Blue Bombers - 2024 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

11 hours ago, ddanger said:

We have the players to fill in for Biggie and there's no need to play him this week. If it's really a hamstring injury he's going to need some time, and this is exactly the week to give that to him.

A hamstring injury is often one of those nagging injuries that can become critical in an instant if not rehabbed properly. I kinda hope Biggie is off for a few games and gets transitioned to coaching.

4 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Well, you said you disliked him because he always works with Suitor. Like, he has a choice.

Perhaps I wasn't clear. As a former announcer it may be obvious to me but not others. When working in teams announcers sometimes take on attributes or characteristics of the people with whom they work. I think DN takes on irritating attributes of GS when they work together. I hope that clears things up.

10 hours ago, K-Shack said:

As an aside, I want to shout out Clercius. I was disappointed to lose BOLO in the offseason but Clercius has been an improvement in that spot. Catching 80% of his targets and nearly at BOLO's season high in yardage. Granted he's getting more opportunities with the receiving corps being decimated but Clercius is making the most of them. I think he's got a future as a tough yards guy, converting second downs 

Im enjoying this bit of depth were developing at receiver. Bailey not coming back shows we've got a good stable.

2 hours ago, Deiter Fan said:

Perhaps I wasn't clear. As a former announcer it may be obvious to me but not others. When working in teams announcers sometimes take on attributes or characteristics of the people with whom they work. I think DN takes on irritating attributes of GS when they work together. I hope that clears things up.

Yes, that makes sense as Nielsen is young as well as the New Kid on the block.

15 minutes ago, JCon said:

Ha! But, I think he meant the party at Trans Canada Brewing, not in Regina. 

If they did take it on the road, I would go. 

This. I mean what the **** else would my post have meant...?

19 hours ago, Tracker said:

A hamstring injury is often one of those nagging injuries that can become critical in an instant if not rehabbed properly. I kinda hope Biggie is off for a few games and gets transitioned to coaching.

I bumped into him at the Bomber store this morning. I asked how his leg was ( maybe I shouldn't have ) and said it's okay and he'd be back soon. A nice vague hockey-player type answer.

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

They're having a pretty cool party for the LDC as well. Pizza buffet and beer specials. Would give anything to be there for it.

I bought the Saskatchewan 12 pack and promptly sent a picture to a cousin in Saskatoon. Let the trash talking begin!

45 minutes ago, Noeller said:

This. I mean what the **** else would my post have meant...?

To be fair, I got excited for a moment thinking they might be traveling to the LDC. 

1 hour ago, ddanger said:

I bumped into him at the Bomber store this morning. I asked how his leg was ( maybe I shouldn't have ) and said it's okay and he'd be back soon. A nice vague hockey-player type answer.

Saw Wade at Nicollino’s during lunch today. With a sell out tonight, he was the happiest guy in the room. 
Enjoy that pizza WM, you deserve it!

4 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

Would there be any improvement if we had the head referee review the call instead of the CC? Allows them to use the same standard they have already been applying and maybe even adds the element of the referee wanting to correct their own mistakes?

That's how they used to do it right? When it was first implemented... and it sucked then too. The problems from my perspective are pretty straight forward.... the CFL made reviews subjective and it caused them to make bad calls, and now that it's become a problem for perception they are knee perking trying to fix things. 

Just get back to basics, making sure the correct call is made. 

4 hours ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

Would there be any improvement if we had the head referee review the call instead of the CC? Allows them to use the same standard they have already been applying and maybe even adds the element of the referee wanting to correct their own mistakes?

I would say have a panel for each game with 2 former players/coaches and 1 former referee.  Bring a group of 30-50 of these people together each year, train them up on the rulebook/current rules and changes, have a meeting each week.

They all make a decision and don't speak to each other.  They could all be on their own couch at home.

They have 1 minute to review and decide.  Majority rules.

Doesn't matter what call on the field is.  Their mandate is to make the right call based on what they see.

For procedural type stuff maintain a booth referee.