Blue Bombers - 2024 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

17 minutes ago, Booch said:

We need another Hunt clone...and gimme another Ron Warner...before his NFL return...

Came back all like 290 lol. Looked like trent cornet now. 

I’d take a Jamal westerman, Gavin walls, Jackson Jeffcoat, etc. 

But to be honest it’d be nice if we could find the next cam wake, Brent Johnson or Joe montford. I want to see a 20 sack dominant campaign in blue n gold. A LT type impact player that the offence has to account and game plan for on every snap. 

5 minutes ago, Booch said:

I'd take that!

Pass rushing kind of drives me nuts. I just can’t wrap by head around this lack of desire to polish the hard pass rush skills and techniques. There are soo many options for every skill set that just require practice. 
 If you have reasonable front size, and 1 strong pro athlete attribute and other wise average you can polish your self into a monster. You don’t need the biggest bench, best get off, or elite run/jump numbers, you need to have the head for the chess game and the work ethic/drive to not lose a single snap. 

The general polish of guys up here is getting worse from the early 2k era. 

The cfl needs to have people involved in stuff like the von miller pass rush clinic, masterminds/cool clinic, Doug Baldwin clinic etc. 

9 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Pass rushing kind of drives me nuts. I just can’t wrap by head around this lack of desire to polish the hard pass rush skills and techniques. There are soo many options for every skill set that just require practice. 
 If you have reasonable front size, and 1 strong pro athlete attribute and other wise average you can polish your self into a monster. You don’t need the biggest bench, best get off, or elite run/jump numbers, you need to have the head for the chess game and the work ethic/drive to not lose a single snap. 

The general polish of guys up here is getting worse from the early 2k era. 

The cfl needs to have people involved in stuff like the von miller pass rush clinic, masterminds/cool clinic, Doug Baldwin clinic etc. 

That would help....but also this move toward practice for pussssies....yiu have no chance to actually work on anything...or a guy to show he has the chops...and on a team where playing is based on tenure and vet status....well good luck with getting a shot

Also....injuries and guys just getting minor knicks now can be attributed to this lack of contact practice and training camps

7 minutes ago, Booch said:

That would help....but also this move toward practice for pussssies....yiu have no chance to actually work on anything...or a guy to show he has the chops...and on a team where playing is based on tenure and vet status....well good luck with getting a shot

Also....injuries and guys just getting minor knicks now can be attributed to this lack of contact practice and training camps

I do hate the low/no contact practice too. Really devalues developmental guys after tc ends. 

4 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

I do hate the low/no contact practice too. Really devalues developmental guys after tc ends. 

if u able to watch an in season practice.....they almost pointless.....it's basically just an install of the weeks game plan....no battles or any evaluation of who should play....its truly country club atmosphere and proceedings

by pointless...I mean player evaluation and opportunity to crack lineup

Edited by Booch

6 hours ago, Booch said:

I'd push the bulk of if not all the guaranteed to this yr if we can do that with garuanteed...if not move most of what we can of the non guaranteed salary into 2024 with a restructure...so essentially we only on the books for 250k of his contract for 2025

Guaranteed money can only be included in the final year of a contract so that's not an option. Would have to be the non-guaranteed portion of his salary.

5 hours ago, Booch said:

You realize practice time was altered and reduced at the request of the CFLPA right?  As in the players voted for these amendments. Is your schtick to be the disgruntled outsider against both sides?

14 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

You realize practice time was altered and reduced at the request of the CFLPA right?  As in the players voted for these amendments. Is your schtick to be the disgruntled outsider against both sides?

I do know yeah...what's your point?

41 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Seems to be unhappy that you aren’t blindly in the camp of the teams or pa? Idk, I guess in the hyper polarized world we live in the worst thing is to be an objective centrist. 

PA may voted for it...I can tell you the players didn't really care one way or another  and weren't necessarily heels dug into the dirt pushing for it.

and if you asked most...would rather have more actual "practices"

Practicing...with pads....contact in camp and even during the season....conditions the body to not get hurt...minor knicks...fumble and drops...shittty tackling....

Why do you think you see so many ole's and whiffs on tackles...and this mob mentality of guys trying to strip the ball out as the ball carrier gains 4..5..8 extra yards....and also why does it seem like there are so many more injuries now.....there is a reason

Limiting practices and scrimmage work isnt the elixir to minimize injury....it's the illegal hits ...

57 minutes ago, Booch said:

PA may voted for it...I can tell you the players didn't really care one way or another  and weren't necessarily heels dug into the dirt pushing for it.

Practicing...with pads....contact in camp and even during the season....conditions the body to not get hurt...minor knicks...fumble and drops...shittty tackling....

Why do you think you see so many ole's and whiffs on tackles...and this mob mentality of guys trying to strip the ball out as the ball carrier gains 4..5..8 extra yards....and also why does it seem like there are so many more injuries now.....there is a reason

Limiting practices and scrimmage work isnt the elixir to minimize injury....it's the illegal hits ...

"PA may voted for it" = players voted for it.  Solomon Elimimian isn't consorting with Jake Thomas to reduce practice time, he's representing the will of the players through negotiation.

19 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

"PA may voted for it" = players voted for it.  Solomon Elimimian isn't consorting with Jake Thomas to reduce practice time, he's representing the will of the players through negotiation.

but was here nor there really....was a ways to a means to achieve other concessions

Whats Jake got to do with it tho?

1 hour ago, Booch said:

100%. A happy balance exists some place. I get you don’t want to go back to two-a-days mid season and get away from that kind of approach. The pendulum has gone too far In the other direction now. 1 full pad full contact practice between games with one no pads is the bare minimum imo. Some times teams need two padded full practices between games. Shouldn’t happen often but say twice a year would be good. 

38 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

You're always talking about Jake, everything is relative to Jake. 😄

oh haha....well he is a pointless player for us last 2 yrs so yup he is an issue that could easily fix multiple things if he was abolished....now u mentioned it maybe he pined for limited practice and exertion....hahaha

26 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Jake is the measuring rod for bad roster management. The navy seal was a 1.5 Jake’s below replacement player. Johnson is a .85 jakebar lol 

u forgot punter guy haha

Just now, Booch said:

oh haha....well he is a pointless player for us last 2 yrs so yup he is an issue that could easily fix multiple things if he was abolished....now u mentioned it maybe he pined for limited practice and exertion....hahaha

u forgot punter guy haha

Oh man he’s gotta be a good 2.25 jakebar. Kola maybe a 6 lol 

3 minutes ago, Colin Unger said:

Any thoughts on who we bring in?   Dolegala comes to mind.  Anything else out there? 

I bet it Cornelius

7 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

Strev just confirmed on his instagram that he torn 3 of the 4 ligaments in his knee done for the year.

I feel his pain...I did that 2x

He will be back earliest June/July...