Blue Bombers - 2024 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

4 minutes ago, Goalie said:

30k sold. Wonder if that’s because ppl aren’t giving up or if it’s because the 50 50 pot starts at 100k. 

Must be your first option, since the only negativity is on mbb. 😆

5 minutes ago, Goalie said:

30k sold. Wonder if that’s because ppl aren’t giving up or if it’s because the 50 50 pot starts at 100k. 

Bit of both haha. I’ve got family that goes and spend the whole game at the rum hut, 90% for the atmosphere drinks 50/50 etc. and that’s not a knock on them or the team. They’ve done an incredible job of building a cool area that young people love. One of my cousins has become a bomber fan entirely because of the rum hut party every home game. 

20 minutes ago, Noeller said:

It's going to be a gorgeous night... There's no better party anywhere in the city, and tickets are inexpensive.... Win or lose, there's no reason not to come to a Bombers home game. Especially when we only get 9 or 10 a year....

Maybe we as a fanbase should be more fickle, let the league bend over backwards to cater to the Bombers for a change. 

15 minutes ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

Maybe we as a fanbase should be more fickle, let the league bend over backwards to cater to the Bombers for a change. 

I'm not sure I follow what you're getting at here....

9 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I'm not sure I follow what you're getting at here....

The Bombers are a consistent draw win or lose (which is great for the club). I was being facetious I guess but what I meant was the league and TSN cater to teams where the fans stop going when they lose. 

Well can add 2 more. Decided what the heck, let’s go to the game. Taking my daughter. Should be fun. We are going on vacation leaving next Friday so why not enjoy the Winnipeg weather cuz who knows what stupid Florida gonna be like. Bombers haven’t  lost with my kid in attendance. Yes that’s only like 3 games but bodes well.  It’s kinda crazy that what I pay for 2 at PAS is basically what I pay for one with the Jets. 

Edited by Goalie

1 hour ago, Mark H. said:

Adding more imports to a struggling OL - makes the Canadians at other positions that much more valuable. ZC played decent last game - hope to see better pass pro going forward.

And I'd say it's about time. A good OL has been a hallmark of this management group. 

It’s also been the hallmark of Zach’s best (and most consistent) seasons.

It's good to see that the Bombers have got the number of "starting" Canadians down to the league minimum of eight. The D remains the same with three Canadians. The D has been playing surprisingly well of late so although I'm not a fan of Thomas or Kramdi (What the heck happened to Cole and why couldn't Bighill or Alexander be desinated as a Nationalized American?), I'm OK with it. On the O side of the ball, it will be interesting to see how the new American (Randolph) at RG works out. I'm also concerned about Kolankowski at C. (I wish that they'd give Eli a shot at that spot.) As for the receivers, I think that Clercius might become the new Wolatarsky and Whitehead, assuming he has lost too much speed, should help open things up downfield.  Fingers crossed that the O-line can offer Collaros a little more time in the pocket. I'm surprizingly optimistic about this game. Go Bombers Go!

31 minutes ago, Slimy Sculpin said:

It's good to see that the Bombers have got the number of "starting" Canadians down to the league minimum of eight. The D remains the same with three Canadians. The D has been playing surprisingly well of late so although I'm not a fan of Thomas or Kramdi (What the heck happened to Cole and why couldn't Bighill or Alexander be desinated as a Nationalized American?), I'm OK with it. On the O side of the ball, it will be interesting to see how the new American (Randolph) at RG works out. I'm also concerned about Kolankowski at C. (I wish that they'd give Eli a shot at that spot.) As for the receivers, I think that Clercius might become the new Wolatarsky and Whitehead, assuming he has lost too much speed, should help open things up downfield.  Fingers crossed that the O-line can offer Collaros a little more time in the pocket. I'm surprizingly optimistic about this game. Go Bombers Go!

Our pass D has been good, our run D has been gouged, our pass rush has been bad.  I don’t think they will do as well against bc the next two games. 

32 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Our pass D has been good, our run D has been gouged, our pass rush has been bad.  I don’t think they will do as well against bc the next two games. 

If the offense gets their **** together tomorrow I think we'll be okay... It'll at least be a close game. The one IN BC could get ugly....

3 hours ago, Goalie said:

I think Military Appreciation Night has something to do with it. Always a couple thousand extra that night. 

29 minutes ago, GCJenks said:

I think Military Appreciation Night has something to do with it. Always a couple thousand extra that night. 

My nephew who is a Lieutenant in the Canadian Military would be there tomorrow at the game as he is now based out of Shiloh but he just was ordered to go with his platoon to go help with disaster relief in Jasper.  So proud of that kid.

Edited by kelownabomberfan

5 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Age is a mother ******... that and not changing out the replacement level piece for one of the draft picks you made sure to hold onto throughout the years...

Yea but we also have not had a bad year and a high draft pick in a long time...looks like we change that this year unfortunately.

2 hours ago, Goalie said:

Well can add 2 more. Decided what the heck, let’s go to the game. Taking my daughter. Should be fun. We are going on vacation leaving next Friday so why not enjoy the Winnipeg weather cuz who knows what stupid Florida gonna be like. Bombers haven’t  lost with my kid in attendance. Yes that’s only like 3 games but bodes well.  It’s kinda crazy that what I pay for 2 at PAS is basically what I pay for one with the Jets. 

If you don't know what Florida is like in summer don't go, your body won't understand what's happening and it would take weeks to adapt.

3 hours ago, Noeller said:

If the offense gets their **** together tomorrow I think we'll be okay... It'll at least be a close game. The one IN BC could get ugly....

If we put up 30+ but I’m not holding my breath. 
 Bc has been killing us at home in the regular season the last few years. 

6 hours ago, Goalie said:

florida-ace.gif