Blue Bombers - 2024 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

38 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Wonder if we see a reshuffle of the pr coming soon. With lawler getting healthy and lucky taking a spot doesn’t make sense to keep Alston around. Imagine Johnson to the pr and Alston goes home. Mitchell could be sent out for an nfl cut too.
 doesn’t make sense to keep grimes mcghee and bridges all around when we are using Kelly at half, rostering karamoko, and are dressing griffin as a back up/dime and he’s been killing it. I could see two of them sent packing for nfl cuts. 
 Smith and case are pretty interchangeable, though I’d rather have a di who could play rb than wr. I could see him sent packing for an nfl cut too. 

I could see us being in the market for a de if habba isn’t going to be ready soon. A wil/sam/s tweener like Cole to replace him if he won’t be back this year would be good. A 4th qb audition for camp wouldn’t be a surprise. A punter would be really fantastic but probably won’t happen till the off season. 

Woe fella, do you think Walters stumbled upon a pot of money out walking the streets of Winnipeg?

5 hours ago, Fatty Liver said:

Woe fella, do you think Walters stumbled upon a pot of money out walking the streets of Winnipeg?

You replacing PR guys for PR guys...or adding a diff entry level contract to roster in lieu of an existing...the cost is the same...and could be cheaper if u dump a vet for a first yr guy...don't need gobs of money for PR shuffling

7 hours ago, wbbfan said:

I could see us being in the market for a de if habba isn’t going to be ready soon. A wil/sam/s tweener like Cole to replace him if he won’t be back this year would be good. A 4th qb audition for camp wouldn’t be a surprise. A punter would be really fantastic but probably won’t happen till the off season. 

They moved Haba to the single game injury list at the end of July instead of re-upping him on the 6 game list so hopefully that's a sign he'll be back sooner rather than later.

There's a chance Habba can be inserted this week, giving us 8 DL in the lineup. I'm thinking Ayers who was injured last game will come off. 

Ideally, you want a LB to replace Ayers but we dont have healthy Amer LB on the PR. I think that' the priority that Walters need to fill with the NFL cuts..

1 hour ago, bigg jay said:

They moved Haba to the single game injury list at the end of July instead of re-upping him on the 6 game list so hopefully that's a sign he'll be back sooner rather than later.

Maybe, but I thought CFL teams could now move guys to the 6 retroactively? I could be wrong on that.

5 minutes ago, Dirty30 said:

Any chance they use some of his money to try and get Austin Mack?

Bombers cant sign Mack. Als still has his rights until 2025. If they sign back Mack, Als receiving is scary with - Philpot, Mack, Rambo as their top 3. 

Edited by M.O.A.B.

3 hours ago, bigg jay said:

Yeah, be nice if he was back soon. But he might need time to get in shape too. 
 I hope when he goes on (or another imp de) its as a di and doesn’t bring off another imp dl. 

5 hours ago, Booch said:

You replacing PR guys for PR guys...or adding a diff entry level contract to roster in lieu of an existing...the cost is the same...and could be cheaper if u dump a vet for a first yr guy...don't need gobs of money for PR shuffling

Nailed it. Plus we’ve got some 6 game money for air lifts to the pr. I don’t see us using that money to actually improve. 

35 minutes ago, Dirty30 said:

Any chance they use some of his money to try and get Austin Mack?

There isn't much money savings on Schoen. He had a significant portion of his contract as a signing bonus and personal service to the  club exemption.

35 minutes ago, M.O.A.B. said:

Bombers cant sign Mack. Als still has his rights until 2025. If they sign back Mack, Als receiving is scary with - Philpot, Mack, Rambo as their top 3. 

Not only that but they get Mack back for rookie salary.

16 hours ago, WinnipegGordo said:

So on the Coach's show, O'Shea said the league told him tha the Toronto interception that he challenged should have been called as DPI.

He also said the league will be calling delay of game penalties against teams that call a time out when they dont have one. If they called that against the Argos then the Bombers probably would have won.

I know we would never know for certain (if we would have won) but these sorts of admissions piss me off so much.  

In a season where we've not made things easy on ourselves, it shouldn't be made worse by the league actively working against us (through sheer incompetence)

37 minutes ago, M.O.A.B. said:

Is there something in the CBA about holding the rights of an American player? I thought you had to release them if they signed in the NFL.

Just now, Jpan85 said:

Very nice. Lawler and even Wheatfall will certainly help our receiving corps.

Just now, BBlink said:

Is there something in the CBA about holding the rights of an American player? I thought you had to release them if they signed in the NFL.

All rookie contracts are for 2 years and all clubs retain the players rights for those 2 years.

3 minutes ago, BBlink said:

I would think there would be on the CBA. This is from the 3down article. 

Mack’s exclusive CFL rights belong to the Alouettes through February 2025.

10 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

All rookie contracts are for 2 years and all clubs retain the players rights for those 2 years.

So that's only if Mack comes back this year?.... if kicks around the NFL this season and comes back next year he'll be a FA?

12 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

I want to see more of Wheatfall he actually reminds me a lot of Lawler. Small sample size though of course. 

@DTonOB reporting Lawler is in for Lucky at practice. Guess that means Josh Johnson is somehow still in the lineup and I'd imagine Wheatfall would be next in line at that spot.

16 hours ago, WinnipegGordo said:

So on the Coach's show, O'Shea said the league told him tha the Toronto interception that he challenged should have been called as DPI.

He also said the league will be calling delay of game penalties against teams that call a time out when they dont have one. If they called that against the Argos then the Bombers probably would have won.

Just think that those calls could be the difference between home playoff game or not after 18 games and millions in revenue.

38 minutes ago, BBlink said:

Not really sure where Wheatfall fits. Guess he will be on the PR? Can't take Lucky out at this point.

Lawler for Johnson....Haba for Ayers, and Wheatfall for Case...Let Lucky return kicks....he averaged 30 yards per kickoff for us...28 and 23 yards per for Dallas....and returned punts in Dallas and B.C....we will be just fine with him back there...and you know he can bust one at any moment ...from any where....Case does not offer that....and Wheatfall would make a much better extra receiver on roster than another smurf like Case...this is how those 3 fit