Blue Bombers - 2024 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

44 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Money & always thought to be replaceable. Always the odd man out no matter what he did. Expected he'd always take the cheaper contract no matter what. Sign for less or buh bye. 

I don't think that's disrespect as much as it is a reality of being under a salary cap and that he was (unfortunately for him) behind some of the best receivers in the league.

They were upfront with Bailey and told him  he was worth more than what they could afford.  Last year he chose to stay at below market value, this year he did not.  

The fact that the Bombers immediately reached out to his agent after his release, shows what they think of him. With Lawler and Schoen out, we should have the cap space to bring him back at a fair price.

48 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

I don't think that's disrespect as much as it is a reality of being under a salary cap and that he was (unfortunately for him) behind some of the best receivers in the league.

They were upfront with Bailey and told him  he was worth more than what they could afford.  Last year he chose to stay at below market value, this year he did not.  

The fact that the Bombers immediately reached out to his agent after his release, shows what they think of him. With Lawler and Schoen out, we should have the cap space to bring him back at a fair price.

or...we could purge Thomas...Kolo....Biggie....and I'd even throw Kramdi's stupid contract in there as we dont need a Canadian starter there at premium price for bargain bin value and other dead weight vet salary before they are guaranteed and start the transition to actual talent this yr looking forward to 2025...and maybe catching lightning in a bottle like 2019 and rolling thru playoffs hot.

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Money & always thought to be replaceable. Always the odd man out no matter what he did. Expected he'd always take the cheaper contract no matter what. Sign for less or buh bye. 

You really think that's how it went down? Cause from my perspective it was more like "look we know you're worth more but we don't have the space to offer you that, so go find what you're worth." And last season Bailey opted to take less just to stay.  That's not disrespectful,  that's just the business and both sides handled it well IMO.

Now with 2 big ticket guys on the long term IR you can bring back a guy like that when he is released. 

1 minute ago, Booch said:

or...we could purge Thomas...Kolo....Biggie....and I'd even throw Kramdi's stupid contract in there as we dont need a Canadian starter there at premium price for bargain bin value and other dead weight vet salary before they are guaranteed and start the transition to actual talent this yr looking forward to 2025...and maybe catching lightning in a bottle like 2019 and rolling thru playoffs hot.

Oh yeah there's some not so great salary management going on for sure. Walters carries his share of the blame for the state we are in at the moment. Dead weight and bad deals are crippling us (now and at least into next season).

I'm assuming Bailey signed for a fair bit more than what we could have offered but we also let Janarion walk, only to see him sign a relatively small contract in Toronto. The fact that they couldn't find a way to squeeze him in was eye opening.

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

And that’s the way at the beginning of ‘03. Bailey, proud to be a Bomber, lots of goodwill - for less money,  A crowd favourite. That he was. 

48 minutes ago, Booch said:

If the players see O'Shea as the problem (or a big part of it), they will rise up and play their best. You see it all the time when a head coach, particularly an unpopular one, gets sacked, the team typically goes on a run. So......yes, I'm saying there's a chance.

Worst team in league versus the run...by a large margin..and where we weak on defense...DT with Thomas..Biggie..BA and Kramdi...worst quartet in league by ward margin...hmmmm...any correlation there? Ding ding ding...open your damn eyes Oshie Boi

Just now, Noeller said:

I respect your opinion more than most.... But yeeeesh.... It's a lot. 

And u will keep hearing it until it changes...and good luck seeing change...so strap in to keep hearing it

5 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

He can barely move.

Terry Wilson. Qb sneak isn’t some 200iq play that requires a special guy. Other teams don’t run out a special guy on the roster to execute it. Take the hand off follow your ol forward push a bit hold onto the ball. 

On 2024-07-28 at 3:46 AM, wbbfan said:

Terry Wilson. Qb sneak isn’t some 200iq play that requires a special guy. Other teams don’t run out a special guy on the roster to execute it. Take the hand off follow your ol forward push a bit hold onto the ball. 

Unless your QB is Tyrell Pigrome

Edited by Pete Catan's Ghost