Blue Bombers - 2024 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

I'd say this our best ;lineup of the yr to date

Really excited to see what and how we utilize this dline....It's probably our best front since 2019.......I hope they go to town and make it impossible to not roster them again

Hope we see more Griffen too in varying sets...dudes been nothing but excellent all yr....total sleeper signing this off-season

7 minutes ago, Booch said:

Really excited to see what and how we utilize this dline....It's probably our best front since 2019.......I hope they go to town and make it impossible to not roster them again

Hope we see more Griffen too in varying sets...dudes been nothing but excellent all yr....total sleeper signing this off-season

Yes he's been great coming in as the extra DB.  Flying largely under the radar too. 

13 minutes ago, Booch said:

Positivity... a little praise... on roster release day?

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO THE REAL BOOCH!!!!!???

😆

Edited by Wanna-B-Fanboy

15 minutes ago, Booch said:

Only moderate thing (aside from the usual suspects) is still starting Johnson especially with wheatfall on the pr. 
 Other wise it’s pretty good. Only 2 really bad starters who shouldn’t be here now. 
I hope they don’t burry Adams but I think they might. 

2 minutes ago, BBlink said:

Was hoping to see why they are keeping Johnson on the roster. I'm not really the type to re-watch the entire game to see how they use him. Anybody have any insight? 

Just usual bad roster management. 

1 minute ago, BBlink said:

Was hoping to see why they are keeping Johnson on the roster. I'm not really the type to re-watch the entire game to see how they use him. Anybody have any insight? 

well....I did say in camp he looked to be the most polished and pro ready.....and has a good skill set....he definitely tho is not CFL ready...or wasn't...but is getting better....and we were so banged up, and for whatever reason delayed dropping Lucky in the lineup we basically had to play him...as Mitchell was just complete garbage....I dont even know why he still taking up a roster spot either 

2 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Only moderate thing (aside from the usual suspects) is still starting Johnson especially with wheatfall on the pr. 
 Other wise it’s pretty good. Only 2 really bad starters who shouldn’t be here now. 
I hope they don’t burry Adams but I think they might. 

Just usual bad roster management. 

yup...There a couple lil tweaks to make it ideal...but we getting there and cant really complain on this one

I wouldnt think they limit Adams role.....Hopefully Thomas role tho......and if Adam's gets Schmeck type reps...then ya...I dont care what others say about slagging a coach but someone on the staff is an absolute moron if you dont give your best overall dlineman 70% or more of the reps...especially if it is because you are playing your most useless one for 90% of snaps....

Johnson got in on some snaps last game but saw no targets, looks like they may be going with Johnson on running plays and short yardage while playing Lucky more in the passing game. I didn't count snaps or anything but definitely saw 84 out there a few times. He's not a big guy but probably offers a little more in terms of blocking than Lucky. I'm just speculating but it seems like that's why he is still in the lineup. And also why he may be more appropriate for that spot than Wheatfall, for example.

with Biggie now on the 6 game....do we leave him there the full six....especially if the next 2 games the defense just keeps doing it's thing?...Have him well rested and fresh come Playoffs and find a way to DI him...Or actually use the Nationalized roster perk?

Or....do that with Wilson....who would be a huge addition too

6 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Johnson got in on some snaps last game but saw no targets, looks like they may be going with Johnson on running plays and short yardage while playing Lucky more in the passing game. I didn't count snaps or anything but definitely saw 84 out there a few times. He's not a big guy but probably offers a little more in terms of blocking than Lucky. I'm just speculating but it seems like that's why he is still in the lineup. And also why he may be more appropriate for that spot than Wheatfall, for example.

Johnson subs out any time they go with the 6 OL max protect look or heavy run formation.

Still think Case is that gluey kind of slot they need.  If they had him and Whitehead on they'd be very complimentary to the receiving corps as a whole.

Johnson has demonstrated no rapport at all with QB's on gameday which is kind of important this era where there's a ton of choice routes.

Edited by JuranBoldenRules

7 minutes ago, Booch said:

with Biggie now on the 6 game....do we leave him there the full six....especially if the next 2 games the defense just keeps doing it's thing?...Have him well rested and fresh come Playoffs and find a way to DI him...Or actually use the Nationalized roster perk?

Or....do that with Wilson....who would be a huge addition too

Bombers lose. O'Shea rolls out Biggie's corpse for the rest of eternity.

3 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Johnson subs out any time they go with the 6 OL max protect look or heavy run formation.

Still think Case is that gluey kind of slot they need.  If they had him and Whitehead on they'd be very complimentary to the receiving corps as a whole.

Johnson has demonstrated no rapport at all with QB's on gameday which is kind of important this era where there's a ton of choice routes.

Interesting, I guess that makes sense, as someone has to come out to accommodate the extra OL. I did notice Johnson on the field specifically on the goal line play when Streveler plunged in.

24 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Are you Case? Lol....I kid...but not sure what you see with him...we have enough diminutive recievers and really he never showed any explosion or chance for explosion potential...and being a rookie we don't need that..we have Wilson..Clercius and Don't need a 3rd rookie as a 5th reciever especially when games become real critical

Lucky offers us just what we need...and he is as fast as he always been and is a legit threat to score from anywhere on the field from multiple different ways in getting the ball..and he knows the league..the game..and where the open spaces are...I don't see any of that with Case...

48 minutes ago, Booch said:

Or actually use the Nationalized roster perk?

I feel like Bighill is definitely the guy to do that with, if they finally concede to using it. Keeping him on a snap count and using him where he's still got it would be so beneficial. If they could have Jones or Wilson playing most of those reps with Bighill subbing in we'd be so much tighter in the LB core. 

As an aside, I want to shout out Clercius. I was disappointed to lose BOLO in the offseason but Clercius has been an improvement in that spot. Catching 80% of his targets and nearly at BOLO's season high in yardage. Granted he's getting more opportunities with the receiving corps being decimated but Clercius is making the most of them. I think he's got a future as a tough yards guy, converting second downs 

Feltmate was good on teams...but in the role of the FB...other than decent blocking offers zero as a threat to actually get the ball.

MCi oozes potential...size...4.4 speed...can't wait to see how they develop him....other teams utilize their FB wayyyy more than we do...would be nice to have that versatility too...especially with a true athlete..for what feltmate offers their u may as well use an extra olineman like we did with Gray a few times

17 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

They brought Feltmate in before MCI was injured, so I guess they deemed him unprepared for the FB role which seems odd.

Yeah. McI got up to speed much faster than I would’ve thought from early in the year. Guys a quick study. 
 Feltmate, mci, and 7 ol is a lot of roster value for blocking, but with banged up wrs and considering how much we use the heavy set plus mci/feltmate being valuable on teams too it’s not bad at all. 
 But with all that chunk on the roster we can’t be running 10-14 times. We’ve got to be putting up 20 carries bare minimum for Brady. Then we can weave in other stuff on top of that. More of that jet sweep to lucky etc. 

35 minutes ago, K-Shack said:

As an aside, I want to shout out Clercius. I was disappointed to lose BOLO in the offseason but Clercius has been an improvement in that spot. Catching 80% of his targets and nearly at BOLO's season high in yardage. Granted he's getting more opportunities with the receiving corps being decimated but Clercius is making the most of them. I think he's got a future as a tough yards guy, converting second downs 

For sure. The play where he just posts up in the middle at 7 or 8 yards is pretty deadly. He's a big guy for a DB or LB to get around to make a play to the ball.  

8 minutes ago, blue85gold said:

For sure. The play where he just posts up in the middle at 7 or 8 yards is pretty deadly. He's a big guy for a DB or LB to get around to make a play to the ball.  

They run him lots as that TE on the line which backs off the D a bit since the other receivers play side get a run at the line.  Then he just goes right up the seam, keeps going if no one over top or sits between zones if there is a deep middle cover.