Blue Bombers - 2024 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

40 minutes ago, voodoochylde said:

Twice in the same drive but who’s counting.

Once, if you understand how a short yardage play works. 

14 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

How long does it take to sign Bailey??? The one player who could help us right away & it looks like the Bombers may not sign him.

Depends if you have a competent team or not. 
 with the considerable injury/performance issues the league has seen with vet wrs some one else might make a better offer. Not to mention possibly going to a better team/offence. After a couple off seasons of him being close to leaving then finally leaving we might not want to come back at all especially considering the likelihood that it’s just for half a year and not next year too. 

16 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

How long does it take to sign Bailey??? The one player who could help us right away & it looks like the Bombers may not sign him.

The bombers were scheduled to have a meeting with his agent yesterday so a deal could still be in the works (or already done and just hasn't been announced yet).

6 minutes ago, Doublezero said:

Any word on Wolitarsky's status?

Lol!!! Like O'Shea will tell us, ha ha.

2 hours ago, bigg jay said:

The bombers were scheduled to have a meeting with his agent yesterday so a deal could still be in the works (or already done and just hasn't been announced yet).

Yeah, these contracts for Number 3 receivers are pretty complex.

200.webp?cid=790b7611pwjisg8d3wnnge786la

Edited by SpeedFlex27

9 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Lol!!! Like O'Shea will tell us, ha ha.

Well, if Woli is still able to play after that injury, club should look at a deal for Demski in exchange for some O line help.

9 hours ago, wbbfan said:

It was back to back plays at the goal line.  A single yard on 2nd and 2 and stuffed on 3rd and 1.  He never saw the field again after that.

And let’s not be condescending .. I know how short yardage works.

7 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Yeah and if it's not done immediately, it's not getting done I guess. 

200.webp

Look how long it took for Lucky's deal to get done, and that was a PR deal.  It was reported on June 29th that he was expected to sign but a deal wasn't officially announced until July 8th.  I'm not too concerned about this getting done.

3 hours ago, voodoochylde said:

It was back to back plays at the goal line.  A single yard on 2nd and 2 and stuffed on 3rd and 1.  He never saw the field again after that.

And let’s not be condescending .. I know how short yardage works.

Nope clearly you don’t, and he had two dives here and missed one. 

12 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Depends if you have a competent team or not. 
 with the considerable injury/performance issues the league has seen with vet wrs some one else might make a better offer. Not to mention possibly going to a better team/offence. After a couple off seasons of him being close to leaving then finally leaving we might not want to come back at all especially considering the likelihood that it’s just for half a year and not next year too. 

Both sides know Bailey won't be re-signed next season unless one of the five receivers with spots locked up is dealt away, which is a possibility.  If he's signed at all it's as temp. help till the end of the season, it's now a game of Walters negotiating "how low will you go to extend your football career?"

5 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

Both sides know Bailey won't be re-signed next season unless one of the five receivers with spots locked up is dealt away, which is a possibility.  If he's signed at all it's as temp. help till the end of the season, it's now a game of Walters negotiating "how low will you go to extend your football career?"

He could be actually...Schoen wont be ready for start of season....and even then may take a while to get back...Bailey is only just 30....yesterday...not like he is Biggie age...and also guys Like Wilson need to prove their worth too as a legit player.....other than him...we have unearthed nobody to make Bailey if signed expendable....If anyone won't be brought back it's probably Lucky....Unless he gets his chance finally here....which he should have already and rips it up...then why not offer him a TC invite

Bailey brings a lot to the team...and it's been sorely missed

4 minutes ago, Stickem said:

I think Bailey would like to come home BUT hey we're in no hurry....We're in good shape injury wise.................................Yeah right

we like everyone in the buildig...they are all starters...thats why they are here...ummm....okay

2 minutes ago, Booch said:

He could be actually...Schoen wont be ready for start of season....and even then may take a while to get back...Bailey is only just 30....yesterday...not like he is Biggie age...and also guys Like Wilson need to prove their worth too as a legit player.....other than him...we have unearthed nobody to make Bailey if signed expendable....If anyone won't be brought back it's probably Lucky....Unless he gets his chance finally here....which he should have already and rips it up...then why not offer him a TC invite

we like everyone in the buildig...they are all starters...thats why they are here...ummm....okay

AND I don't think Woli is going to be a 100 percent after the wallop he took last game....That should have been enough of a red flag to get Rasheed signed and on the roster pronto....

1 hour ago, wbbfan said:

Nope clearly you don’t, and he had two dives here and missed one. 

Aren't you cute.

Two plays back to back with our heavy set on the Hamilton 2 yard line .. 55 minute mark .. and please don't try to tell me we weren't trying to punch it in right from the get go or that short yardage means that we're only trying to pick up a single yard or some nonsense like that.  Let's not be disingenuous.  The offense and Pigrome failed to convert on back to back plays and Pigrome never saw the field again in short yardage situations.

22 minutes ago, Booch said:

His value was always clearly apparent, question is Bailey willing to sink as low as Roosevelt and Lucky to extend his career and prepared to be cut or relegated to the PR when the designated starters get healthy.  Pokey Wilson will be a Bomber for at least 2 seasons, once his contract expires anything could happen.

8 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

His value was always clearly apparent, question is Bailey willing to sink as low as Roosevelt and Lucky to extend his career and prepared to be cut or relegated to the PR when the designated starters get healthy.  Pokey Wilson will be a Bomber for at least 2 seasons, once his contract expires anything could happen.

I think Bailey is a guy who loves football and isn't willing to set that aside easily.

We have dead weight on the roster; guys who for the life of me I can't understand why they are still around.  For this year at least, he sees the field and plays and I can see a world where he sticks around next season as well.   While not the same player, Bailey reminds me a lot of Darvin Adams in terms of his attitude and the fire he brings the receiving group as a whole.

Just now, voodoochylde said:

I think Bailey is a guy who loves football and isn't willing to set that aside easily.

We have dead weight on the roster, guys who for the life of me, can't understand why they are still around.  For this year at least, he sees the field and plays and I can see a world where he sticks around next season as well. 

thats what I can see too...

56 minutes ago, voodoochylde said:

Aren't you cute.

Two plays back to back with our heavy set on the Hamilton 2 yard line .. 55 minute mark .. and please don't try to tell me we weren't trying to punch it in right from the get go or that short yardage means that we're only trying to pick up a single yard or some nonsense like that.  Let's not be disingenuous.  The offense and Pigrome failed to convert on back to back plays and Pigrome never saw the field again in short yardage situations.

…and this is the reason for my original post. 

11 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Johnson. Mitchell I mean. There’s a spot for Sheed and lucky and Kenny this year. If Woli hurt we could in reality start 4 American receivers 

Kenny lucky Bailey Wilson demski. 

pretty simple 

I agree.

If we are really looking to try and salvage this season and make a push for the playoffs, there's a spot for Bailey.  Both of the guys you listed have shown nothing.  Contributed nothing.  If we are looking forward to next year, then I can see the organization passing on Bailey with the idea that they are going to try and bring these guys along. 

It's pretty clear, this team misses a guy like Bailey who has a bit of juice (energy, fire, compete, hunger .. whatever you want to call it).

1 minute ago, voodoochylde said:

I agree.

If we are really looking to try and salvage this season and make a push for the playoffs, there's a spot for Bailey.  Both of the guys you listed have shown nothing.  Contributed nothing.  If we are looking forward to next year, then I can see the organization passing on Bailey with the idea that they are going to try and bring these along. 

It's pretty clear, this team misses a guy like Bailey who has a bit of juice (energy, fire, compete, hunger .. whatever you want to call it).

They definitely miss him. He was a tremendous downfield blocker also. 

that receiving group with Clercius backing up would be solid. 

Edited by Goalie

Just now, voodoochylde said:

I agree.

If we are really looking to try and salvage this season and make a push for the playoffs, there's a spot for Bailey.  Both of the guys you listed have shown nothing.  Contributed nothing.  If we are looking forward to next year, then I can see the organization passing on Bailey with the idea that they are going to try and bring these along. 

and we still have Alston on PR who has showed nothing running 2 yrs now...and even Murphy...who has been vaulted by Clercius....poor PR use right now

and 2 extra DB's....when we didnt have a viable LB to cover for loss of Cole and Wilson...again....like wtf we doing with our PR? We essentially had 10 DB's on the last game day roster...11 if you include Kramdi....more than enough room to throw Lawler..Bailey..Lucky..Demski, Woli and Wilson as your main 6 guys...With Clercius as a back-up

we could go Bryant...Eli at center...some stud import guard...the best of Wallace/Dobson at other....Keep Lofton and if we start Woli/Demski/BO as well then we only need Ford as a "starter", and a guy on every down rotating at either SAM...or on Dline...Heck even give Kramdi some safety reps...or morph him into a safety....easily doable

We dont have to be running out sets with 2 National dlineman...and Kramdi...and Ford.....and sometimes 3 national Dlineman....That whole way we been doing things is pointless....dumb....and sacrifices talent and an aggressive defense for......man I dont even know what for other than an Osh preference