Blue Bombers - 2024 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

1 minute ago, Atomic said:

Emory Jones is an interesting one. He actually played for ASU and the Florida Gators before ending up at Cincinnati. He was a training camp cut by the Ravens this season. I'd be pretty surprised if he gets another NFL shot so we could be seeing him here sooner rather than later.

Same with Baugh...I like this one..undrafted guy....already been cut by one team

He a big bodied 300 poud gap eating interior guy...who is strong as heck,,,over 30 reps I believe in the bench....but he also athletic and has really good technique....and been well coached in hand work...so not just a bullrush type guy....could see him sooner than later too, 

2 hours ago, Rod Black said:

Yeah. Dologala is tall. 

Yep. If he was 6’1 and 205 lbs, would he have a pro career? I don’t think so. 

1 hour ago, JCon said:

How difficult is it to learn to take a snap? This is an honest question. Like, BO has probably never or rarely taken a direct snap, nor has he read the defense from directly behind centre, so how quickly could he pick it up if we lined him up there? 

it’s not hard, unless you have some the odd centre that fires it off really fast like kelce did in the nfl. 
 If you play a ball handling position, taking a snap should be easy and fast to learn. 

55 minutes ago, JCon said:

I remember some direct snaps from the shot gun, pistol but under centre too? 

not under centre. 

3 hours ago, Noeller said:

Dolegala as well...

I mean...if they are heading to Winnipeg they are signing here.

1 hour ago, M.O.A.B. said:

I would sign the FB that was recently cut by Cgy. That's a big dude and let him do the SY stuff like what BC is doing.

He's not a running back and never has been.

He's more of a receiver/tight end type.

1 hour ago, JCon said:

How difficult is it to learn to take a snap? This is an honest question. Like, BO has probably never or rarely taken a direct snap, nor has he read the defense from directly behind centre, so how quickly could he pick it up if we lined him up there? 

In the amount of time you have before the line is on you if you can't accept it and make a play....really hard to learn.

Like in a football season we spend hours and hours and hours on QB centre exchange in tons of drills that don't have a live D.  At any type of competitive level you couldn't just be like "damn this guy is athletic, let's play him at QB on Friday" if the guy has zero experience with it.

11 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

I mean...if they are heading to Winnipeg they are signing here.

He's not a running back and never has been.

He's more of a receiver/tight end type.

If they are heading here for sure they are signing, we ain't flying them out for VJs and good dope like Duron Carter used to fly in for..lmao

8 minutes ago, Goalie said:

There aren’t a ton of QBs available really. CFL has a QB problem. I’m not sure what ppl expected. Dolegala makes sense to me. As does this Scott guy. There just isn’t any Kevin Glenn’s around anymore 

Well there are... Masoli being one... But you're not looking for a starter. Just someone to be a vet back up. And it's gonna cost you, apparently. Also it is 100% O'Shea's M.O. to promote the in house guy before bringing someone else in. Loyalty to a fault. 

1 hour ago, Booch said:

Same with Baugh...I like this one..undrafted guy....already been cut by one team

He a big bodied 300 poud gap eating interior guy...who is strong as heck,,,over 30 reps I believe in the bench....but he also athletic and has really good technique....and been well coached in hand work...so not just a bullrush type guy....could see him sooner than later too, 

Hi scouting report does point out some weaknesses, mostly that he tends to overrun plays and not pay adequate attention to the whole play. Sounds like this can easily be coached away if he has the smarts and attitude, but physically he looks to have the tools.

11 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Well there are... Masoli being one... But you're not looking for a starter. Just someone to be a vet back up. And it's gonna cost you, apparently. Also it is 100% O'Shea's M.O. to promote the in house guy before bringing someone else in. Loyalty to a fault. 

Why would a playoff team Ottawa trade us Masoli. ? Then brown gets hurt and they in our situation really cuz Crum ain’t it either. 

19 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

In the amount of time you have before the line is on you if you can't accept it and make a play....really hard to learn.

Like in a football season we spend hours and hours and hours on QB centre exchange in tons of drills that don't have a live D.  At any type of competitive level you couldn't just be like "damn this guy is athletic, let's play him at QB on Friday" if the guy has zero experience with it.

You mean like tyreek hill running the wildcat? the skill floor and experience level is a huge huge factor. Last year or the year before the REDBLACKS ran out of QBs and ran out a wr in the wildcat for I think a quarter? 
 We’ve also seen guys forced into holding for kickers on short notice, which is much harder than taking a snap under centre. 

1 minute ago, Goalie said:

Why would a playoff team Ottawa trade us Masoli. ? Then brown gets hurt and they in our situation really cuz Crum ain’t it either. 

Saskatchewan traded Collaros to Toronto in 19, and the riders won the west that year. In 22 the als finished 2nd in the east and traded Vernon Adams jr to bc, who was also a play off team. That’s just off the top of my head. Was Arbuckle traded mid season once? Edmonton traded us Matt Nichols mid season, I believe we traded away Willy mid season too. 

In the cfl you take trade value when you can get it. 

33 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Masoli hasn't been any good in years.

21 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Zach hadn’t looked good  in a long time in 19 too. 
 any way you cut it, the available QBs list is ugly. You seldom get a guy that going into it, you would be happy with being qb1 out of camp. 

Zac played quite well with the Riders in 2018. In '19 every game he finished he won.

Edited by GCn20

2 hours ago, GCn20 said:

Zac played quite well with the Riders in 2018. In '19 every game he finished he won.

I think nostalgia is kicking in in 18 zach. He has 3 games with 270 or more yards, with a combined 1 td and as many games with 106 yards passing or less, 1 Game with more than 1 td (2), 2 games with more tds that picks (both 1-0) with 5 games where he tossed more picks than tds. 2999 passing yards 9 tds 13 picks in 14 starts, with 7.8 per completion. This year in 13 starts he has 2932 yards 8tds 13 picks 8.3 per completion. 
 Prior to that was the legendary 9 start 0 win ticat season. 

15 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

I think nostalgia is kicking in in 18 zach. He has 3 games with 270 or more yards, with a combined 1 td and as many games with 106 yards passing or less, 1 Game with more than 1 td (2), 2 games with more tds that picks (both 1-0) with 5 games where he tossed more picks than tds. 2999 passing yards 9 tds 13 picks in 14 starts, with 7.8 per completion. This year in 13 starts he has 2932 yards 8tds 13 picks 8.3 per completion. 
 Prior to that was the legendary 9 start 0 win ticat season. 

What was his win/loss record? Only stat that matters. Sometimes as a QB you gotta play with the hand that's dealt to you and get your wins. That's why stats and a buck fifty won't by you a large coffee.

You value them..I don't.. we will have to agree to disagree on that.

Edited by GCn20