Blue Bombers - 2024 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

We could actually start five American OL without changing the ratio.

Demski, Woli, Oliveira, Clercius, Ford, Kramdi, and Thomas would still be our starting 7 Canadians and Stanley Bryant, Willie Jefferson, Bighill, or BA could all count as the 8th (nationalized American).

Not that we even have 5 American OL in house... Just saying it's possible.

1 hour ago, Atomic said:

We could actually start five American OL without changing the ratio.

Demski, Woli, Oliveira, Clercius, Ford, Kramdi, and Thomas would still be our starting 7 Canadians and Stanley Bryant, Willie Jefferson, Bighill, or BA could all count as the 8th (nationalized American).

Not that we even have 5 American OL in house... Just saying it's possible.

No need to start 5 American Olinemen.  Wallace and Eli should be given chances first.  Wallace is the future at RG and should replace Neufeld this season.

1 hour ago, Booch said:

we could go Bryant...Eli at center...some stud import guard...the best of Wallace/Dobson at other....Keep Lofton and if we start Woli/Demski/BO as well then we only need Ford as a "starter", and a guy on every down rotating at either SAM...or on Dline...Heck even give Kramdi some safety reps...or morph him into a safety....easily doable

We dont have to be running out sets with 2 National dlineman...and Kramdi...and Ford.....and sometimes 3 national Dlineman....That whole way we been doing things is pointless....dumb....and sacrifices talent and an aggressive defense for......man I dont even know what for other than an Osh preference

Kramdi is fine at SAM.  He proved you wrong last game.

Just now, CrazyCanuck89 said:

No need to start 5 American Olinemen.  Wallace and Eli should be given chances first.  Wallace is the future at RG and should replace Neufeld this season.

It could only help Wallace in his growth and give Neufeld some rest so "if" by some chance we make the play offs he will be more healthy to play. 

2 minutes ago, CrazyCanuck89 said:

I would sit Neufeld in the playoffs, for the younger Wallace.

I guess I should of said in case Neufeld needs to step in for a struggling Wallace...  

1 hour ago, CrazyCanuck89 said:

One great game doesn't make a career or justify the use...he has had more sub par and poor games than great ones...now if that was the norm...sure...but it isn't...and I bet we dont see another game like that again but will see many of what we have seen up to that point

1 minute ago, Booch said:

One great game doesn't make a career or justify the use...he has had more sub par and poor games than great ones...now if that was the norm...sure...but it isn't...and I bet we dont see another game like that again but will see many of what we have seen up to that point

He is nowhere near as bad as you think. 

Allstars? Nope. As a 7th starting Canadian fine. Problem is we have about 3 or 4 7th starting Canadians.

4 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

He is nowhere near as bad as you think. 

Allstars? Nope. As a 7th starting Canadian fine. Problem is we have about 3 or 4 7th starting Canadians.

yeah...if we needed a 7th...and it was the only option...sure....but we dont need him as the 7th...we can do better there....choose not too...and pay a baffling amount for him....whereas that money would/could have been used elsewhere

Pick a team in the league that would say I wish we had Kramdi in at SAM for us over who we have.....good luck

I'll go even further....show mer a team that would use/take Thomas over whomever else they use for 80 percent of snaps in a game....who would swap Kolo for their center one for one.....I can't see any team taking our punter over who they have. 

Who would swap Biggie for their MLB.....Maybe one team would take BA over their guy....Who would scoop Case...Mitchel...Johnson off the scrap heap and start them....

There a reason we are sitting at 2-5...and lucky to be at that record to be honest....

Edited by Booch

But you need 7 Canadian starters and we don’t have anyone better than kramdi who can take a spot. He’s not our worst Canadian starter that’s for sure. You can’t just replace Canadian starters with Americans. The ratio is a thing. You know who gets burned more than kramdi? Ford Thomas neufeld kolo 

Edited by Goalie

10 minutes ago, Colin Unger said:

Let's face it. We're wasting our time worrying about the defensive starters at this point. We need to fix the offence and fast. 

That does a disservice. We can talk about both. The defense is playing pretty good but it could be better if they shore up the middle of the D. Would take some pressure off the offense if they get better. 

10 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

That does a disservice. We can talk about both. The defense is playing pretty good but it could be better if they shore up the middle of the D. Would take some pressure off the offense if they get better. 

I want the freedom to complain about ALL areas of this team. 

8 minutes ago, JCon said:

I want the freedom to complain about ALL areas of this team. 

Its about priorities even if we were 6 and 2, we would find things to complain about but its the offence thats costing us games and needs to be addressed more agressively

34 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

The D has been solid but we could really is some more big plays and turn overs from them. 

2 hours ago, CrazyCanuck89 said:

Granted, Kramdi played well last game especially in the first half. However, he has not been fine at that position in the previous games.