Blue Bombers - 2024 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

2 hours ago, wbbfan said:

https://3downnation.com/2024/03/21/2024-cfl-draft-profiles-western-db-lourenz-bowers-kane/

Meh testing numbers. I don’t really get this move. We’ve got both halletts, Kelly, plus karamoko all for depth. Even weitz is comparable size/athleticism roster filler. 
 If we liked this kid a lot why not have had him in camp?

Feltmate is down again.

Pretty bad that we have nobody on our PR which makes us have to grab guys off the street...like where is our depth

Maybe Schmeck is taking Wallace roster spot...be a shame that we bump off a dline guy who actually is effective...guess we shall see what Osh does...Why Woli and Johnson can't be a one for one swap allowing us to still dress them all...we'd still have the same amount of receivers on roster...and if Schmeck is on for Wallace no reason he can't come in for a jumbo set...

37 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Feltmate is down again.

But I mean feltmate is actually good on teams and useful as a blocker. If this is the best we can do for a replacement like that it’s pretty sad. 

12 minutes ago, Booch said:

Pretty bad that we have nobody on our PR which makes us have to grab guys off the street...like where is our depth

Maybe Schmeck is taking Wallace roster spot...be a shame that we bump off a dline guy who actually is effective...guess we shall see what Osh does...Why Woli and Johnson can't be a one for one swap allowing us to still dress them all...we'd still have the same amount of receivers on roster...and if Schmeck is on for Wallace no reason he can't come in for a jumbo set...

I mean even for a guy off the streets it’s lacklustre. Zero cfl camps practices etc. 

could even go wheatfall for Jonson and woli on instead of schmeck. Woli starts and clercius is off the bench. Then for our heavy set clercius and woli both go on. 

Manu the offensive lineman that we drafted last year made the Detroit Lions 53 man roster. They will continue to develop him.   

Here’s an interesting film study on how he did in preseason games this year.  Seems the be more of a pass then run blocker at this stage of things. 

Edited by Colin Unger

16 hours ago, Booch said:

Pretty bad that we have nobody on our PR which makes us have to grab guys off the street...like where is our depthP

Yup can't say that old mantra next man up with any confidence.

14 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Yup can't say that old mantra next man up with any confidence.

yeah....but....every guy in the room...gives us a chance to win...and are all starters...Just ask Oshea...he'll tell you hahaha

1 hour ago, rebusrankin said:

Manu is not coming for a long time, if ever.

If he doesn’t develop into an active roster player by next tc, even if he stays healthy, I think he will exhaust his nfl opportunities with lots left in the tank. 
 Seems they like him out of camp in Detroit, only time will tell. 

7 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

If he doesn’t develop into an active roster player by next tc, even if he stays healthy, I think he will exhaust his nfl opportunities with lots left in the tank. 
 Seems they like him out of camp in Detroit, only time will tell. 

He made the active roster

4 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

Manu is not coming for a long time, if ever.

Yeah probably never.  If you do get him he'll be an overpaid guy who is washed like Covington on BC.

There's basically 400 OL spots in the NFL and they all pay more than he'd make in the CFL even practice roster.  And there's no limit on PR time anymore.  Could have a 40 year old guy with 18 years in the league on your PR.

11 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Yeah probably never.  If you do get him he'll be an overpaid guy who is washed like Covington on BC.

There's basically 400 OL spots in the NFL and they all pay more than he'd make in the CFL even practice roster.  And there's no limit on PR time anymore.  Could have a 40 year old guy with 18 years in the league on your PR.

Wow that puts things into perspective.

1 hour ago, M.O.A.B. said:

Just noticed, we have added RB Kaiden Banfield and DT Zack Davis to Practice Roster. Both from Winnipeg Rifles.

Have the Rifles done anything in the past 10+ years? I honestly don't know but anytime I hear about them it's usually getting stomped by some team.

58 minutes ago, SectionKBlackout said:

Have the Rifles done anything in the past 10+ years? I honestly don't know but anytime I hear about them it's usually getting stomped by some team.

Our junior football scene just isn't as strong as the other western provinces and it shows on the field.  Our best players often leave to play elsewhere (Banfield for example had been playing in BC).

15 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Yea....the expanded PRs and the change to eligibility pretty much guarantee that NFL teams can keep their OL pipeline filled almost indefinitely. It was a smart move by the NFL to protect their QBs.

On 2024-08-27 at 5:51 PM, wbbfan said:

https://3downnation.com/2024/03/21/2024-cfl-draft-profiles-western-db-lourenz-bowers-kane/

Meh testing numbers. I don’t really get this move. We’ve got both halletts, Kelly, plus karamoko all for depth. Even weitz is comparable size/athleticism roster filler. 
 If we liked this kid a lot why not have had him in camp?

It's probably more to do with him playing the SLB position in college.  Depth is a good thing.

our addition of 2 Rifles to the PR does nothing to help us...gives us zero coverage/depth and are total non factors for this season....last yr as well we had a guy on roster for no purpose....sure...its nice and warm and fuzzy showing support to the local junior team, but nobody else does that....because it's pointless.....and if that is the best we can scrounge together for PR depth in lieu of injury or under performing...we are in a sad state of affairs

A legit LB prospect...a Canadian Oline guy who actually has a chance of being on the roster....A legit return demon.....A actually punter....all things that would have served us well the last several weeks....but we seem to be more concerned with running some guys into the ground being not healthy, or just not good enough game in or game out....or playing guys out of positioon.....is that a characteristic of a well functioning team?....I think not...save the public relation and good vibes crap for training camp...or when the PR opens up for that several week window later in the yr....not when you are under seige with injury and lack luster performers...in the heat of a playoff positioning race

6 minutes ago, Booch said:

our addition of 2 Rifles to the PR does nothing to help us...gives us zero coverage/depth and are total non factors for this season....last yr as well we had a guy on roster for no purpose....sure...its nice and warm and fuzzy showing support to the local junior team, but nobody else does that....because it's pointless.....and if that is the best we can scrounge together for PR depth in lieu of injury or under performing...we are in a sad state of affairs

A legit LB prospect...a Canadian Oline guy who actually has a chance of being on the roster....A legit return demon.....A actually punter....all things that would have served us well the last several weeks....but we seem to be more concerned with running some guys into the ground being not healthy, or just not good enough game in or game out....or playing guys out of positioon.....is that a characteristic of a well functioning team?....I think not...save the public relation and good vibes crap for training camp...or when the PR opens up for that several week window later in the yr....not when you are under seige with injury and lack luster performers...in the heat of a playoff positioning race

I get the PR angle if we have a couple open spots for a week or two but Walters needs to end this as you suggest.

1 hour ago, CrazyCanuck89 said:

It's probably more to do with him playing the SLB position in college.  Depth is a good thing.

You think a cis kid who didn’t get a single cfl camp shot as an udfa is going to give us depth at Sam? Every cis school had a kid playing sam, and most all of them haven’t gotten a cfl look. We could’ve brought back nico McCarthy who was a Canadian db here in camp. Or gone digging through other teams cuts. 
 A Canadian db who wasn’t drafted and wasn’t brought into any ones camp doesn’t provide mid season depth in the cfl. That guy has a 0% chance of stepping in at Sam and succeeding. 
 But we don’t have a need for ni db depth.