Blue Bombers - 2024 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

We need to let Wilson grow into the short yardage package as at best Strev won't be available until July if not later

We need to acquire a guy for #2 that has starter experience/reps and knows the league by any means possible...that's rhe only option really 

And in my opinion it is Corny if we can't get Masoli or Shiltz 

Cant trade for QB with BC, SSK, TOR as they are inly carrying 3 QBs each at the moment.

HAM, CGY, EDM, OTT, MTL carries 4 QBs each but the 4th are all in 6-game IR - Matt Shiltz, Taylor Powell, Jaret Doege, Tyrie Adams and Caleb Evans.

Edited by M.O.A.B.

9 hours ago, Fatty Liver said:

If they got Masoli I think there chances of winning the GC would go way up, he's the only QB mentioned that could step in for Zach and pull games out of the fire when Zach can't get anything started, and the competition between them would make them both better.  They could resurrect the QB tandem.   

Yeah, I remember all those great Masoli victories and his ability to stay healthy. 

If we bring in Masoli, we may as well bring his replacement in at the same time. 

Edited by JCon

42 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

That seems the oddest of the choices but I know basically nothing about him.

https://www.foxsports.com/stories/usfl/usfl-draft-2022-philadelphia-stars-take-qb-bryan-scott

https://nfldraftblitz.com/2022/10/13/xfl-profile-qb-bryan-scott-the-aaron-rodgers-of-division-iii/

The Aaron rogers of division 3 lol. Spring league MVP, a lot of bouncing around. Good athleticism, and good arm talent. Gets it out quick, and seems to have a good feel for the rush. It's a real interesting move. Kind of guy I'd like to have on the Pr, or as qb3 ideally. He's pretty old already, 29 years. But guys like that on their last shot can be dangerous, like khari jones. 

Hope we don't sign dolegala. 

Edited by wbbfan

17 minutes ago, blue85gold said:

Two guys that are at least in game shape, were in camps, and have played this year. Who knows where Corny is or what kind of shape he's in. 

Hope they are still looking for a trade partner.

For all we know Corny has moved on from football at this point... The two they are bringing in seem to be the most logical... 

1 hour ago, Booch said:

Weird choices I think...neither would be a guy you would want having to start a series of games having minimal experience...Scott...basically has no experience really

I think anyone they bring in now (unless via trade) will almost certainly be behind Wilson on the depth chart.

Just now, M.O.A.B. said:

I would sign the FB that was recently cut by Cgy. That's a big dude and let him do the SY stuff like what BC is doing.

I'd rather let Brady do it honestly. No need to get a QB in there at all. Brady and Johnny in the back field.

4 minutes ago, JCon said:

How difficult is it to learn to take a snap? This is an honest question. Like, BO has probably never or rarely taken a direct snap, nor has he read the defense from directly behind centre, so how quickly could he pick it up if we lined him up there? 

Brady's taken a number of direct snaps this year... every time the QB starts wandering off to the left side of the line, there has been a direct snap to Brady who then runs up the gut... they did it on Saturday on a short yardage play.

4 minutes ago, Sard said:

Brady's taken a number of direct snaps this year... every time the QB starts wandering off to the left side of the line, there has been a direct snap to Brady who then runs up the gut... they did it on Saturday on a short yardage play.

I remember some direct snaps from the shot gun, pistol but under centre too? 

Neg List Players....discuss

WINNIPEG BLUE BOMBERS

Chase Artopoeus | QB | Chattanooga
Kyler Baugh | DL | Minnesota
Dylan Drummond | WR | Eastern Michigan
Maalik Hall | DL | Southeastern Oklahoma State
Jake Hornibrook | OL | Duke
Emory Jones | QB | Cincinnati
Andrew Parker Jr. | LB | Appalachian State
Kiondre Thomas | DB | Kansas State
Trey Vaval | DB | Minnesota State-Mankato
Cameron Wire | OL | Tulane