Blue Bombers - 2024 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

1 hour ago, wbbfan said:

Least it’s an ni fb this time, don’t thin mci is game day ready yet. Might not be this year. At least as a fb/rb

Should cut mcghee and a global lber. Keeping either or gemmell is typical roster management around here though. 

I mean the one PR spot is only for a Global player.  So if they cut one they just decrease the PR size by one.  

Feltmate is a really solid add.  Surprised Hamilton didn't leave him on Retired List.

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

I guess the question would be, did he just decide he didn't want to sit on the pr?

And the answer is who the **** cares.  Jones has been moving guys in and out of that defense like a moron.  All rookie secondary cost him the game yesterday.

3 minutes ago, Atomic said:

I wonder if we see Jones come on as a DI and we go with Wilson-Bighill-Cole in the LB corps? I don't know why else we would sign Jones right as Bighill is getting healthy.

Because they like him and he's an upgrade on special teams.  PR spot basically opens up because Lawler is down.

Wouldn't be surprised to see a bit of a roster shift this week with Mitchell coming off for someone who can cover kicks (like Jones) and Holm/Bonds returning punts.

21 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

I mean the one PR spot is only for a Global player.  So if they cut one they just decrease the PR size by one.  

Feltmate is a really solid add.  Surprised Hamilton didn't leave him on Retired List.

And the answer is who the **** cares.  Jones has been moving guys in and out of that defense like a moron.  All rookie secondary cost him the game yesterday.

Think he meant did Gemmel not want to sit on the PR? 

4 hours ago, BomberBall. said:

Surprised to see Gemmel released.

another example of our poor scouting this year. We had 100 players in camp, and only Adams and Woods have made any kind of good impression as rookies. We don't have a true de to back up Haba/Jefferson, our returners look much the same as when Grant went down ly and we tried to repurpose someone else (i.e. Parker and Mcghee) Is Feltmate being brought in because Chris-Ike isn't showing enough?

4 minutes ago, Pete said:

another example of our poor scouting this year. We had 100 players in camp, and only Adams and Woods have made any kind of good impression as rookies. We don't have a true de to back up Haba/Jefferson, our returners look much the same as when Grant went down ly and we tried to repurpose someone else (i.e. Parker and Mcghee) Is Feltmate being brought in because Chris-Ike isn't showing enough?

I think Feltmate’s just being brought in because he’s available, solid and our ST sucks. 

1 minute ago, Pete said:

Returner situation is ridiculous.

We started the season with a guy who didn't even return punts in the pre-season game.  The pre-season had no focus on preparing for the real game.  Special teams easily cost us 10 points in that game aside from Castillo.

Chris-Ike is an extremely raw rookie.  I was pretty surprised he made the opening roster.  Easily could have kept Rosery as a solid teams guy who can back up all over the offense and maybe even fill that blocking back role.  Now we'll probably bring on Murphy when we drop Mitchell and Chris-Ike will go down to PR for Feltmate in the next couple weeks who is more of a pure special teamer with not a ton of utility.

1 hour ago, rebusrankin said:

Feltmate is a pretty good ST guy, correct?

Worrisome that Brady is sitting out. Not a fan of Augustine as the primary rb. Wish we'd bring in a guy. 

Wheatfall is interesting. I have to be honest, I assume Zach just targets Demski and Schoen at ton with Lawler out.

Without flipping the position to American then just who do you bring in? 

So training camp was just for shits n giggles again. Yeah. Suitor during the Calgary Hamilton game goes every team has a returner and I immediately go the bombers don’t dip ****. 

is this the start of our fall from grace due to stubbornly trying to get 1 more play out of the veteran? Are we up stream  without a paddle. 

Edited by Goalie

14 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Without flipping the position to American then just who do you bring in? 

If you had an american backup on the PR for example, if Brady was out you could start him and go 5 on offense (3 OL+2WR) AND 2 on D (some combination of CB (Ford), LB (Gauthier), DL (Thomas or Schmekel) and S (Hallett) which as others have said we do anyways. You could also do this while declaring Jefferson and Wilson designated Canadians which would give you 44 reps where you could use one of them as one of the two.

18 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

If you had an american backup on the PR for example, if Brady was out you could start him and go 5 on offense (3 OL+2WR) AND 2 on D (some combination of CB (Ford), LB (Gauthier), DL (Thomas or Schmekel) and S (Hallett) which as others have said we do anyways. You could also do this while declaring Jefferson and Wilson designated Canadians which would give you 44 reps where you could use one of them as one of the two.

Can only go one on each side of the ball.

4 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

One spot is, two spots aren’t. Keep the min cut the excess. 

2 hours ago, Mike said:

I don’t read too much into the Feltmate add beyond they took the opportunity to add a good player who was available 

I presume Ayers will go to pr to get jones on the ar, that’s a nice instant upgrade to teams. Feltman on for mci  

3 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Returner situation is ridiculous.

We started the season with a guy who didn't even return punts in the pre-season game.  The pre-season had no focus on preparing for the real game.  Special teams easily cost us 10 points in that game aside from Castillo.

Chris-Ike is an extremely raw rookie.  I was pretty surprised he made the opening roster.  Easily could have kept Rosery as a solid teams guy who can back up all over the offense and maybe even fill that blocking back role.  Now we'll probably bring on Murphy when we drop Mitchell and Chris-Ike will go down to PR for Feltmate in the next couple weeks who is more of a pure special teamer with not a ton of utility.

Qft mci maybe can contribute on kick cover as the last guy on the ar, but that’s a stretch especially when we have other guys who can do that better. He should spend most of the year on the pr, he’s not likely ready to contribute this year. I’d only throw him back on the ar if we have cushion games at the end of the year. 

Edited by wbbfan

6 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

One spot is, two spots aren’t. Keep the min cut the excess. 

Neither Global is taking a spot from someone else.  They couldn't cut them and replace them with Americans or Canadians.  They'd just have a 10 man PR.   If you have 11, 1 has to be Global.  If you have 12, 2 have to be Global.  So it's kind of an overstatement to have any concern about it.