Blue Bombers - 2024 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

5 hours ago, Fatty Liver said:

If you don't know what Florida is like in summer don't go, your body won't understand what's happening and it would take weeks to adapt.

I have to go. I’m going to a wedding. It will be fine. I’ve been before. Just first time with the kiddo so Disneyland is gonna be a thing and that’s what I’m not looking forward too lol. I’m not a big amusement park person but will suck it up for the kids entertainment 

2 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

florida-ace.gif

Yes I’ve been before. I’ve seen those guys up close. I don’t mind Florida. I’m just not a big fan of certain things I know I’ll be doing there lol. That’s all. Gotta suck it up tho. It ain’t about me 

1 hour ago, Goalie said:

I have to go. I’m going to a wedding. It will be fine. I’ve been before. Just first time with the kiddo so Disneyland is gonna be a thing and that’s what I’m not looking forward too lol. I’m not a big amusement park person but will suck it up for the kids entertainment 

Yes I’ve been before. I’ve seen those guys up close. I don’t mind Florida. I’m just not a big fan of certain things I know I’ll be doing there lol. That’s all. Gotta suck it up tho. It ain’t about me 

I've been to Florida as well. It's something to see them gators in the water when looking down on an overpass or cloverleaf. 

on a diff note...mid point of yr...who's our top rookie?...Offensive stats are always flashy so based on that you have to figure Wilson especially as he is on pace to get 1000 yards, but cant discount work of Woods....Adams...Bonds....Hubert...even Clercius and Wallace

If anything rolling into 2025 thats a pretty good infusion of new blood to lock down spots...Add to that Griffen who had a few games in Cgy...possibly Randolph now....another yr for MCI developing....continued growth with Garbutt...hopefully Haba, Ayers and suddenly if things go good the 2025 season will be just a few tweaks...maybe 1 to 2 big adds. 

If all goes well late into this yr, and we can get Wilson..Cole...Fox...somehow in the mix and everyone else stays healthy...I can see us making some noise...especially if we tinker a bit more with what we currently run out there

Edited by Booch

11 minutes ago, Booch said:

on a diff note...mid point of yr...who's our top rookie?...Offensive stats are always flashy so based on that you have to figure Wilson especially as he is on pace to get 1000 yards, but cant discount work of Woods....Adams...Bonds....Hubert...even Clercius and Wallace

Yeah it'll be Wilson unless he gets hurt or falls off a cliff.... too visible and too good an opportunity with the other top guys hurt to put up big numbers.

I'll create a coming out of absolutely nowhere to be an impactful rookie award to give to Hubert though. Throw away draft pick becomes a solid rotational piece. You love to see it.

1 hour ago, Booch said:

If anything rolling into 2025 thats a pretty good infusion of new blood to lock down spots...Add to that Griffen who had a few games in Cgy...possibly Randolph now....another yr for MCI developing....continued growth with Garbutt...hopefully Haba, Ayers and suddenly if things go good the 2025 season will be just a few tweaks...maybe 1 to 2 big adds. 

If all goes well late into this yr, and we can get Wilson..Cole...Fox...somehow in the mix and everyone else stays healthy...I can see us making some noise...especially if we tinker a bit more with what we currently run out there

Iirc bonds doesn’t count as he played pro ball already. Woods doesn’t have the stats but has had the impact. Adams would get the nod over him on D for sure. Idk about Randolph, played pre season and sat on the pr iirc. 
 Wilson is for sure on track to get it. Bonds has been better imo but doesn’t count and not many would give him the nod. 

I watched the game today as I was there last night and since I’m on vacation for 2 more weeks, why not. I didn’t notice this at the game, I guess D Adams took a misconduct penalty and Osh after Adam’s was back on the bench seriously bolted in his direction. Looked pissed AF 

also thought Wilson actually made the catch like the entire stadium did and record books say he did but 100 percent he trapped it. It’s history now but bc didn’t challenge so.. it stands. 

2 hours ago, Goalie said:

I watched the game today as I was there last night and since I’m on vacation for 2 more weeks, why not. I didn’t notice this at the game, I guess D Adams took a misconduct penalty and Osh after Adam’s was back on the bench seriously bolted in his direction. Looked pissed AF 

also thought Wilson actually made the catch like the entire stadium did and record books say he did but 100 percent he trapped it. It’s history now but bc didn’t challenge so.. it stands. 

Ya I don't know how that catch wasn't challenged. Campbell is a moron.

15 hours ago, Booch said:

Randolph looked like he fit in pretty well on the OL. But we know O'Shea's MO. No matter how well Randolph played, Neufeld will get his starting spot back. TRhat's why we may have some promising players but when they all come back, the promising rooks will be on the PR or cut. 

13 hours ago, Goalie said:

Wilson Clercius or Hubert. Hubert being an 8th rd pick makes him the most surprising but if I had to pick. 3 of the last 4 games he’s been over 100 yards so I’m going Wilson. 

I can see Wilson just getting better & better as the season progresses. When Lawler is back we'll have those 2 guys as bookends on the deep routes. 

17 minutes ago, MrFreakzilla said:

Realistically Wilson is and has been our #1 receiver. With Lawler coming back soon that will probably change. But he is easily our best rookie. Also helps that Zach built up trust in him quickly.

Yeah...he will be a nice piece along with Lawler...I think he really trusts Clercius too which is good...and the fact now he will use BO like Harris was used for us on the dumps and check downs...is really gonna open stuff up in the intermediate and deeper areas...especially with Lucky lurking around underneath 

On 2024-08-02 at 4:01 PM, Booch said:

Don't forget Lawson being back.

2 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

Don't forget Lawson being back.

I’m hopeful he can come back and regain his former level of play. Hard to say if he misses a year. But even then at 85% he’d still be a big upgrade and we don’t need him to play a crazy amount of reps between 30/40 fronts, with woods fox and adams as well 

Barring something majorly changing Wilson will end up our ROY. Doesn't mean that there isn't a long list of honorable mentions.   Might very well be that Wilson gains serious traction for being the league's top rookie.

Defensive player of the year - Ford

Top Canadian - BO

MOP - BO/Wilson

Special Teams: Castillo

Edited by Colin Unger