Blue Bombers - 2024 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

Let's put it this way... I'd use less Canadians on the Dl and Ol before I took Kramdi out.

oh dont get me wrong...I agree.....Thomas and Kolo need to evaporate sooner than later...but we are also in this position due to negligence and neglect re: our roster and player assessment

We would be no worse...and likely much better off with Dobson/Eli/Wallace....Demskii...BO and Woli....with Clercius in Johnson's spot, and roster Murphy and Sign Bailey who can be Nationlized due to injury to one of Woli/Demski/Clercius in game and dress Murphy in lieu of Thomas as additional National WR depth......And have no need for any Canadian "starter" on defense save for Ford...who is a legit talent....don't even have to declare him as a designated national spot on defense so if he does get hurt you can replace him with any import......and then you could allow Kramdi to be what he is...a good rotational piece...spot starter due to injury, or move him around on the defense in different spots... safety...SAM... and on certain sets and schemes.

That right there alone just with who we have in house would make us a better team...way more versatile...

25 minutes ago, Brandon said:

ESc5VWA.png

Confirmed Bighill is no longer an issue on D as per Facebook and the comments below that post.  

Personally I think he’s cooked but he’s not as cooked as BA and Thomas. I dunno. Maybe Tony Jones makes biggie more effective. Who knows. The run game isn’t just on bighill. Still think there’s no future there tho. 

Edited by Goalie

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

That does a disservice. We can talk about both. The defense is playing pretty good but it could be better if they shore up the middle of the D. Would take some pressure off the offense if they get better. 

all things considered other than some bad gaffs....some questionable personell...they have been good....now imagine if we optimized our roster with who we actually have here right now....they would be damn good...thats the whole discussion...complaining...rehashing of things over and over....it doesn't have to be the way it is....and on offence too.....but stubborness usually gets you canned...or fail....we see the fail...bring on the can

32 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

Edmonton has been telling themselves that for 3 seasons.

exactly....if you cant admit or see we were lucky...and even lucky last 2 seasons in some instances...then you not seeing the whole picture...gotta be good to be lucky.....when you not good...luck waves buh-bye more times than not, and then yhou have the "a break here or there and we could have won" scenario

14 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Per coaches show yesterday Lucky is going to get a hard look at this practice.  We'll never know...

based on the craptacular receiving work from some of the other guys...should he have not been getting a hard look already??...like wtf??

and I have no reason to believe or take anything from the injury reports as truthful or legit....Woli got a rib...hip/lower body injury....grabbed at it when he was hurt....came back and could barley run/move with any intent....but report says "shoulder".....I call bullshit on that...his movements and limitations when he tried to come back in no way showed a shoulder issue

7 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Personally I think he’s cooked but he’s not as cooked as BA and Thomas. I dunno. Maybe Tony Jones makes biggie more effective. Who knows. The run game isn’t just on bighill. Still think there’s no future there tho. 

This is a prime example of why stats, in isolation, are meaningless.  They don’t tell the story of how many tackles he’s outright missed .. how many times he’s been dragged for extra yardage or run over .. they don’t show the plays he should have made if he was a few steps faster.

I don’t think Bighill is the biggest issue on defense and you see that in some of the plays he makes, when he’s instinctual .. short yardage is a perfect example of this .. that said, anyone denying that his overall play has fallen off has their head in the sand.

He doesn’t have the range he used to.

He’s not as physical as he used to be.

He doesn’t shed blocks and flow like he could in years past.

He doesn’t react as quickly as he used to in pass coverage.

These things matter and it’s why we should be grooming the next guy while Biggie still has some utility.  I love Bighill and his leadership can’t be underestimated but time catches us all.

25 minutes ago, Booch said:

based on the craptacular receiving work from some of the other guys...should he have not been getting a hard look already??...like wtf??

and I have no reason to believe or take anything from the injury reports as truthful or legit....Woli got a rib...hip/lower body injury....grabbed at it when he was hurt....came back and could barley run/move with any intent....but report says "shoulder".....I call bullshit on that...his movements and limitations when he tried to come back in no way showed a shoulder issue

it was actually a "shoulder thorax"...

29 minutes ago, Booch said:

all things considered other than some bad gaffs....some questionable personell...they have been good....now imagine if we optimized our roster with who we actually have here right now....they would be damn good...thats the whole discussion...complaining...rehashing of things over and over....it doesn't have to be the way it is....and on offence too.....but stubborness usually gets you canned...or fail....we see the fail...bring on the can

Jones goes in and is sticking people, laying hits... bighill is getting run over... Jones a d Wilson as lbs plz and thanks. And let's see what ayers can do. Bighill has no future.

28 minutes ago, Booch said:

.Woli got a rib...hip/lower body injury....grabbed at it when he was hurt....came back and could barley run/move with any intent....but report says "shoulder".....I call bullshit on that...his movements and limitations when he tried to come back in no way showed a shoulder issue

Yeah to me looked like a shot to the ribs, maybe hip. Surprised it's not a thorax injury to be honest. 

8 minutes ago, WinnipegGordo said:

Transactions:

Whitehead moved to the active roster.

McGhee and Bridges back to the practice roster.

Maybe Jake Kelly on after injury with the two DBs going off.

Glad lucky is finally getting on. Too bad is likely for Woli instead of Johnson

1 hour ago, kelownabomberfan said:

it was actually a "shoulder thorax"...

I think it was his sacroilliac...he needs to learn how to let his backbone slide.....

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

Jones goes in and is sticking people, laying hits... bighill is getting run over... Jones a d Wilson as lbs plz and thanks. And let's see what ayers can do. Bighill has no future.

Yeah to me looked like a shot to the ribs, maybe hip. Surprised it's not a thorax injury to be honest. 

Yeah...why put two playmaker in together making plays and not being a speed bump...lol

36 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Looked like wolis first instinct was to grab his lower back 

Yup...no way its a "shoulder " injury

10 minutes ago, blue85gold said:

Maybe Jake Kelly on after injury with the two DBs going off.

Glad lucky is finally getting on. Too bad is likely for Woli instead of Johnson

I think Clercius takes Woli role if he not good to go...but that would make too much sense so Lucky prob gets on and stands on sidelines all game...in all seriousness tho I hope he is back for kick off returns tho...

2 minutes ago, Booch said:

I think it was his sacroilliac...he needs to learn how to let his backbone slide.....

Yeah...why put two playmaker in together making plays and not being a speed bump...lol

Yup...no way its a "shoulder " injury

I think Clercius takes Woli role if he not good to go...but that would make too much sense so Lucky prob gets on and stands on sidelines all game...in all seriousness tho I hope he is back for kick off returns tho...

Ya Clercius might move over to Woli’s spot, but he was already starting to Lucky takes Clercius spot. Still stuck with Johnson until Lawler returns. 

1 minute ago, blue85gold said:

Ya Clercius might move over to Woli’s spot, but he was already starting to Lucky takes Clercius spot. Still stuck with Johnson until Lawler returns. 

A Bailey sure would be nice...and he could drop right in...he's in game shape and knows our offence...he hasn't forgot his role from last 4 seasons...

If our passrush is suspect, our SAM is suspect and our safety is suspect.  I just don't know how we're ever getting the offense off the field. Opposing teams aren't stupid and keep in mind we haven't even played the two dumbest teams yet.

20 minutes ago, Booch said:

A Bailey sure would be nice...and he could drop right in...he's in game shape and knows our offence...he hasn't forgot his role from last 4 seasons...

I agree.  So we'll probably spend 3 weeks dealing with the paperwork and will have him acclimated and ready to play by the time we are eliminated from playoff contention.

25 minutes ago, Atomic said:

They'll have 17 days off after this game so that will be ample time to make changes... If they choose to do so

I think this is likely the time to make changes if they see fit. 

14 minutes ago, Colin Unger said:

If our passrush is suspect, our SAM is suspect and our safety is suspect.  I just don't know how we're ever getting the offense off the field. Opposing teams aren't stupid and keep in mind we haven't even played the two dumbest teams yet.

Now imagine this team with a better pass rush....

4 hours ago, Goalie said:

Jake is the most cooked, he was always a rotational guy. Ba and biggie were the best at their position in the league for several years. 
 Who’s more cooked between biggie and ba? Hard to say. Ba is brutal with his slack tackling and selling out for hits and failing miserably. But, he’s mostly able to keep the top on the D in the middle in pass plays. He makes decent decisions in deep over but can’t cover nearly as much ground as he used to. 
 Biggie similarly is better against the pass, but even at that he asset he’s just a stop gap. He too makes the right decisions but can’t get to spots to make plays. 

The last wheel could fall off ba any time, biggie I don’t think can or will get worse. S is a higher value spot than mlber. 

lucky was moved to the gdr, bridges and McGhee thank fully both back to the pr. Likely one more imp to come on. 

Taking Jake off goes a long way to fixing our line, the thing is to fix our pressure is a bigger issue. Short of finding an elite pass rusher off the edge to play across from wj it won’t get good easily. Wj coasts on soo many of his reps and cheats for knock downs. If his reps were cut down and he focused on pressure first a lot would improve quickly but that won’t happen. 

5 hours ago, Noeller said:

Rather than "lucky to be 2-6" I actually think we could just as easily be 6-2 with a few breaks going our way. We were good/deep enough to win those games in the past, and now we're just good enough to lose this year...

Take into account injuries which have been substantial and unfortunate this season compared to seasons past.

We'll have to see what happens with the release of the depth chart tomorrow.

While I have pretty much written off this season, nobody in their right mind could have predicted the injuries to key guys on this team.   I will not let  the Bomber brass off the hook though.  O'Shea not starting the starters in preseason was assinine.  We let go of guys like Bailey, Hardrick,  and Grant to pay Streveler to do what exactly?    And the refusal to play better players over the underperforming vets. The Canadian Mafia appeared to not really have a plan for this year.

This season was lost before the 1st regular season snap. 

My .02