Blue Bombers - 2024 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

4 hours ago, bigg jay said:

They moved Haba to the single game injury list at the end of July instead of re-upping him on the 6 game list so hopefully that's a sign he'll be back sooner rather than later.

When asked about this MOS said he still needs time and it was more a financial move than anything else....not sure how that works. But I'm not betting on habba being back anytime soon

Just now, Bigblue204 said:

When asked about this MOS said he still needs time and it was more a financial move than anything else....not sure how that works. But I'm not betting on habba being back anytime soon

wouldnt a financial move mean keeping him on the 6 tho....

8 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

That's what I thought lol.....though looks like I posted too soon. I see now that habba is indeed back!

I pretty sure he had meniscus work done...and thats usually 6...7 week till u back....he right in line with that....

4 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

I would guess if Haba comes on, Woods or Hubert come off. 

Need to take an American off the roster as far as I can see. Could be Ayers if they think they have enough on special teams but I don't think that would be a great move. To me it's Woods/Adams or nothing.

16 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

The financials part makes sense.  If a team has multiple guys extended on the six game (and they have missed 7 or more games), 2 of those guys can come off the list without a cap hit.  Any additional players pulled early, would have their salary count against the cap.

They haven't used one of those 2 exemptions yet (afaik) so leaving Lawler on the 6 game while moving Haba to the one game makes financial sense since they can pull Lawler off and won't get the cap hit.  Haba is much cheaper so his hit is manageable.

16 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

The financials part makes sense.  If a team has multiple guys extended on the six game (and they have missed 7 or more games), 2 of those guys can come off the list without a cap hit.  Any additional players pulled early, would have their salary count against the cap.

They haven't used one of those 2 exemptions yet (afaik) so leaving Lawler on the 6 game while moving Haba to the one game makes financial sense since they can pull Lawler off and won't get the cap hit.  Haba is much cheaper so his hit is manageable.

I dont think thats how it works. 

If someone was on the 6 game list for 7 games total then removed, their SMS hit would be 1 game.

The first 6 games would be exempt from the SMS.

Also, Lawler isnt going on the 6 game injured list for a 2nd time. He will be rostered or put on the one game list.

Edited by WinnipegGordo

Just now, WinnipegGordo said:

If someone was on the 6 game list for 7 games total then removed their SMS hit would be 1 game.

That sounds correct but some of these injury regulations are getting funky ...

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952bkgvtslglw6mbgvotg

1 minute ago, WinnipegGordo said:

If someone was on the 6 game list for 7 games total then removed their SMS hit would be 1 game.

Yeah, wasn't clear enough, as soon as they miss the original 6 games, the salary for those games do not count.  If they are extended on the six game list and then pulled early, the additional games (7-11) would count unless they are one of the 2 exceptions. Lawler has missed 8 games & was extended on the 6 game so they can use one exemption on him and not be on the hook for those 2 games.

Players added to the 6-game injured list have their salaries excluded from the salary cap for the duration they are on the list. Teams may remove two players who has been on the 6-game injured list for seven games or more without penalty. Teams may remove an unlimited number of players from the 6-game injured list before their 6-game period is completed. If they do so, the player's salary while on the injured list retroactively counts against the salary cap.

43 minutes ago, BBlink said:

Need to take an American off the roster as far as I can see. Could be Ayers if they think they have enough on special teams but I don't think that would be a great move. To me it's Woods/Adams or nothing.

woods or adams would be the stupidest move.....if they do include him...which would make us a way stronger defensive front with him taking reps from Hubert and Thomas....I would think Ayers is odd man out as he never gets defensive reps....and that in itself is also stupid...but we acclimated now to stupid roster stuff.

Missing Ayers on coverage wont sink us...Haba also has played teams....Kelly is back now too....which helps

I'm more worried that Osh will start Lawler...Good.....at expense of Lucky....bad.....and continue with Johnson...not as bad as it was but Lucky offers us that something different...Wilson and Johnson are basically the same player...Plus you effectively cut yourself off at the knees for a injury replacement with your returner....who is less than stellar as it is, and whoever would replace him....would be even lesser than stellar...unless you had a Whitehead on the roster in the 5th receiver slot

And if Osh continues the neeed to keep trotting Johnson out there, then make the chamge at returner...he's had more games than Smith now and made no improvement either.....so either swap those two out and you have a change of pace back who actually can catch....and has top tier speed.....or use Lucky there who has the same top tier speed....and the big key...is a vet....who knows his **** and knows the league...and knows the opposition

5 minutes ago, WinnipegGordo said:

Case and Adams went to the practice roster today.

Wanted to see if Case could break one.. Honestly I see both Smith and Case having the ability. But if it means keeping Lucky on the roster and playing the occasional offensive snap then that gives us a lot more punch to our roster.

I'm not a huge fan of Adams being demoted but I could see it coming. Haba provides more versatility and needs to be given the opportunity he was supposed to have at the start of the year.