than anyone really mentioned imo. He’s been a difference maker when he’s on.
Griffen is what most of us purport Brian Cole to be. 

6 minutes ago, Goalie said:

203 yards passing to me ain’t deserving of player of the week status. That’s garbage nfl QB numbers. I mean was Matt Nichols named star of the week every time he put up 210 yards 

Yeah, I have no idea how they determined Kelly was the best QB last week unless they considered the fact he was going against the Bombers' defence. 

Harris had the best stats of the week going 25/30 for 271 and 2 TDs.

52 minutes ago, WinnipegGordo said:

Yeah, I have no idea how they determined Kelly was the best QB last week unless they considered the fact he was going against the Bombers' defence. 

Maybe it was an element of beating the Bombers who were on a 8-0 heater and he was the winning qb regardless of the stat sheet.

16 of 23. 203. 1 TD 

23 of 30 249. 1 interception 

one is player of the week. The other is Zach. Both missed the same amount of throws. I dunno. Star of the 1st half maybe. Just seems like maybe just completely based on beating Winnipeg cuz those numbers aren’t good at all. This is the cfl. 203 yds ain’t it. But so be it. 

Edited by Goalie

2 hours ago, WinnipegGordo said:

Maybe Kelly went the whole entire week without harassing a woman & they felt like that was a huge accomplishment for him?

25 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

Maybe Kelly went the whole entire week without harassing a woman & they felt like that was a huge accomplishment for him?

What’s kinda sad is it probably was something related to that lol or like he passed a sensitivity test. He passed the course he was supposed to be taking. CFL gave him a weekly honor for it. Congrats Chad on passing how to not to be a ******. 

Edited by Goalie