Blue Bombers - 2024 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

There's your future short yardage QB. 😊
Tachinski-scaled-e1715479537203-1024x744.jpg

Jackson Tachinski, QB, University of Manitoba (Winnipeg, MB.)

Rounding out the list is the University of Manitoba’s pivot Jackson Tachinski. There arguably isn’t a better dual-threat option in the country as the 22-year-old completed 60 percent of his passes for 1757 yards, 10 touchdowns, and only one interception. The six-foot-four, 215-pound passer also rumbled for 538 yards and six touchdowns along the ground, both of which were among the top in the Canada West last year. He ran for 62 yards and threw two majors in his opener this year and will be expected to take another step forward.

2 hours ago, M.O.A.B. said:

There's your future short yardage QB. 😊
Tachinski-scaled-e1715479537203-1024x744.jpg

Jackson Tachinski, QB, University of Manitoba (Winnipeg, MB.)

Rounding out the list is the University of Manitoba’s pivot Jackson Tachinski. There arguably isn’t a better dual-threat option in the country as the 22-year-old completed 60 percent of his passes for 1757 yards, 10 touchdowns, and only one interception. The six-foot-four, 215-pound passer also rumbled for 538 yards and six touchdowns along the ground, both of which were among the top in the Canada West last year. He ran for 62 yards and threw two majors in his opener this year and will be expected to take another step forward.

Personally don't think he has a hope in hell of playing pro QB with his lack of accuracy/zip.  But will be a nice receiver at his size and toughness.  Kind of the traditional Canadian slotback although those guys often play at the field WR now with the hashmark change.

Might be a nice piece as an offensive weapon where you can use him taking the snap in run sets.

If Strev is done for yr.....we need to pick up a vet guy

Do we trade for one?.....and who gives us one?...Only player I can see who might is Cgy with Shiltz...especially if they lose today....Maybe they offer up Maier....Long shot Hamilton with Powell

Other than that there is Dolegala...Corny...Fine....pickins are pretty damn slim but we cant go with 2 rookies behind ZC

1 minute ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

I would take Corny or Dolegala for short yardage for sure. They could at a minimum do what Strev was doing.

Both ******* AWFUL.... Want no part of either. Prukop MAYBE.... otherwise just roll with Wilson.

33 minutes ago, Noeller said:

There is absolutely nobody out there that I would want...

we will need some experienced guy thjo....so you just gonna have to accept that we be scrap heaping next week if we cant trade

19 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Poopkup is easily the worst of all those options. 

yup....he can't run a regular offence at all...At least Heavy balls did....Dolegala did....Fine did....and 2 of them ran a offence in a **** system.....Lookwhat the Faj did after leaving said **** system

22 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Both ******* AWFUL.... Want no part of either. Prukop MAYBE.... otherwise just roll with Wilson.

Prukopp cant pass for his life tho...so If ZC goes down extended...then what?...You also vant discount a guy from in a different system....poor coaching...etc....all yhou need to do is look at ZC....Even when not injured...most people wrote him off and said he was done....

Dolegala or Corny or whoever... All ******* terrible. The only reason you're even mentioning them is because you've heard their names before. They are known DUDS.... I'd rather roll with an unknown.

Just now, Noeller said:

Dolegala or Corny or whoever... All ******* terrible. The only reason you're even mentioning them is because you've heard their names before. They are known DUDS.... I'd rather roll with an unknown.

what dont you grasp tho.....we will need a back-up "with" CFL experience....so thats your choices .....and It's not like they will be playing...they insurance incase ZC gets put out for extended period....and really...we have strung games together with wins of late with arguably really poor QB  play...so we will be just fine lol

Just now, 17to85 said:

Yeah with this OL playing like they are Wilson will be destroyed. Not that Dolebanana (stealing it and making it a thing) or corny will do any better, at least nothing of value would be lost.

Yeah I mean zach has been banged up more this year than all his previous games as a bomber, and strevy too. 
 Give me some ghetto Cody Fajardo who can run for sweet life and hit 2-3 routes. 

2 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Yeah I mean zach has been banged up more this year than all his previous games as a bomber, and strevy too. 
 Give me some ghetto Cody Fajardo who can run for sweet life and hit 2-3 routes. 

That's exactly what they need. Someone who just tucks and runs and can maybe hit a few school yard plays and mostly avoid mistakes.