Blue Bombers - 2024 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

6 minutes ago, Booch said:

I bet it Cornelius

I feel his pain...I did that 2x

He will be back earliest June/July...

I could see that. I hope they act fast and get some one in studying the play book and working with buck. No excuse to not have them reasonably up to speed for the next game. 

Strev is a beast. I bet he’s doing limited stuff in camp. The real question will be at what level does he return? Honestly if he comes back and is no longer a gadget guy that’s a good thing. 

1 minute ago, rebusrankin said:

Cornelius feels like an uggh to me. Although guess pickings are slim.

Pretty much. IMO at best corny can run package plays and some game management short passing game. 

Other dark horses, former camp cut from this year or last.

2 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

I could see that. I hope they act fast and get some one in studying the play book and working with buck. No excuse to not have them reasonably up to speed for the next game. 

Strev is a beast. I bet he’s doing limited stuff in camp. The real question will be at what level does he return? Honestly if he comes back and is no longer a gadget guy that’s a good thing. 

was gonna say...when hestarts back upand is ready to go this may actually be when they let him play traditional QB and stop the battering rm nonesense...and you know he wll come back in phenomenal condition...he's gonna bust his ass training

2 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Pretty much. IMO at best corny can run package plays and some game management short passing game. 

Other dark horses, former camp cut from this year or last.

yeah...Ws Corny in camo anywhere this yr....if he wasnt that may put Dolebannana in the front of the line...though not sure what he would be like as the short yardage guy...Corny can do that welll, and heavy balls comments aside...I think he throws a better ball

It will have to be a guy tho you think with starting experience....kind of has to be

I willing to give Corny the benefit of the doubt as he was in Circus Central in Edm and had next to know pieces to work with....and a lost coaching staff

Banana had time in BC...and really didnt look good there either....Dark horse is peeling Doege off the Elks PR

4 minutes ago, Colin Unger said:

I wonder what the cost of acquiring Masoli would be 

That’d be top of my list. If we can get him for a reasonable price like a 3rd/4th that converts to a higher pick if he takes over as starter I’d pull the trigger. 

5 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

I kind of dread picking up dolegala. He’s exactly the nfl trap prospect I loathe. Giant size and weight with reasonable cfl athleticism, big arm strength, the high potential low production, and the calm disinterest that looks like poise. 

He’d be better than poopkup or davis being brought in.  But low on the list for me. He’s a poor man’s Taylor Cornelius.  Corny is significantly more athletic, has better deep accuracy, some better less tangibles like ball fakes, and most importantly mental toughness. That kid took a beating for 3 years and started on the worst team with little talent around him and didn’t crack. And with corny, we could always use him in strevelers role as qb3 and get some one like Masoli. 

top tier, probably not available or too expensive 
Masoli, blm 

Tier 2 probably expensive but worthy risks

Crum, Adams, ford

Tier 3 cheaper moderate upside low floor

shiltz, Cornelius

tier 4, cheap and fast to bring in

Diving through our former cuts

tier 5 the dumpster dive

pipkin, dolegala 

54 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

Strev just confirmed on his instagram that he torn 3 of the 4 ligaments in his knee done for the year.

The lateral impact on his knee and the exten tto which it deformed under the impact was horrific to watch, let alone experience firsthand. Despite the picture clearly showing the tackler's hands around Strever's knee and below, the gappers are still defending the hit. Sad to say, this may be it for Streveler's career in pro football. I lived with chronic knee pain for 4 years before my knee replacement and all kinds of bad things happen under those conditions. If the league does nothing, it will be just a matter of time before it happens again to another QB, receiver or RB.

Edited by Tracker

I just can't see teams that are still in the mix letting go of a QB. Only 3 weeks to the trade deadline, I think, and probably only Hamilton will be out of it. Certainly it's hard to imagine a BC or OTT giving up valuable QB depth because they're both only one injury away from needing that depth themselves.

12 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

That’d be top of my list. If we can get him for a reasonable price like a 3rd/4th that converts to a higher pick if he takes over as starter I’d pull the trigger. 

I kind of dread picking up dolegala. He’s exactly the nfl trap prospect I loathe. Giant size and weight with reasonable cfl athleticism, big arm strength, the high potential low production, and the calm disinterest that looks like poise. 

He’d be better than poopkup or davis being brought in.  But low on the list for me. He’s a poor man’s Taylor Cornelius.  Corny is significantly more athletic, has better deep accuracy, some better less tangibles like ball fakes, and most importantly mental toughness. That kid took a beating for 3 years and started on the worst team with little talent around him and didn’t crack. And with corny, we could always use him in strevelers role as qb3 and get some one like Masoli. 

I'd be in Corny's ear

in 2022 on a crap crap team and environment he threw for almost 2800 yards with 11 TD's and 9 picks....ran for 500 more with 7 td's

Plus he has history with Lawler and Lawler made some crazy sick catches with Corny tossing the ball out to him....That be my target

Plus he only 28....and really many a player has looked significantly better in a new environment...We have seen the Prukopps...Pipkins...Bananaboy....all still look like garbage in multiple places

2 minutes ago, Tracker said:

The lateral impact on his knee and the exten tto which it deformed under the impact was horrific to watch, let alone experience firsthand. Despite the picture clearly showing the tackler's hands around Strever's knee and below, the gappers are still defending the hit. Sad to say, this may be it for Streveler's career in pro football. I lived with chronic knee pain for 4 years before my knee replacement and all kinds of bad things happen under those conditions. If the league does nothing, it will be just a matter of time before it happens again to another QB, receiver or RB.

He will be back...I had one instance where all 4 were obliterated...and another with 3 of the 4....and that was when surgery was so intrusive....and was a minimum of 12 months rehab before you could really attemot any vigorous sports type work

He's also still relatively young.....He will be back

Masoli is absolutely who is be curious about. He and Collaros go way back. Might cost a bit but I wonder if the extra second rounder from next year would move the needle...

1 minute ago, Atomic said:

Pretty sure bidding starts at a first and goes up from there

A first is only for a starter, not a back up. It's a 2nd rounder at most.