Blue Bombers - 2024 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

34 minutes ago, bb1 said:

Honestly people forget, i went to a Bomber game with Reinbold coaching ( i think it was against BC) and we actually WON the game and people swarmed the field like we won the Grey Cup! Now this season if we don't win 15 games AND the Cup it is a disaster...😄🤯

We beat the Riders by 20 something points, final game of the season.  Dr. Jeff proclaimed that this "Was what we were building towards"   Next year we started 0-6.......and Jeff got canned.

8 hours ago, do or die said:

We beat the Riders by 20 something points, final game of the season.  Dr. Jeff proclaimed that this "Was what we were building towards"   Next year we started 0-6.......and Jeff got canned.

I was at that game. They were 3-14 heading into it and won 55-9. I remember the “building towards” interview. 

The next year they started 0-9 before beating Sask again in the Troy Kopp game. Fans waited nearly 11 months between Bomber regular season victories. 
It would be a full calendar year (Sept 19/97-Sept. 23/98) between Bomber wins over anyone other than the Riders. 

6 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Troy Kopp game was great. For 20 minutes or so, the man played like a Hall of Famer.

That’s still the loudest I ever heard the old stadium. The upper deck felt like it was going to collapse 

Edited by JohnnyAbonny

13 minutes ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

I was at that game. They were 3-14 heading into it and won 55-9. I remember the “building towards” interview. 

The next year they started 0-9 before beating Sask again in the Troy Kopp game. Fans waited nearly 11 months between Bomber regular season victories. 
It would be a full calendar year (Sept 19/97-Sept. 23/98) between Bomber wins over anyone other than the Riders. 

Hence why we need to enjoy every moment with our club right now. We’ve earned these stripes.

33 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

Are you talking about how many Grey Cup wins they have or number of teeth? 

4 cups for every 1 tooth is a pretty impressive ratio from a certain point of view!

17 hours ago, Goalie said:

Reinbold riding the motorcycle out when they introduced him was a memory. Might be one of the first. Honestly not sure when it was but definitely rode a motorcycle 1 time. Everybody thought it was cool. 

It was a weird time, don't know who did it first Reinbold or Stockwell.

The politics behind the picture

14 hours ago, bb1 said:

Honestly people forget, i went to a Bomber game with Reinbold coaching ( i think it was against BC) and we actually WON the game and people swarmed the field like we won the Grey Cup! Now this season if we don't win 15 games AND the Cup it is a disaster...😄🤯

Man. TJ Rubley. Storming the old field as pre teens and even teens was fun ****  

can’t really do that at Princess Auto Stadium 

Edited by Goalie

2 hours ago, Goalie said:

Man. TJ Rubley. Storming the old field as pre teens and even teens was fun ****  

can’t really do that at Princess Auto Stadium 

It was Chris Vargas. That game against the Lions was one of the most fun times I’ve had at the stadium. Getting to rush the field as a 10 year old was amazing. There was also a shoving match between Reinbold and Adam Rita over a very late hit on Damon Allen by a Bomber DB 

Least it’s an ni fb this time, don’t thin mci is game day ready yet. Might not be this year. At least as a fb/rb

2 hours ago, Mike said:

Tony Jones was good for Edmonton in limited time last year but this annoys me because it just is another example of how we don’t want to ever recruit 

Should cut mcghee and a global lber. Keeping either or gemmell is typical roster management around here though. 

2 hours ago, Mike said:

Tony Jones was good for Edmonton in limited time last year but this annoys me because it just is another example of how we don’t want to ever recruit 

I guess the question would be, did he just decide he didn't want to sit on the pr?