Blue Bombers - 2024 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

2 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

Good. I don't care what anyone says about his attitude, his prep (or lack thereof), what he did or didn't do before the Grey Cup in Montreal, etc. With apologies to Stegall, he is the single best player I ever saw live and was a reason alone for going to the stadium.  Congrats to Charlie!

8 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

Good. I don't care what anyone says about his attitude, his prep (or lack thereof), what he did or didn't do before the Grey Cup in Montreal, etc. With apologies to Stegall, he is the single best player I ever saw live and was a reason alone for going to the stadium.  Congrats to Charlie!

Robert’s was absolutely amazing. To put up 2000 all purpose yards during his prime the years we had a terrible o-line and guys like Tee Martin as QB was absolutely incredible. We’ve been blessed to have some great running backs in Winnipeg for the last 20 years but it all starts with Blink. One of those worth the price of admission kind of players. 

Edited by Arnold_Palmer

10 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

I don't think it's necessarily about criticizing him... but more the thought of "what could've been" had the guy given it his all off the field...  Agree fully though... in the mid-2000s, after the Khari era ended... Chuck and Milt were the only reason to attend games... and they never disappointed. 

1 hour ago, Atomic said:

I've never seen another player who could squeeze through a pile of 10 linemen and come flying out the other side quite like Roberts

Totally agree.  And he also took a lot of awkward looking hits, causing the crowd to gasp…. Then he’d just pop back up like nothing happened.

Can you imagine if he had Milt’s work ethic and lifestyle?  I can’t even wrap my head around how good he would have been.

2 hours ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

Just watching some highlights. Man, that rivalry we had with the Als was some of the most fun I have ever had at football games.

I remember being in the stands one game back at the old barn it was Winnipeg vs Montreal.   I don't remember the year.  Dave Donaldson had a huge game that day.  He picks off Calvillo in the end zone.   Then he makes a huge sack on Anthony Calvillo to ice the game for the Bombers.   The stadium was rocking that night and we took down the vaunted Als that night.   Such a great memory.

Many posters here have met Chuckie, I’d say. One thing that strikes you is he’s a chill kind of guy. If he was haulin on a smoke, drinking whiskey, eating cheese burgers, and in the front row with peelers, that is him. He likes it that way. Not particularly an overacheiver. But certainly one hell of a talented athlete. He seems ok with being a postal clerk. He talks to anyone. Introduce yourself if you see him. He won’t mind. Better yet, buy him a drink. 

Charlie deserves the recognition.....Didn't like the way he left.... he should have finished his career here....Roberts was one of the best backs this club has ever seen ....He could make you look awful foolish....Many a tackler thought they had him coralled and he'd just slip by them with ease ...Elusive and durable as hell ...one of our all time greats

2 hours ago, Rod Black said:

Many posters here have met Chuckie, I’d say. One thing that strikes you is he’s a chill kind of guy. If he was haulin on a smoke, drinking whiskey, eating cheese burgers, and in the front row with peelers, that is him. He likes it that way. Not particularly an overacheiver. But certainly one hell of a talented athlete. He seems ok with being a postal clerk. He talks to anyone. Introduce yourself if you see him. He won’t mind. Better yet, buy him a drink. 

He actually the communication rep at the David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA...for past 2...3 yrs now I believe 

But totally gifted generational back...don't come around like him often

Quite possibly the best cutting running back Ive ever seen. Phenomenal out of the back field, could break your ankles on a dime, durable for the beatings he took ( Diamond Ferry suplexing Roberts at Canad Inns and just bouncing right back up).

It would be criminal to not have Roberts up there, and like mentioned,  worth every penny to watch, one of the greatest Bombers in history. Congrats, Charles!

16 hours ago, Booch said:

He actually the communication rep at the David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA...for past 2...3 yrs now I believe 

But totally gifted generational back...don't come around like him often

Record producer David Geffen??... "David Geffen School of Medicine" just sounds weird...

45 minutes ago, WinnipegGordo said:

Blue Bombers Transactions - August 27, 2024

WINNIPEG, MB., August 27, 2024 – The Winnipeg Blue Bombers today announce the following transactions:

Added to practice roster:
National defensive back/linebacker Lourenz Bowers (5-11, 210, Western)

Lourenz Bowers-Kane... Cousins with Evander Kane