Blue Bombers - 2024 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

2 hours ago, BBlink said:

He was a starter in Calgary this year. Doesn't really matter though. He's shown nothing. And I've heard no reason from any reports or anything to suggest that he should be anywhere near starting. Even if you're a backup you should have some value (outside of a QB which holds a designated roster spot). If you think he should be taking starters reps in the offense to get Adams on, that is certainly your right to that opinion. I just don't think our offense would function well with him in.

Last Canadian on the roster, that’s not a starter lol. 

12 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

On a positive note I’m excited to see Lawler back in the line up. The O had started moving the ball more efficiently, the line has given Zach more time in the pocket, and with that extra week of practise there’s no excuse not to see our best offensive game plan. 

I could be wrong but I thought there were no practices allowed in a bye-week. Players usually take the time for some R&R or go home for a short spell.

24 minutes ago, Slimy Sculpin said:

I could be wrong but I thought there were no practices allowed in a bye-week. Players usually take the time for some R&R or go home for a short spell.

True, but coaches can still plan, and it ended up being a longer week with the game being on Sunday. 

And you know a lot of guys are still thinking football and how to be better. 

53 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

Why would we need Adam’s when we can dress 15 ST linebackers. 

Or just not take Thomas off the field and watch him tippy toeing around behind the play...gasping for air...and doing his one move...engage a lineman in a bull rush...and not get off it

2 minutes ago, Mike said:

Thomas off instead of Adams when the ratio isn’t a factor is just blatant incompetence 

Back in the day game tape was reviewed with objectivity with bias held in check by your fellow peers but there seems to be be a whole lot of misguided rationalization in trotting JT out game in and game out.

Game tape does not lie.

41 minutes ago, Mike said:

Thomas off instead of Adams when the ratio isn’t a factor is just blatant incompetence 

We aren't dressing extra Canadians so the ratio is a factor if you want to make that switch directly.

Haba, Johnson, Karamoko are 3 guys we could easily live without.

Reading Tait's story on Haba was quite disheartening.  Sounds like a "give a good guy another opportunity" situation.  Guy just isn't very useful in comparison to other options.

I really don't know how Johnson stays on over Case, even just as a receiver.  Johnson is halfway through this season, has no idea how to navigate zones to make himself an option and gets force fed screen passes where he can get yards so long as there's no resistance from the D.  Case looks like a technician to me when he's got on the field in the games when guys have been injured.  That safety valve kind of guy we need without Wolitarsky or Bailey....the guy that can take advantage of the space the vertical threats like Lawler and Wilson, even Whitehead, open up.

1 hour ago, Mike said:

Yup...no excuse other than plain ol coaches bias..who adds more value...and who been our best dlineman all year...that right there should answer the question

28 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

We aren't dressing extra Canadians so the ratio is a factor if you want to make that switch directly.

Haba, Johnson, Karamoko are 3 guys we could easily live without.

Reading Tait's story on Haba was quite disheartening.  Sounds like a "give a good guy another opportunity" situation.  Guy just isn't very useful in comparison to other options.

I really don't know how Johnson stays on over Case, even just as a receiver.  Johnson is halfway through this season, has no idea how to navigate zones to make himself an option and gets force fed screen passes where he can get yards so long as there's no resistance from the D.  Case looks like a technician to me when he's got on the field in the games when guys have been injured.  That safety valve kind of guy we need without Wolitarsky or Bailey....the guy that can take advantage of the space the vertical threats like Lawler and Wilson, even Whitehead, open up.

Lucky effectively replaced Case...so you really don't need to roster Murphy...You can pull Thomas tho and add 2 of  Charbaneau..Murphy..Samson...and then Haba for Ayers...who plays no reps...Charbaneau can fill his role...and you have a interior rotation of Woods..Adams..Schmeck..Samson(if added) flanked by WJ..Garbutt..Haba and Hubert...how is that not considered?? 

Osh just likes to play his favorites...and it's blatantly obvious skill and usefulness doesn't factor into the equation too many times 

3 minutes ago, Booch said:

Yup...no excuse other than plain ol coaches bias..who adds more value...and who been our best dlineman all year...that right there should answer the question

Lucky effectively replaced Case...so you really don't need to roster Murphy...You can pull Thomas tho and add 2 of  Charbaneau..Murphy..Samson...and then Haba for Ayers...who plays no reps...Charbaneau can fill his role...and you have a interior rotation of Woods..Adams..Schmeck..Samson(if added) flanked by WJ..Garbutt..Haba and Hubert...how is that not considered?? 

Osh just likes to play his favorites...and it's blatantly obvious skill and usefulness doesn't factor into the equation too many times 

It feels MOS is just doing it to give a big fu to anyone who questions it. 

54 minutes ago, Booch said:

Murphy?  Not even a factor in this discussion IMO.  But I'm sure we could put him on for Johnson, have him play out at the field and dare the D to leave him uncovered.

Charbonneau is already on so in your scenario you're short one Canadian.  We're already down Feltmate who was a pretty big difference maker on teams, went from getting gashed the first couple weeks to what we have now....I don't think we play around too much with that unit when we don't have to.

The worst thing O'Shea has always done is waste American spots.  We've often had 1-2 guys who are backups who don't function on teams.  At least Johnson gets on the field.  We've had lots of receivers who stand on the sideline holding their helmet all night.

I've got no gripe with Ayers.  Solid player.  Special teams is 15% of the game here.  No issue with having guys who are backups and solid in that realm.

Haba needs to get some hurries and stay disciplined.  He's not the kind of difference maker that I'm making adjustments to the D for.  The rotation right now between different fronts is a huge strength for this group to keep guys off balance.  I hope they don't mess around too much.