Blue Bombers - 2024 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

1 hour ago, TBURGESS said:

Ferguson and Ford are the best IMO. 

they are a good combo I agree

Lapo as well workin with Ferguson is good....Also would be ideal for Neilson to keep him more focused on the football aspect....sure he can have his enthusiasm and goofy mannerisms...I don't really mind it....but if he with The Gargler Suitor...stuff just goes off the rails with nonsense and stupidity

As much as Rod Black got jabbed here...I'd prefer him as well...I bet hi and Lapo would be an interesting combo....I can deal with Blacks nicknames he gives

33 minutes ago, Booch said:

they are a good combo I agree

Lapo as well workin with Ferguson is good....Also would be ideal for Neilson to keep him more focused on the football aspect....sure he can have his enthusiasm and goofy mannerisms...I don't really mind it....but if he with The Gargler Suitor...stuff just goes off the rails with nonsense and stupidity

As much as Rod Black got jabbed here...I'd prefer him as well...I bet hi and Lapo would be an interesting combo....I can deal with Blacks nicknames he gives

2 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

Ferguson and Ford are the best IMO. 

I love what lapo brings to the booth, he’s a bit more loquacious than ford, who is also really enjoyable. Either of those combos and I un mute the tv turn off cjob. 
 I’d be down for a  show recounting the week with Ford, Paul and Dunk. Dream would be to have Sara orlesky host. 

Edited by wbbfan

6 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

I love what lapo brings to the booth, he’s a bit more loquacious than ford, who is also really enjoyable. Either of those combos and I un mute the tv turn off cjob. 
 I’d be down for a weekly show recounting the week with Ford, Paul and Dunk. Dream would be to have Sara orlesky host. 

I'd like to give some love to Matt Dunnigan as well. When he's on, he helps me get into the game. He has opened up about how concussions has impacted him and his family but it seems he truly just loves the game of football and it shows most times when he's on air, alcohol jokes aside.

8 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

I'd like to give some love to Matt Dunnigan as well. When he's on, he helps me get into the game. He has opened up about how concussions has impacted him and his family but it seems he truly just loves the game of football and it shows most times when he's on air, alcohol jokes aside.

He has an infectious enthusiasm that comes from a deep passion for the sport and the league. I love it, though he does need to be managed by a color guy or host he gets a bit crazy and yeah the punch drunk thing is real. 
 They usually put real media types like John liu (who is awesome) on the sideline. But I’d love to see a football guy in that spot giving more in depth updates on the game. Matty could let loose with his energy and not be over extended. 

12 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

he's my fav of all the color guys

TSN is doing pretty darn good with color guys right now.  Lapo, Matty, and Forde all bring good stuff to the table. I don't mind Suitor all that much, I think a lot of the criticisms of him are overblown, but he rarely says anything interesting nowadays and he really sells out for the game narrative, which is annoying.

I like the dynamic when they pair up a straight man with a goofball -- Rod Smith and Matty is a good one, or Neilson with Forde. 

I think Dustin could turn it down from 11 to about 8 or so, but occasionally an utterly ridiculous CFL game will need an utterly ridiculous call, and he's the man for that job.

It's a waste IMO to put Lapo on the sideline.  Dude needs to be on the panel or in the booth where he can be the professor, not the guy who's doing the fluffy thirty second spots from the sidelines.

Edited by johnzo

11 minutes ago, johnzo said:

TSN is doing pretty darn good with color guys right now.  Lapo, Matty, and Forde all bring good stuff to the table. I don't mind Suitor all that much, I think a lot of the criticisms of him are overblown, but he rarely says anything interesting nowadays and he really sells out for the game narrative, which is annoying.

I like the dynamic when they pair up a straight man with a goofball -- Rod Smith and Matty is a good one, or Neilson with Forde. 

I think Dustin could turn it down from 11 down to about 8 or so, but occasionally an utterly ridiculous CFL game will need an utterly ridiculous call, and he's the man for that job.

It's a waste IMO to put Lapo on the sideline.  Dude needs to be on the panel or in the booth where he can be the professor, not the guy who's doing the fluffy thirty second spots from the sidelines.

I'd like to see Lapo stay in the booth.  He actually has football insights and breaks down plays.  More substance than the fluff than you tend to see with the other color guys.

He will only get better with practice.  I don't think he is "super" comfortable in the role yet, but given time to settle in and find his pacing, I think he can be their best color commentator. 

Is it another bye week already? Beginning to wonder with the lack of actual chatter about the team, practice or anything like that. 
I’m off work this week and I need this place for the news I might get around the water cooler or radio. 

Have we heard anything about Demski or Oliveria? Both got knicked up in the game?

40 minutes ago, GCJenks said:

Is it another bye week already? Beginning to wonder with the lack of actual chatter about the team, practice or anything like that. 
I’m off work this week and I need this place for the news I might get around the water cooler or radio. 

Have we heard anything about Demski or Oliveria? Both got knicked up in the game?

The media is in permanent off season mode. As good as semi retired. No moves made no news to report though to be fair. They packed it in long ago though. 
Only news we are likely to get is tomorrow when the roster is announced. 

2 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

So should be Jones at MLB, Ayers at Wil but we likely see Gauthier at MLB because reasons.

Probably. Would love see what Ayers can do on D. He's been dynamite on teams.

20 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Bighill doubtful for Friday

No mention of Brady or Demski on the injury report so that's positive. 

This could be our best well rounded line up all yr...on both sides of the ball

If Woods and Adams continue to be beasts...and Ayers shows he is trusted on defence...and we string wins together...why change it?

I like Lucky in the return game..to bad they kicked away from him on the one kick off plus he adds the added something on offence we lacked...plays hard and now that Lawler is back..allowing Demski...to be Demski again...I can see some big gainers for him on offence...and garner a lot off attention and that's gonna really free up Wilson as the guy who will benefit from lack of defensive attention

41 minutes ago, blue85gold said:

Probably. Would love see what Ayers can do on D. He's been dynamite on teams.

No mention of Brady or Demski on the injury report so that's positive. 

Ayer’s was remarkable while on ST during one of the earlier home games. Tenacious hitting. Isnt he the guy that knocked out some opposing player during a punt then as he stood up fell over from being knocked out himself? 

Adams getting reps will be solid. He can be mean. 

1 hour ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Bighill doubtful for Friday

Unless the Velcro shoes arrive by game time. 

3 hours ago, Rich said:

He will only get better with practice.  I don't think he is "super" comfortable in the role yet, but given time to settle in and find his pacing, I think he can be their best color commentator. 

I think he's already my favorite. 

He brings more insight than any of their other commentators.  The only color guy who has a skill that Lapo lacks is Matty -- Matty's party uncle vibe is unique to him.  I'm happy to hear either of them on a broadcast but I think prefer Lapo.

Edited by johnzo