Blue Bombers - 2024 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

I like the idea Masoli. Last time we traded for a vet QB coming off an injury late in the season because we lost a QB for the season it worked out pretty good. 

7 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

No way any playoff team trades there backup even Ottawa who would you want in a playoff ga,e Masoli or Crum. Schultz probably would be worth a late round pick.

Ottawa might like one of Masoli or Crum more and trade the other. 

Ottawa has had a ridiculous run of QB injuries.  They'd be nuts to trade away a proven QB1A guy like Masoli while they're positioned to host a home playoff game.  You don't want to roll out Crum as your QB in a game that could turn around your franchise's fortunes.

I think that Booch has me convinced that our best option is to go after Heavy Balls and make him Heavy Blue Balls.

1 hour ago, TBURGESS said:

What do folks think we'll be willing to give up for a 2nd string QB from another team?

Thomas and Sheehan...please

20 minutes ago, johnzo said:

Ottawa has had a ridiculous run of QB injuries.  They'd be nuts to trade away a proven QB1A guy like Masoli while they're positioned to host a home playoff game.  You don't want to roll out Crum as your QB in a game that could turn around your franchise's fortunes.

I think that Booch has me convinced that our best option is to go after Heavy Balls and make him Heavy Blue Balls.

I like

Gives us some Blue Heavy Balls

1 hour ago, Atomic said:

I just can't see teams that are still in the mix letting go of a QB. Only 3 weeks to the trade deadline, I think, and probably only Hamilton will be out of it. Certainly it's hard to imagine a BC or OTT giving up valuable QB depth because they're both only one injury away from needing that depth themselves.

I can certainly see that, but bc has 3 guys. So I could see them letting one go, especially for a roster player instead of a pick  

1 hour ago, Booch said:

I'd be in Corny's ear

in 2022 on a crap crap team and environment he threw for almost 2800 yards with 11 TD's and 9 picks....ran for 500 more with 7 td's

Plus he has history with Lawler and Lawler made some crazy sick catches with Corny tossing the ball out to him....That be my target

Plus he only 28....and really many a player has looked significantly better in a new environment...We have seen the Prukopps...Pipkins...Bananaboy....all still look like garbage in multiple places

Yup. Best mix of ceiling and floor imo. Plus you can keep him if he plays well to run the strev package and use strev as a real qb2. 
The great thing about a guy like corny is if we get him, we drop the trade cost of a guy like Masoli. No one can hold our feet over the coals for a crazy package like we got for willy. 

1 hour ago, TBURGESS said:

What do folks think we'll be willing to give up for a 2nd string QB from another team?

In terms of draft stock 

Masoli/blm maybe a 2nd or a conditional pick that could move up to a first if they take over. 
 Other wise it’s 3rd or lower. Maybe a mix of lower picks and a neg lister

For value off the roster, a depth piece. If some one likes a guy like bridges, hallett, habba, garbutt, or a swap with Wilson possibly if we get a vet. 

57 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

Might have to sweeten the pot a little bit.  Throwing in an autographed Damian Jackson jersey should do it.😂

Maybe Johnson too? And buck pierce? 

56 minutes ago, Mike said:

Drew Willy is only 37

Bet he still wakes up in a cold sweet with flash backs of the hits. 

18 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

Khari Jones is younger than Brett Favre.

Low key would like him to be our oc. He coached/called zone read/rpo/read option the best of any one in the cfl. He also knows how to run the screen/quick game very well. 

Edited by wbbfan

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

Masoli is absolutely who is be curious about. He and Collaros go way back. Might cost a bit but I wonder if the extra second rounder from next year would move the needle...

A first is only for a starter, not a back up. It's a 2nd rounder at most. 

2nd rounder doesn't get you Adams, BLM or Masoli. Zero chance of that happening. Certainly not Tre Ford either - that's multiple first round picks + more. I think we should be realistic in our expectations here. We'll bring in a free agent like Corny or pay out the nose for someone's backup. No one is looking to do us any favours.

1 hour ago, Mike said:

Drew Willy is only 37

I'm shocked he is that old. Where does the time go...

I think we could have pried someone out of Calgary, maybe even Maier, if Boner hadn't been so awful for them.

Edited by Atomic

Another thing about Corny, in 2018 he got the starting job over our pal Dru Brown at OK State.

He rushed for over 500 yards in ‘22.

Oops, MOS might notice that the angular Cornelius has a brother in,…The U.S. Navy!! 

19 minutes ago, CodyT said:

I think Masoli is everyone's favorite choice. Can't see it though.

Corny would be interesting, booch made a good point about playing with Lawler. I'm sure he could give some insight to the brass..

If they got Masoli I think there chances of winning the GC would go way up, he's the only QB mentioned that could step in for Zach and pull games out of the fire when Zach can't get anything started, and the competition between them would make them both better.  They could resurrect the QB tandem.   

2 hours ago, Fatty Liver said:

If they got Masoli I think there chances of winning the GC would go way up, he's the only QB mentioned that could step in for Zach and pull games out of the fire when Zach can't get anything started, and the competition between them would make them both better.  They could resurrect the QB tandem.   

With his injury history, I'd be afraid to sign Masoli  with our OL right now. 

I’d give Dolebananna or Cornelius a cup of coffee at least. Corny first probably, behind our line would probably have more value. 

I still think if they’re going to trade for anyone it should be Dustin Crum. He can run SY and most if not all of what they had Strev do. Plus, I mean, we’ve seen him win a game or 2 behind a bad oline. 

Ottawa’s not giving up Masoli I wouldn’t think, but I’m sure we could pry Crum away for a second/third rounder and maybe a guy like Bridges or Cole. 

Edited by JohnnyAbonny