Blue Bombers - 2024 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

It was never a question that they need to use Lucky to some degree on offense. It's more about what's there when he's not in on offense. Our offense hasn't exactly been lighting it up and having a guy who IMO is the guy who comes in when all our other Canadian receivers are hurt isn't going to help.

Edited by BBlink

3 minutes ago, BomberBall. said:

For crying out loud…. No one is saying put Murphy in the lineup because he’s the best option.  It’s a way to keep Adams on the roster.  That’s it.  Adams should be playing.  Period.

Cool. Nobody is saying "you" think Murphy is the best option. But if Adams should be playing no matter what then maybe we should just be giving Haba another week to recover.

38 minutes ago, BBlink said:

Cool. Nobody is saying "you" think Murphy is the best option. But if Adams should be playing no matter what then maybe we should just be giving Haba another week to recover.

Haba or Ayers off makes the most sense. However, I do understand the logic of Younger in taking Adams off. You have a very mobile QB coming in with almost no practice. Contain him between the tackles and he will make mistakes. Rourke will be going sandlot a whole bunch, because it will take him that extra second, when he does taking escape routes away is our best way to minimize any potential impact he may have. A quick edge rusher will help the most in that regard.

Easy for me.  Move Haba on PR if you really want him or cut him.  Leave Adams on the roster.

Haba is a very borderline CFL player.  We should still be beating the bushes for edge help.  Adams and Woods have been quite impactful.  

Haba for Adams = weaker pass rush and weaker overall DL.  If you get injured every 2-3 games you play yes you can lose your job to injury.  That's happened to Haba.

1 hour ago, GCn20 said:

Haba or Ayers off makes the most sense. However, I do understand the logic of Younger in taking Adams off. You have a very mobile QB coming in with almost no practice. Contain him between the tackles and he will make mistakes. Rourke will be going sandlot a whole bunch, because it will take him that extra second, when he does taking escape routes away is our best way to minimize any potential impact he may have. A quick edge rusher will help the most in that regard.

And then he steps up and bombs it downfield because the pocket isn't being collapsed.

Edited by JuranBoldenRules

42 minutes ago, Pete Catan's Ghost said:

Why do I get the feeling that Johnson is going to be targeted in a meaningful way this game?

They have been trying hard to make Johnson happen for a few games now at least. Maybe he turns into something,  but so far he still looks like a rookie.

2 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Easy for me.  Move Haba on PR if you really want him or cut him.  Leave Adams on the roster.

Haba is a very borderline CFL player.  We should still be beating the bushes for edge help.  Adams and Woods have been quite impactful.  

Haba for Adams = weaker pass rush and weaker overall DL.  If you get injured every 2-3 games you play yes you can lose your job to injury.  That's happened to Haba.

And then he steps up and bombs it downfield because the pocket isn't being collapsed.

I see your point but I am guessing the Bombers feel pretty good about their odds in that scenario given Rourke's limited practice time.

Looks like Wheatfall was a full participant at practice today, could he be the answer to the Johnson concerns?

Edit: messed up the link so removed it. Searching for a better one. 

Edited by GCJenks

11 minutes ago, GCJenks said:

Looks like Wheatfall was a full participant at practice today, could he be the answer to the Johnson concerns?

Edit: messed up the link so removed it. Searching for a better one. 

I was going to say the same thing but it seems like the consensus is that it's how to keep Adams in.

6 hours ago, BBlink said:

He's had 3 games for us and not a single stat to show for it at a position that is all about stats. Given he's not a strong body I can't see him making much of an impact in blocking either. I just don't have a high opinion of Murphy based on what I've seen or heard so far; TC, limited opportunity or hearsay. I don't think he adds much as a receiver or ST player. But Id be happy to be wrong.

Back up ni wr is not a production spot lmao it’s the back end of the roster Canadian. Johnson has done little to nothing as a starter and di. It’s an easy improvement. 

2 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

Is that for the entire season or his career?

Same thing? lol. 

2 hours ago, 17to85 said:

They have been trying hard to make Johnson happen for a few games now at least. Maybe he turns into something,  but so far he still looks like a rookie.

Pretty much. Should be in camp next year not much else. 

Just now, wbbfan said:

Back up ni wr is not a production spot lmao it’s the back end of the roster Canadian. Johnson has done little to nothing as a starter and di. It’s an easy improvement. 

He was a starter in Calgary this year. Doesn't really matter though. He's shown nothing. And I've heard no reason from any reports or anything to suggest that he should be anywhere near starting. Even if you're a backup you should have some value (outside of a QB which holds a designated roster spot). If you think he should be taking starters reps in the offense to get Adams on, that is certainly your right to that opinion. I just don't think our offense would function well with him in.

32 minutes ago, BBlink said:

He was a starter in Calgary this year. Doesn't really matter though. He's shown nothing. And I've heard no reason from any reports or anything to suggest that he should be anywhere near starting. Even if you're a backup you should have some value (outside of a QB which holds a designated roster spot). If you think he should be taking starters reps in the offense to get Adams on, that is certainly your right to that opinion. I just don't think our offense would function well with him in.

Nobody had said he should start. We’re talking roster spots only. if you bring Murphy on as the backup receiver, then you can take Johnson off the roster and start Lucky and Lawler. Keep Adams on and take one of the CDN d-linemen off 

I have become quite disenchanted about the Bomber player moves which seem to be even worse than last season. If someone needs to be tasked to chase Rourke, we have Kramdi who is fast and tough. No reason to bring Haba on for that reason and demote Adams who has been a bright spot this year. 

2 minutes ago, Tracker said:

I have become quite disenchanted about the Bomber player moves which seem to be even worse than last season. If someone needs to be tasked to chase Rourke, we have Kramdi who is fast and tough. No reason to bring Haba on for that reason and demote Adams who has been a bright spot this year. 

Where do u get this kramdi is fast? He's not...

6 minutes ago, Booch said:

Where do u get this kramdi is fast? He's not...

He's not a lumbering D-lineman and I've seen him chase down a few people. In any case, Rourke is no speed demon and Kramdi ought to be fast enough.

2 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

I heard he also accosted and old woman in a Safeway parking lot.

Creep

3 minutes ago, Tracker said:

He's not a lumbering D-lineman and I've seen him chase down a few people. In any case, Rourke is no speed demon and Kramdi ought to be fast enough.

I would hope he faster than a dlineman...I've seen Woods and Adams chase down guys tho too...point I was making of all our dbs we have..he's at bottom in terms of speed..prob whiffs on tackles more than anyone other than BA too...tho BA last 3 games has looked pretty good..