Blue Bombers - 2024 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

2 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Neither Global is taking a spot from someone else.  They couldn't cut them and replace them with Americans or Canadians.  They'd just have a 10 man PR.   If you have 11, 1 has to be Global.  If you have 12, 2 have to be Global.  So it's kind of an overstatement to have any concern about it.

And we have 9. 

2 minutes ago, JCon said:

So, Bighill misses the preseason, gets a couple of practices in and will be ready for Thursday? This will go well, I'm certain of it.

Why is MOS so committed to these Americans? ;) 

Veterans. 

15 minutes ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

Well gents, after reflection and watching highlights of the other games…we could be f*cked. At least for the first part of the season. 

I’d hate to agree with the statement, but….

23 minutes ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

Well gents, after reflection and watching highlights of the other games…we could be f*cked. At least for the first part of the season. 

Are we in the 'Next year is our year' phase already? 🙂

The only solace that I take from this is that it's not how you start a season but how you finish it.  I'd rather us limp out of the gate and be healthy down the home stretch.

The thing that concerns me is the lack of drive and hunger.  It's a team that looks "fat and lazy" right now.

31 minutes ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

You could be right.....Every other team showed more than we did, although it wouldn't have taken much considering the putrid effort we put forth in game uno......I hope it was a one off but considering the injuries we have suffered lately, this could continue....It was sad watching Grant and Bailey performing for the argo's....Not spectacular but they were still doing their thing...........

I’m not giving up on these guys like Mitchell as options at KR.

let’s be fair about it, we just spent the whole week saying the team looked unprepared and like they were not ready to play. Mitchell is the exception, he just stinks? 

15 minutes ago, Stickem said:

You could be right.....Every other team showed more than we did, although it wouldn't have taken much considering the putrid effort we put forth in game uno......I hope it was a one off but considering the injuries we have suffered lately, this could continue....It was sad watching Grant and Bailey performing for the argo's....Not spectacular but they were still doing their thing...........

I also

think how we played was a reflection of our preparation vs talent. The decision to not play vets in preseason left them rusty and not able to execute as needed. Of all the qbs Zac had the most issues which I don't see continuing.The Ottawa game will be a better indicator.

Edited by Pete

2 minutes ago, Pete said:

I think how we played was a reflection of our preparation vs talent. The decision to not play vets in preseason left them rusty and not able to execute as needed. The Ottawa game will be a better indicator.

I don’t buy this. Zach looked like a rookie. I don’t think playing 5 minutes a week earlier would have mattered at all. I’d buy it if Zach was a fresh faced rookie but he’s not. 

Edited by Goalie

56 minutes ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

I would be surprised if we aren't buried in the power rankings this week. We looked the worst out of any team, and it wasn't close.

Not to say it will last, but it really shows how "not ready" we were to play.

Edited by Super Duper Negatron

2 minutes ago, Goalie said:

I don’t buy this. Zach looked like a rookie. I don’t think playing 5 minutes a week earlier would have mattered at all. I’d buy it if Zach was a fresh faced rookie but he’s not. 

Maybe so,but sometimes it takes an aged vet longer to get into game shape/mentality.

Just now, Pete said:

Maybe so,but sometimes it takes an aged vet longer to get into game shape/mentality.

NFL don’t play the vet QBs much in pre season. Doesn’t seem to effect any of them