Blue Bombers - 2024 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

12 hours ago, Fatty Liver said:

Both sides know Bailey won't be re-signed next season unless one of the five receivers with spots locked up is dealt away, which is a possibility.  If he's signed at all it's as temp. help till the end of the season, it's now a game of Walters negotiating "how low will you go to extend your football career?"

Season is ticking by & with it the playoffs. Now, Woli is injured & it's just another day at the office for the Bombers. No sense of urgency from our team. Next Man Up!! Even if they aren't good enough to play. 

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Season is ticking by & with it the playoffs. Now, Woli is injured & it's just another day at the office for the Bombers. No sense of urgency from our team. Next Man Up!! Even if they aren't good enough to play. 

Christ...first man up in about 5 spots is barely even worthy of being the next man up

This game marks the half way point of our season. 
 We have back to backs with B.C. ssk and edm. 
 If we split those series that makes us 5-9 with 4 games to go. 2 games vs ham 1 vs tor and Mtl. 
 So if we split the back to back and win out the rest of the way we make the play offs. Any thing less than that, short of Calgary losing out, would likely have us miss the play offs. 
 We also have all 3 byes and mos teams tend to struggle off a bye. 
 We also have 5 games left on the road where we haven’t won a game all year. All 3 of our bye weeks lead to road games as well. One of those bye week into road games is right in the middle of the last two games of the year which aren’t back to backs. 

We need to be stealing wins immediately. If we get swept in one of the home and away back to backs that all but mathematically ends our season. 

meanwhile we are burning weeks of opportunity to change over long in the tooth positions (c, qb, dt, mlb, s.) we can swap out maybe two of those in camp next year and expect to contend but not likely more than that. Not only does our season hang in the immediate balance, our shot at winning the ship at home next year does too. 

6 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

This game marks the half way point of our season. 
 We have back to backs with B.C. ssk and edm. 
 If we split those series that makes us 5-9 with 4 games to go. 2 games vs ham 1 vs tor and Mtl. 
 So if we split the back to back and win out the rest of the way we make the play offs. Any thing less than that, short of Calgary losing out, would likely have us miss the play offs. 
 We also have all 3 byes and mos teams tend to struggle off a bye. 
 We also have 5 games left on the road where we haven’t won a game all year. All 3 of our bye weeks lead to road games as well. One of those bye week into road games is right in the middle of the last two games of the year which aren’t back to backs. 

We need to be stealing wins immediately. If we get swept in one of the home and away back to backs that all but mathematically ends our season. 

meanwhile we are burning weeks of opportunity to change over long in the tooth positions (c, qb, dt, mlb, s.) we can swap out maybe two of those in camp next year and expect to contend but not likely more than that. Not only does our season hang in the immediate balance, our shot at winning the ship at home next year does too. 

I don't believe that this team is capable of doing what you suggest. We won't split with BC. we could split with Sask but we've dominated that team over the past 5 years that I think the pendulum has swung in their direction & they'll dominate us. I can't see this team winning more than 2 or 3 games. This is snowballing out of control but Walters & O'Shea don't seem to be concerned.

The.last 2 yrs especially of coaching/management ineptitude has put us so far behind the 8 ball this yr and if nothing changes fast we squarely behind it next yr too it's not even funny...and totally inexcusable from this apparent "flagship" coaching/culture team

7 minutes ago, Booch said:

The.last 2 yrs especially of coaching/management ineptitude has put us so far behind the 8 ball this yr and if nothing changes fast we squarely behind it next yr too it's not even funny...and totally inexcusable from this apparent "flagship" coaching/culture team

This is my main concern right now.  I know they can still make the playoffs, ect, sure. I can’t see it this season. 

They just had 2 gimme games against backup QBs to get back in the hunt and couldn’t get it done. 

If the only change coming is Lawler, I don’t see that alone as enough. 

Can’t see them beating BC once right now, let alone twice. Won’t win on Labour Day, maybe the Banjo Bowl. I don’t think this team beats Hamilton either right now. Christ, they’d be in tough against Edmonton. 

Delete all this if they use the bye week to revamp the offence and the middle of the D.  Until that happens it’s going to be more of the same crap. 

27 minutes ago, blue85gold said:

Two Cdns get hurt and we replace them with Americans because we were starting a million Cdns previously. Has Osh changed?

Just need Eli to start over Kolo and we may have a serviceable o-line. 

I don't know if they can now.  Doesn't Naturalized American have to be shown on the depth chart.  You must start 8 Canadians, in which the 8th could be a Naturalized American, but he's not declared on the depth like other teams.

Just now, CrazyCanuck89 said:

I don't know if they can now.  Doesn't Naturalized American have to be shown on the depth chart.  You must start 8 Canadians, in which the 8th could be a Naturalized American, but he's not declared on the depth like other teams.

more ineptness....

30 minutes ago, blue85gold said:

Two Cdns get hurt and we replace them with Americans because we were starting a million Cdns previously. Has Osh changed?

Just need Eli to start over Kolo and we may have a serviceable o-line. 

Good thing we have minimal depth....or we would see Canadians....and be even weaker thank christ....We start too many as it is who are sub par....bullett dodged

Just now, CrazyCanuck89 said:

They are still starting 8 Cdns. Demski, Clercius, Brady, Dobson, Kolo (or Eli), Ford, Kramdi, Thomas

25 minutes ago, CrazyCanuck89 said:

I thought it was 7

10 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

I thought it was 7

It's 8.

A Club must start at least eight Nationals, however one of these Nationals may be a Nationalized American.  Prior to the game, each Club must identify how many National starters will be playing on offence and defence and that number cannot be deviated from.

https://www.cfl.ca/game-rule-ratio

Kendall Randolph is a pretty interesting guy. Played for Alabama for 4 years but mostly as tight end and 6th OL. He made 2 starts at left guard in his senior season then went to camp with the Seahawks and got into 3 preseason games at Guard before being released. Seems like a high-ceiling guy but not a lot of experience, we'll see how he looks in prime time.

39 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Kendall Randolph is a pretty interesting guy. Played for Alabama for 4 years but mostly as tight end and 6th OL. He made 2 starts at left guard in his senior season then went to camp with the Seahawks and got into 3 preseason games at Guard before being released. Seems like a high-ceiling guy but not a lot of experience, we'll see how he looks in prime time.

He's athletic and has good movement...I think he will impress....I wish we would do some juggling at center....as just to "see" how it looks.....

59 minutes ago, Atomic said:

He can't be any worse than what we've been trotting out there so far this year (well .. I'm telling myself that at any rate).

A complete aside, I can't remember the last time we were absolutely decimated by injuries like this.  If we somehow manage to turn things around over the back half of the year it'll be a testament to this team's perseverance. 

1 minute ago, Booch said:

He's athletic and has good movement...I think he will impress....I wish we would do some juggling at center....as just to "see" how it looks.....

Well if someone gets hurt they'll change it, until then you're not allowed to make roster moves.

2 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Well if someone gets hurt they'll change it, until then you're not allowed to make roster moves.

yup....we run with guys until they no longer can run due to injury....not production...then we swap em out!

9 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I don't believe that this team is capable of doing what you suggest. We won't split with BC. we could split with Sask but we've dominated that team over the past 5 years that I think the pendulum has swung in their direction & they'll dominate us. I can't see this team winning more than 2 or 3 games. This is snowballing out of control but Walters & O'Shea don't seem to be concerned.

It’s a very tall order, and it is a huge ask for a team of to from stealing defeat from the mouth of victory to stealing wins. I can’t see us controlling our fate either tbh. 

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

Randolph ahead of Eli and Wallace is a choice...

Eli hasn’t been good at guard in his time here, aside from in the run game. Some guys just don’t excel at G, but do at c/t. Like hardrick. Plus we have the ratio ability to go imp. 

2 hours ago, BomberBall. said:

I’m guessing Randolph starting at G is so Wallace and Eli can stick with their sub packages and short yardage situations, which they are obviously familiar with.

Think you nailed it. 

59 minutes ago, Atomic said:

I like vanterpool as a guy who can project better as a T and his experience is far superior. But I’m happy they’ve finally realized neuf is toast and made a change. 

Overall it’s a much improved roster. Kelly listed as hb instead of S is strange. I’m glad he’s healthy and back on the roster. 

11 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

It’s a very tall order, and it is a huge ask for a team of to from stealing defeat from the mouth of victory to stealing wins. I can’t see us controlling our fate either tbh. 

Eli hasn’t been good at guard in his time here, aside from in the run game. Some guys just don’t excel at G, but do at c/t. Like hardrick. Plus we have the ratio ability to go imp. 

Think you nailed it. 

I like vanterpool as a guy who can project better as a T and his experience is far superior. But I’m happy they’ve finally realized neuf is toast and made a change. 

Overall it’s a much improved roster. Kelly listed as hb instead of S is strange. I’m glad he’s healthy and back on the roster. 

Did they realize that though?  I thought he was replaced due to injury.