Blue Bombers - 2024 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

5 hours ago, blue85gold said:

They need a back up receiver on the roster.  Too bad we're out of Cdn back up receivers now. 

I don't it was anything Adams did, they just wanted Haba on and they weren't going to take out Willie, Garbutt, or Woods, so Adams is the odd man out. I don't like it, but it is what it is. 

We aren’t actually, Murphy is back healthy on the pr. 

6 hours ago, blue85gold said:

They need a back up receiver on the roster.  Too bad we're out of Cdn back up receivers now. 

I don't it was anything Adams did, they just wanted Haba on and they weren't going to take out Willie, Garbutt, or Woods, so Adams is the odd man out. I don't like it, but it is what it is. 

They could bring Murphy on, switch out a Hallett or one of the ST backers.

I just don’t think Haba for Adams is worth it. Mind you I’ve never been a huge Haba fan. 

7 hours ago, blue85gold said:

Johnson is starting.

Whitehead is returning.

11 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Ahh didn't know he was back. Then ya I'd rather he come on as the back up receiver.

9 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Johnson is starting.

Whitehead is returning.

I know. The question was why can't we take out Johnson for Haba. 

30 minutes ago, blue85gold said:

Ahh didn't know he was back. Then ya I'd rather he come on as the back up receiver.

I know. The question was why can't we take out Johnson for Haba. 

cause we be Oshin' ....pretty much only reason...balancing out a roster even if it means it's against his personal bias....dont happen here save for major injures...and even then it's 50/50

And really...for the amount of ST only guys we dress...another galring issue...and fact we seem to refuse to use Ayers on defence, to if anything even find out if he worth even having...pulling him for Haba instead of our best all-around dlineman would make way more sense too....but when has "sense" been the driving force with roster here anyway the last 2 yrs?

Edited by Booch

13 hours ago, wbbfan said:

I think this makes the most sense... take off Johnson, Case, and Thomas (hahaha, I know that would never happen, but one can dream)... and replace them with Lawler, Murphy, and Haba

1 hour ago, voodoochylde said:

Better .. why not take Ayers off?  He's not going to see the field for defensive reps anyways.

Ayers seems like this year's Cole... I think we'll start to see him get defensive resp as the season moves along... and if that means we have Ayers and Cole as our primary LBs next year... that could work out

2 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Is ayers actually able to play? After he got the old El kabong last game I figured for sure he'd be out with a concussion for a while.

Injury report had him at full participant with a "head" injury. So I guess so. Looked bad though.

22 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Is ayers actually able to play? After he got the old El kabong last game I figured for sure he'd be out with a concussion for a while.

concussions are a weird animal... we've seen guys miss multiple weeks after taking a body shot... and other guys not miss a single snap after a direct shot to the head.... if the team is clearing him to play, I trust he's healthy.  

58 minutes ago, bearpants said:

I think this makes the most sense... take off Johnson, Case, and Thomas (hahaha, I know that would never happen, but one can dream)... and replace them with Lawler, Murphy, and Haba

Ayers seems like this year's Cole... I think we'll start to see him get defensive resp as the season moves along... and if that means we have Ayers and Cole as our primary LBs next year... that could work out

Tony Jones appears to have slipped into the lineup ahead of them both, don't hold your breath.

46 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

Tony Jones appears to have slipped into the lineup ahead of them both, don't hold your breath.

Cole is hurt... and Ayers is new to the CFL... no one is shocked that O'Shea would play a CFL vet over a rookie... Jones is a stop gap for this year

22 hours ago, Noeller said:

Not much from practice today but there is this...

As long as #8 isnt forcing the ball to him while he is bracketed to perfection...I hope we see Collaros remain on course in terms of what he has been doing these past few weeks. Take what's there, spread the ball out...don't lock on to one guy and force it to him.

16 minutes ago, BBlink said:

Murphy has made virtually zero contributions anytime he's had the chance. I wouldn't understand any move that results with him being on the roster

Johnson off for Murphy and Adams on with another ni or the second global off makes all the sense in the world, in that it makes us notably better. When exactly do you think he’s had chances to make contributions? 

6 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Johnson off for Murphy and Adams on with another ni or the second global off makes all the sense in the world, in that it makes us notably better. When exactly do you think he’s had chances to make contributions? 

He's had 3 games for us and not a single stat to show for it at a position that is all about stats. Given he's not a strong body I can't see him making much of an impact in blocking either. I just don't have a high opinion of Murphy based on what I've seen or heard so far; TC, limited opportunity or hearsay. I don't think he adds much as a receiver or ST player. But Id be happy to be wrong.

17 minutes ago, BBlink said:

He's had 3 games for us and not a single stat to show for it at a position that is all about stats. Given he's not a strong body I can't see him making much of an impact in blocking either. I just don't have a high opinion of Murphy based on what I've seen or heard so far; TC, limited opportunity or hearsay. I don't think he adds much as a receiver or ST player. But Id be happy to be wrong.

The point would be for him to come on as a back up so that an American like Adams can play and contribute. 

Johnson has show virtually nothing at receiver. 

2 minutes ago, blue85gold said:

The point would be for him to come on as a back up so that an American like Adams can play and contribute. 

and we have been known to roster guy...import or national in the past who didnt need to even take a helmet to sidelines with them let alone tie up their shoes....so not like it would be out of ordinary....anyway u look at it...adding Haba is damn good...at expense prob for our best dline guy all yr, and one who is most versatile is dumb rostering....even pulling Woods would have been dumb....

9 minutes ago, blue85gold said:

I don't disagree about Adams but it doesn't mean using Murphy doesn't have its implications. Are you wanting to start Murphy? Because as much flak as Johnson gets around here, it seems like they have plays being run just for him. Doubt they would do that with Murphy and he would be the "forgotten man"

2 minutes ago, BBlink said:

I don't disagree about Adams but it doesn't mean using Murphy doesn't have its implications. Are you wanting to start Murphy? Because as much flak as Johnson gets around here, it seems like they have plays being run just for him. Doubt they would do that with Murphy and he would be the "forgotten man"

he wouldnt have to start...its just bodies for bodies...Haba has to replace an import...and if we needed to start a Canadian reciever we continue with Clericius.....So Johnson off....Haba on....1 for 1....Or Haba for Ayers...

3 minutes ago, Booch said:

he wouldnt have to start...its just bodies for bodies...Haba has to replace an import...and if we needed to start a Canadian reciever we continue with Clericius.....So Johnson off....Haba on....1 for 1....Or Haba for Ayers...

Then you are having a Canadian return kicks or is Lucky pulling double duty? 

7 minutes ago, BBlink said:

Start Lucky and Murphy backs up. Lucky can return kicks and play receiver I'd bet.

3 minutes ago, BBlink said:

Then you are having a Canadian return kicks or is Lucky pulling double duty? 

I'm sure Lucky is gonna do returns and take reps on offence

4 minutes ago, blue85gold said:

Start Lucky and Murphy backs up. Lucky can return kicks and play receiver I'd bet.

even without Murphy I think thats the plan...Lucky has become the returner, and is the type of guy who has vet savvy and can be used in offence too