Blue Bombers - 2024 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

33 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

No joke, he might get whiplash. 
 Wonder if we are moving guys to the ir this week. Some interesting moves to the ar already like player

You mean Person? Ya that is interesting. Excited to see what he can do. 

2024-10-20 WPG TAYLOR, Nicholas DB A Florida International ADD Practice Roster
2024-10-20 WPG VANTERPOOL, Micah OL A Hawaii ADD FROM PRACTICE ROSTER Game Roster
2024-10-20 WPG Person, Jason LB A Chattanooga ADD FROM PRACTICE ROSTER Game Roster
2024-10-20 WPG Bright, Cam LB A Washington TRF TO PRACTICE ROSTER Practice Roster

34 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

We will IR guys off the PR that we would like to keep for next year I would think

i would hope....tho some the outliers can still come back if on the PR...

3 minutes ago, blue85gold said:

2024-10-20 WPG VANTERPOOL, Micah OL A Hawaii ADD FROM PRACTICE ROSTER Game Roster
2024-10-20 WPG Person, Jason LB A Chattanooga ADD FROM PRACTICE ROSTER Game Roster
2024-10-20 WPG Bright, Cam LB A Washington TRF TO PRACTICE ROSTER Practice Roster

Person is the guy who as soon as we grabbed him I wanted inserted....I believe he is gonna be one the answers for the 2025 starting unit...maybe he will be that late season add this yr...he's legit....I was pumped when I saw we picked him up

1 minute ago, M.O.A.B. said:

Could they put Holm at safety and Taylor at field-side halfbback?

Don't know whythey just don't put Taylor at safety....he's olde...but still has elite speed...also knows all the nuances of CFL offenses so back there he would know exactly where to flow too...no need to make 3 moves to satisfy 1 injury...thats just bad management no matter how much a coach or players say they know all the positions

Taylor at safety...Bonds and Ford at corner....Anders Holmvic at HB and Griffin as the all around ace.....easy peasy

1 minute ago, Booch said:

Don't know whythey just don't put Taylor at safety....he's olde...but still has elite speed...also knows all the nuances of CFL offenses so back there he would know exactly where to flow too...no need to make 3 moves to satisfy 1 injury...thats just bad management no matter how much a coach or players say they know all the positions

Taylor at safety...Bonds and Ford at corner....Anders Holmvic at HB and Griffin as the all around ace.....easy peasy

I think this is exactly what they have done or plan on doing. Reports were that Taylor was shadowing Kelly at safety in practice.

Just now, blue85gold said:

Sure. 

Taylor at safety would be interesting too. He can bring the lumber and is very fast.

exactly...and his eyes have seen it all.....if BA is parked...and no offence to him but hope he is..Taylor inserted there and leave everyone else alone is the smart move......and also the best...Play off football now...U can't afford rookie blunders now.....and we all know Osh will play his vets till a limb falls off even if they not the best choice.....so Taylor in should be a no brainer?...He wasn't brought in this late for a "look" toward 2025

That being said Osh has a bad history of playng guys with missing limbs or ones that don't work...so BA at safety for the WF/WSF won't shock me in the least....sadly....And I am sure Wilson will be there too...rusty...not in game shape....and likely not 100 percent

19 minutes ago, Booch said:

exactly...and his eyes have seen it all.....if BA is parked...and no offence to him but hope he is..Taylor inserted there and leave everyone else alone is the smart move......and also the best...Play off football now...U can't afford rookie blunders now.....and we all know Osh will play his vets till a limb falls off even if they not the best choice.....so Taylor in should be a no brainer?...He wasn't brought in this late for a "look" toward 2025

That being said Osh has a bad history of playng guys with missing limbs or ones that don't work...so BA at safety for the WF/WSF won't shock me in the least....sadly....And I am sure Wilson will be there too...rusty...not in game shape....and likely not 100 percent

God I hope not. With Ayers looking like he's back hopefully they don't bring Wilson on at less than 100%

8 minutes ago, blue85gold said:

God I hope not. With Ayers looking like he's back hopefully they don't bring Wilson on at less than 100%

if you were a betting man..??......what would you bet? loI bet one of Cole/Ayers/even Griffin will lose a spot for Wilson....cause thats just Osh doing his Oshin' 

32 minutes ago, Booch said:

Imo, Taylor was brought in for the very specific reason of being the insurance policy of BA can't go in the playoffs. I highly doubt he is brought in for any other secondary function at this juncture of the season.

13 minutes ago, Booch said:

if you were a betting man..??......what would you bet? loI bet one of Cole/Ayers/even Griffin will lose a spot for Wilson....cause thats just Osh doing his Oshin' 

Ya man I'm not taking that bet haha

Maybe wishful thinking but maybe Osh learned his lesson after playing the Biggie and Schoen in the cup last year.

2 hours ago, bigg jay said:

Grainger & Wright coming back while Toles is new to the team.

https://www.bluebombers.com/2024/10/22/blue-bombers-sign-three-to-futures-contracts/

The interesting things about Wright (the Wright signing?) is that not only is he a big bugger (6'5" and 225lb), but he is also a punter/place kicker, but who knows how good he is? Still, it would be nice to have that kind of option in an emergency, ad we would have a lot less "roughing the kicker" penalties.

51 minutes ago, Booch said:

What about veteran blunders.  Plus Kelly isn't a rookie.

3 minutes ago, Tracker said:

The interesting things about Wright (the Wright signing?) is that not only is he a big bugger (6'5" and 225lb), but he is also a punter/place kicker, but who knows how good he is? Still, it would be nice to have that kind of option in an emergency, ad we would have a lot less "roughing the kicker" penalties.

We've had that option all season in Devin Adams.  I was hoping we'd get to see him boot one in a game at some point (especially given how uninspiring our punting has been this year).

https://www.winnipegfreepress.com/breakingnews/2024/06/20/adams-brings-formidable-talents-to-first-cfl-start

1 hour ago, blue85gold said:

Yeah person not player! 

1 hour ago, Booch said:

Yup. If we are going imp at S and not going with Cole, Taylor makes the most sense then nichols. One guy out of position rather than multiple guys. 
 Taylor is basically Holms upside, but Taylor has this dynamic play making ability. You watch him play and you can totally see how he’d was such a good basketball player, and would likely succeed at any athletic endeavour. 

36 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

We've had that option all season in Devin Adams.  I was hoping we'd get to see him boot one in a game at some point (especially given how uninspiring our punting has been this year).

https://www.winnipegfreepress.com/breakingnews/2024/06/20/adams-brings-formidable-talents-to-first-cfl-start

When’s the last time we had soo many dl who are back up punter/kickers? The 30s? 
 I want to say in his younger days that Jake Thomas was also a back up k/p. Think it was talked about when lankford had to do some duty for us in a pinch. 

53 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

Forgot about that. Thanks.

2 hours ago, blue85gold said:

Ya man I'm not taking that bet haha

Maybe wishful thinking but maybe Osh learned his lesson after playing the Biggie and Schoen in the cup last year.

an Bailey...and Demski.....and have BOLO stand on sidelines all game to not take a friggin snap

9 minutes ago, Deiter Fan said:

"The more I practice the luckier I get"

- Gary Player

“Luck is the residue of hard work”

an unemployed guy in the north west with a ratty hoody and 8 Super Bowl rings. 

2 minutes ago, Booch said:

an Bailey...and Demski.....and have BOLO stand on sidelines all game to not take a friggin snap

Oh god you’re gonna make me say roster management.meme 🤣

soo true though, we came soo close while dressing walking corpses, dressing guys and not using them, plus scratching guys that would’ve actually been useful. 
 How many times I wonder have we DI’d a guy and not given him one snap? A scary number that’s for sure. 

1 hour ago, CrazyCanuck89 said:

What about veteran blunders.  Plus Kelly isn't a rookie.

I was referring more to Bridges..McGhee and whatever other Import rookie they have kicking around

We have been well versed the last 2 yrs of veteran blunders....or maybe I should rephrase...veteran decile and inabilities now....Taylor tho...has always been pretty damned sound assignment wise...but I hear what u saying....thats where coaching needs to be on point in prep

4 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

“Luck is the residue of hard work”

an unemployed guy in the north west with a ratty hoody and 8 Super Bowl rings. 

Oh god you’re gonna make me say roster management.meme 🤣

soo true though, we came soo close while dressing walking corpses, dressing guys and not using them, plus scratching guys that would’ve actually been useful. 
 How many times I wonder have we DI’d a guy and not given him one snap? A scary number that’s for sure. 

yup...I know people...well some are tired of hearing about it...don't wanna believe it...thiunk its a personal vndetta...etc..etc....but it's a thing...it happened...was key to our flops....and hasn't totally disappeared yet....and I fear it shows up...again....hope we learned

35 minutes ago, Booch said:

I was referring more to Bridges..McGhee and whatever other Import rookie they have kicking around

We have been well versed the last 2 yrs of veteran blunders....or maybe I should rephrase...veteran decile and inabilities now....Taylor tho...has always been pretty damned sound assignment wise...but I hear what u saying....thats where coaching needs to be on point in prep

yup...I know people...well some are tired of hearing about it...don't wanna believe it...thiunk its a personal vndetta...etc..etc....but it's a thing...it happened...was key to our flops....and hasn't totally disappeared yet....and I fear it shows up...again....hope we learned

It was a factor in our losses for sure. The only factor? Nope. There were multiple reasons we lost that game and most of them were not on the coaching. My objection is that you guys say that with better coaching we would have won...and it's only partially true..we also needed about a half dozen brain cramps, busted coverages, and poor QB decisions,  back as well. Had we played a clean game up to the level of our lineup we had it's quite possible that roster usage may not have mattered

Edited by GCn20