Blue Bombers - 2024 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

29 minutes ago, Nolby said:

Talk me off the ledge of why I shouldn't be as nervous as I am for the final game in Montreal, you know, its only got some minute implications.

When you compare this season's finale versus last season's, there implications are not minute. Last year, the Bombers were  fading as the playoffs approached and going into the playoffs on a two-game losing streak, particularly when  the losses are to two good teams who are apt to be in the Grey /cup game would be very bad. 

1 hour ago, Tracker said:

When you compare this season's finale versus last season's, there implications are not minute. Last year, the Bombers were  fading as the playoffs approached and going into the playoffs on a two-game losing streak, particularly when  the losses are to two good teams who are apt to be in the Grey /cup game would be very bad. 

The minute part was pure sarcasm, I know the game is huge.

1 hour ago, Tracker said:

Finishing second in the West may be a good thing, ultimately. It may force Walters & Osh to take stock of the entire team & be aggressive in free agency to shore up our holes. If we want to be in the 2025 Grey Cup at home. 

21 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Finishing second in the West may be a good thing, ultimately. It may force Walters & Osh to take stock of the entire team & be aggressive in free agency to shore up our holes. If we want to be in the 2025 Grey Cup at home. 

This team already looks quite different. I will take hosting the West Final, please, and just assume that they'll get us back again next year like they've done for the past four seasons. 

Edited by JCon

13 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Counter point, I may have to live with us losing a WF in Regina and the joy it would bring to Rider fans. Not a good thing at all.

32 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Bombers record coming off a bye is pretty damned good last few years is it not? Throw in something to play for and I like their chances.

Last loss the week after a bye looks like Montreal week 15 in 2019. Like 11 straight wins in games after bye. 

Falling to 2nd after the win streak would be pretty catastrophic. Idk what it would take to see greater change than what we will see due to age and young guys stepping up. 

The guys who need to retire who are injured are done imo. Ba, kyrie, biggie will all pack it in imo. I’d be stunned if any got a deal and came back. 
 Jake turns 34 this year, and I think the only chance we are actually rid of him is if the wear n tear convince him to move on, unfortunately. 
 Neuf probably should but probably won’t unless he’s really hurt. His career likely ends being carted off the field. 
 Zach, I think retires if we win or if he is putrid in the play offs, or if ol retire. Hes been taking a lot more hits the last almost 2 seasons. And he will be 37 next year. 
 Bryant, maybe the health scare prompts him to call it, other wise honestly he can do what ever. He’s still easily good enough to start.  
 Demski Willy and kola aren’t gonna retire. And we aren’t moving on from the guys who don’t retire. 

Coaching wise, the only chances at major changes is buck getting a hc job (he shouldn’t) or if hall decides to retire (don’t think he will.) 

other wise I think we bring in a qb coach / offensive qc to support buck, and reshuffle the D coaches. Maybe bring in a new front 6 coach. 

4 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Some of us in this forum thought the loss in the last Grey Cup would produce significant change, but it did not.

23 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Some of us in this forum thought the loss in the last Grey Cup would produce significant change, but it did not.

Some of you on this forum have unrealistic expectations. Best team in the cfl the last how many years really. At what point do some on this forum realize they don’t know **** 

4 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

They've already done that. Outside of the Oline. I fully expect nexts years team to be very good.

I was worried to start the year as it looked like their plan was to keep the old heads around, however Injuries forced change.

I'd love to make the cup this year again, but I won't be too upset if they don't. Next year...I want this team to dominate again!!

Sounds like Collaros has quite the speech following the loss to Toronto. Neufeld wouldn't go into details, but it was fiery. The OL, in particular, is not happy (nor should they be) and I wouldn't be surprised to see them enforce their will on the Als next weekend...

Collaros ain’t gonna retire if we win. Bet your ass all these guys wanna win it not only this year but especially next year here in Winnipeg 

I could see Zach retiring after next season. Not this one. No way he’s not our starting QB next year. Just don’t see him retiring when we host the cup. 

Edited by Goalie

17 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

They've already done that. Outside of the Oline. I fully expect nexts years team to be very good.

I was worried to start the year as it looked like their plan was to keep the old heads around, however Injuries forced change.

I'd love to make the cup this year again, but I won't be too upset if they don't. Next year...I want this team to dominate again!!

Agree with that. 

18 hours ago, Tracker said:

We have actually just not all in the off season. Sts and dc. Jj, grant, biggie, kyrie, sheed, and hardrick. 

16 minutes ago, JCon said:

Who's saying Collaros is walking away from that guaranteed money?

I do not think money is a primary motivating factor for zach. I do not think he wants to be hauled off the field or end on a concussion. If the ol lost Bryant and neuf, or if we moved on from either star wr, I think he’d be strongly swayed towards retiring. Also if buck leaves I think the chances go up. 

Keep in mind he’s been on a starters pay for 10 seasons. If he’s averaged 500k salary per year that’s 5 mil. I don’t think he has to make decisions based on the financials. 

15 hours ago, Noeller said:

Sounds like Collaros has quite the speech following the loss to Toronto. Neufeld wouldn't go into details, but it was fiery. The OL, in particular, is not happy (nor should they be) and I wouldn't be surprised to see them enforce their will on the Als next weekend...

glad to hear that. We need the pissed off motivated offence. Zach isn’t normally that kind of leader, for him to bust out that you know he’s fired up. 

Edited by wbbfan