Blue Bombers - 2024 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

10 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Zac is not the problem in our offence..although he isn't the answer either. It starts at playcalling..which has been awful since late last year. Receivers not getting it done, an OL that is whiffing on protection too often, and a QB that is trying too hard to make something out of nothing. WTF did Brady ball go? Answer that and you have found our problem.

It’s O’Sheas burner cuz this is delusional. A bad QB who can’t make a decision In 3 4 5 sometimes more seconds is certainly a huge problem. Zach had plenty of time. Brady had 130 yds of our combined 131 yards of O really.  Blaming buck? Maybe but he’s not the guy not making the right reads or throws or throwing into triple coverage every game. Bottom line. Collaros isn’t executing. 2 tds 7 8 interceptions is really really good tho and our kicker having to kick 55 yd fgs every game is definitely working out. 

Another rookie QB looks better than our vet without KSB for a half. Their best receiver or pattersons favourite at least   BCs line sucks. Sasks does also. Ours is similar. Their QBs aren’t immobile statues 

they released barriere after looking like **** for 1 Q in pre season. Zach has been **** for over a year now. 

Edited by Goalie

7 hours ago, Mark H. said:

ZC has time to throw most of the time. The OL they had 4-5 years is probably not attainable.  BO is also getting decent yardage, for the most part. 

He's starting to do what Drew Willy & Matt Nichols did. Can't set up in the pocket. Bails a second too early. has to throww deep on the run or if he stands in there a second too early. Balls are underthrown. Or Zach panics just to get rid of it & it's picked off. Our line is the problem. These high priced & under performing vets are killing him.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

Just now, SpeedFlex27 said:

He's starting to do what Drew Willy & Mark Nichols did. Can't set up in the pocket. Bails a second too early. has to throww deep on the run or if he stands in there a second too early. Balls are underthrown. Or Zach panics just to get rid of it & it's picked off. Our line is the problem. These high priced & under performing vets are killing him.

That happens on some plays, for sure.  But on others he does have time. The OL used to be lights out, now they are average.

1 minute ago, Mark H. said:

That happens on some plays, for sure.  But on others he does have time. The OL used to be lights out, now they are average.

They are no worse than bc or Saskatchewans line. 

1 minute ago, Mark H. said:

Zach's acting like Nichols did. Seeing defensive linemen coming at him like phantoms.

4 hours ago, 17to85 said:

He has done that every game this year. Throw it right to the opposition when we start moving the ball. Guy is just so done as a high level qb. Physically and mentally.

Have you looked around the league? I don't see any young backup qbs waiting to burst onto the scene as a free agent. Powell for sure but Hamilton will never let him go. We're in big doo doo **** at the qb position. 

11 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

Was at least one play last night. Pump once, pump twice sacked for a big loss. He won't even throw the ball away to avoid losing yards. Mentally he is toast.

3 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

Multiple times last night. He looked like a rookie.

And has for some time now. So far the best passes were thrown by Wilson in pre season to receivers who couldn’t and still can’t catch. It’s hard to tell tho if receivers are a problem or if Zach just constantly trying to wing it out there.  He had guys open last night also and either ignored them or went another way with the ball into double and triple coverage. 

Edited by Goalie

14 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Have you looked around the league? I don't see any young backup qbs waiting to burst onto the scene as a free agent. Powell for sure but Hamilton will never let him go. We're in big doo doo **** at the qb position. 

So let's try the guy already on the roster... I know you've convinced yourself he can't throw, but you're wrong.

10 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

So let's try the guy already on the roster... I know you've convinced yourself he can't throw, but you're wrong.

No, never said we can't try him as we should, But Streveler is no better than a transitional qb until the next legit starter comes here. Looking around the league, Strev could be a transitional qb for years to come. 

10 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Zach can’t throw and makes stupid decisions. Strev couldn’t be worse. Wilson couldn’t be worse. 

Wilson? Oh yes. 

12 minutes ago, Goalie said:

It’s hard to tell tho if receivers are a problem or if Zach just constantly trying to wing it out there.

Zach's decline has been evident for some time. Lawler and Schoen frequently bailed him out by making superhuman grabs. This year that ain't happening and so the QB's failings are even more evident. 

Just now, 17to85 said:

Based on what? 

His style of play. He can't carry a team based on his own talent. He needs talented players around him. However, he should be given free reign to run the entire playbook so he can be ready to go. He's on the roster so play him.

I wonder what it’s going to take for a change. Either from Osh, Walters or both. Team is 2-5, worst QB in the CFL statistically by far, and the Argos next week in TO. 2-6 enough to convince them to do something? It’s frustrating because the fanbase knows this team as currently constructed is done.

20 minutes ago, M.Silverback said:

I wonder what it’s going to take for a change. Either from Osh, Walters or both. Team is 2-5, worst QB in the CFL statistically by far, and the Argos next week in TO. 2-6 enough to convince them to do something? It’s frustrating because the fanbase knows this team as currently constructed is done.

And then b2b vs bc no then b2b with Sask. 2 and 8 9 is possible. 

If Strev is put in...and allowed to play QB in our offense I have more than enough confidence that he would perform well with some.minor wrinkles and tweaks to allow his run threat to cause defenses to pick their poison.

And he has that ability to make something from nothing with his legs when he "has" to...but not focus the scheme around him running.

Lawler back...Wilson to not be "the guy" insert Whitehead as he has value in multiple looks and can take some the sweep..or sweep looks from Demski and allow him to find space down the field....Whitehead also knows the spots to go when plays break down or there is a full on blitz which would be immense help...I'd have Smith back on and also see reps with multiple moving parts in motion with BO and Demski...Whitehead and Strevs threat...cater the system to what you have and stop forcing stuff like we been

U roll out Bo with Lawlwer..Demski..Woli...Lucky and Wilson with Strev running things...no reason we can't be productive on offence

The Argos and the Riders are playing with their backup QB's. Both look better than Collaros this year.

Montreal will start playing with their backup QB next week. I bet they don't go 2-5 in the next 7 games. 

BC lost their top two receivers and haven't lost a step. We lose our top 2 and use that as an excuse for losing.

Hamilton and Edmonton haven't won a game yet. Next week one of them will most likely be a single game behind us. 

If we lose 2 of our next 3, & I think that's probable, then it's time to dump the old guys who won't be around next year and give the youngsters the playing time. It's time to see what Streveler can do. It's time to bring in young guys to actually compete. It's time to bring in NFL cuts to compete. It's time to bring in the best young QB we can find and start the process. 

1 minute ago, TBURGESS said:

The Argos and the Riders are playing with their backup QB's. Both look better than Collaros this year.

Montreal will start playing with their backup QB next week. I bet they don't go 2-5 in the next 7 games. 

BC lost their top two receivers and haven't lost a step. We lose our top 2 and use that as an excuse for losing.

Hamilton and Edmonton haven't won a game yet. Next week one of them will most likely be a single game behind us. 

If we lose 2 of our next 3, & I think that's probable, then it's time to dump the old guys who won't be around next year and give the youngsters the playing time. It's time to see what Streveler can do. It's time to bring in young guys to actually compete. It's time to bring in NFL cuts to compete. It's time to bring in the best young QB we can find and start the process. 

Yup

30 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

How do we know this?

Because Strev. has shown no sign he can adapt or play a completely different style than he has with every rep. he's taken this year?  A leopard can't change it's spots and I see no evidence Strev. can either.

6 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

Because Strev. has shown no sign he can adapt or play a completely different style than he has with every rep. he's taken this year?  A leopard can't change it's spots and I see no evidence Strev. can either.

You mean like when he took over for zach mid game with zach game plan and played a better half of football than zach has in 10 months? Or with the jets in the preseason? Or his entire college career? Or the first year here? We’ve pin holed him into this Michael Vick package because it’s got a high floor. Nothing to do with what he’s done or capable of. if you haven’t seen it, you don’t know what to look for and wouldn’t know short of the second coming of Montana. 

Strevy should be running a passing offence with some rpo plays worked in and a sprinkling of qb runs. Those runs should be built around big plays not squeezing out 5 physical yards.