Blue Bombers - 2024 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

1 hour ago, BBlink said:

Wanted to see if Case could break one.. Honestly I see both Smith and Case having the ability. But if it means keeping Lucky on the roster and playing the occasional offensive snap then that gives us a lot more punch to our roster.

I'm not a huge fan of Adams being demoted but I could see it coming. Haba provides more versatility and needs to be given the opportunity he was supposed to have at the start of the year.

Haba can play edge....maybe a bit inside but not effectievly....Adams can do both..and very well...and is key in the middle on the 30.....typical Osh stupidity....dude tied for team lead and second in league i sacks...gets constant pressure...and many pursuit tackles....so PR him...what  JOKE

But keep an LB on roster who takes zero snaps on defence....or next to zero...plays soley on teams.....super smart

1 hour ago, M.O.A.B. said:

So Haba comes in, probably rotates with Garbutt on the edge. Either one of them also rotates inside with Wood. 

I'm expecting Whitehead to get call in kick return. I would like him to start and spelled by Johnston whenever.

again...Osh penchant fo playing guys out of position...we have  a legit D tackle who can play all over,,,,park him for 2 guys who are purely edge guys...sure can put them in middle...are they the preferred guy tho...no

8 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

I don't get taking Adams off. Take a guy like Ayers off who doesn't get reps on D. Also what in the world has Josh Johnson done to stay on the roster?

exactly...as mentioned above

37 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Adams is a better player, and plays hard every down.  Haba is pretty meh and doesn’t finish many games.  Kind of surprised he’s still around.  We definitely could use an edge rusher but I remain skeptical he will be it.

we have an edge rusher...Garbutt...and Jefferson....now we have one DT worth a lick...Woods...Thomas and Schmeckle for lack of a better word truly suck when we have better...Osh is a literal joke...Cant wait till we move on from him

5 minutes ago, Blue In BC said:

Two Canadians added to PR today. Both from Winnipeg Rifles. Doesn't hurt but doesn't help exactly.

like they will have any impact whatsoever....ever...again..why?...I sure there some other free agent CFL guys we could have added...just because

If Winnipeg Rifles are our answer for depth and development...sorry but man we have a serious problem...and seriously brain dead brain trust

12 minutes ago, BBlink said:

Haba can play linebacker too and was playing such in 3-4 sets at the beginning of the season. Some of our best defending early in the season was coming from that approach

There was good defending early in the season?  Honestly, the last few weeks are the best we’ve played defensively.

Haba on the roster is subtraction by addition.

8 minutes ago, voodoochylde said:

There was good defending early in the season?  Honestly, the last few weeks are the best we’ve played defensively.

Last 3 weeks we have looked our best...was a culmination of less Thomas...more Adams or Wood flanked by WJ or Garbutt...or woods and wj and Garbutt 

Now we gonna get lotsa Thomas...and garuantee we gonna look totally different..and not in a good way...makes zero sense...

5 minutes ago, voodoochylde said:

Absolutely agree the last few weeks is the best we've played defensively by far. But if you think we didn't have moments of success early in the season then you're just putting blinders on. Haba gives us a different look that we haven't really been able to use for a while.

Like I said, I'm not a huge fan of taking Adams out (actually was one of the first people here to get excited about him) , but I can see why they might want to do it to get Haba in. Could be game planning as well. Having a different look for Rourke who is already going to make a big adjustment in a short amount of time. may be just what they are looking to do.

30 minutes ago, BBlink said:

Haba can play linebacker too and was playing such in 3-4 sets at the beginning of the season. Some of our best defending early in the season was coming from that approach

Huh?

He played rush end.  The only full game he played our D got toasted by Montreal.  In large part because we had SFA for a pass rush.

Edited by JuranBoldenRules

6 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Huh?

He played rush end.  The only full game he played our D got toasted by Montreal.  In large part because we had SFA for a pass rush.

They were lining him up quite often in the linebacker space IIRC. Even if often he was coming up to the line. Did I dream this? Could have sworn we were playing more 3-4 early in the season

Edited by BBlink

5 minutes ago, BBlink said:

They were lining him up quite often in the linebacker space IIRC. Even if often he was coming up to the line. Did I dream this? 

Karamoko and Cole split a lot of reps at WIL.  Wilson and Gauthier split reps in the middle.  Sometimes they had 3 of those guys on with Kramdi.  This was the Montreal game.

Bighill came back Week 2 and Gauthier has hardly played D since.  Karamoko still got some D reps in Ottawa and Haba was out pretty early in that one so Cole got a lot of reps because they only had one true end in Jefferson so they went almost exclusively 30 and 50 fronts.  That's when Wilson starting dropping down to the edge ineffectively.

I'd guess you're maybe confusing Haba with Cole/Karamoko since they all wear numbers in the 40's?

Edited by JuranBoldenRules

2 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Karamoko and Cole split a lot of reps at WIL.  Wilson and Gauthier split reps in the middle.  Sometimes they had 3 of those guys on with Kramdi.  This was the Montreal game.

Bighill came back Week 2 and Gauthier has hardly played D since.  Karamoko still got some D reps in Ottawa and Haba was out pretty early in that one so Cole got a lot of reps because they only had one true end in Jefferson so they went almost exclusively 30 and 50 fronts.  That's when Wilson starting dropping down to the edge ineffectively.

I'd guess you're maybe confusing Haba with Cole/Karamoko since they all wear numbers in the 40's?

Alright well let's go with that then 🤔😂

36 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Adams did take that misconduct penalty I believe last game and O'Shea did not look happy with him... Not saying it's related but.... 🤔

He ran into a guy by almost accident..wasn't a real bad play....but what about Kramala Kramdi...didn't effect his play time...I'd roster adams over him everytime...Adams by far been our best dline guy constantly all yr...I guess talent and ability doesn't get u anywhere in Oshlsnd

Just now, Mike said:

Adams off makes no sense and I hope it’s just … not a move we’re going to make 

Zero sense...I'd be pissed if I was him and say screw the PR..play me or set me free...I sure a team going places would snap him up in a heartbeat 

28 minutes ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

They have 2 solid American guys who can push the pocket from the middle and you sit one of them but keep Josh Johnson on the roster? That’s an extremely illogical move. I’d say foolish even. 

Not only that, Adams can play any position in a 30 or 40 front. He’s the most versatile piece in our front 6. 

17 minutes ago, Booch said:

Stupid?

Shades of Chris jones. They teased us with a semi competent line up last week and this week are gonna screw it up. 

Just now, BigBlue said:

possible Adams slightly nicked?

He’d go on the 1 game or be a scratch not the pr. 

Whoever said Haba was playing some 3-4 outside backer against Montreal is correct

I think the idea in bringing Haba back over Adams (who is a great player and should be on over Woods imo) is that Garbutt can also kick inside to DT.

I would hope to see a lot of 4 American rushing fronts now with Willie - Woods - Garbutt - Haba

Haba has the bend and burst to get underneath OTs and that's something we haven't had in some time. He probably also shouldn't be a full-time starter because I don't think he's great against the run and since Willie J isn't great there either, it is not ideal.

Now with Adams vs Woods. The team must like something about Woods better but I don't understand it. He's been the starter and gotten much more reps, yet Adams is the one who shows up on the stat sheet. I think this DL lineup with Woods to PR and Adams starting would be our best DL combination possible