Blue Bombers - 2024 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

22 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

What was his win/loss record? Only stat that matters. Sometimes as a QB you gotta play with the hand that's dealt to you and get your wins. That's why stats and a buck fifty won't by you a large coffee.

You value them..I don't.. we will have to agree to disagree on that.

lol you’re saying you don’t value stats then saying wins are important as a stat. 
 Stats, will get you a multi million dollar career in sports. What is Cody Fajardos record as a starter compared to zach, Khari jones, Kevin Glenn and Mike Reilly? What was the starter record for Matt Nichols and Tim tebow, and why did teams throw away two “winning” qbs? 

Seriously though, is tee Martin a better college qb than Peyton manning? Dan Marino over Montana? Blm over rourke, Matt Nichols top 5 qb in bomber history? 

Agreeing to disagree is fine, but if you think Collaros was good in 18, that’s just silly. Almost as silly as ermagerd qb wins! 

1 hour ago, Booch said:

throw's a heavy ball too...I heard that I think

Yeah. One of the heaviest.

41 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

He can scramble. 

Oh yeah. Big Son of a ***** like that would be tough to bring down. 

Edited by Rod Black

49 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

If I was him, every minute I had some time to spare. I'd be working on strengthening my hands & speed work. Like boxing or MMA. Stuff you can do on your own. 

Watching film too, the report says he doesn’t make sound decisions in the 2nd level. Really sounds like just a big body who isn’t particularly good at anything. 

5 minutes ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

Watching film too, the report says he doesn’t make sound decisions in the 2nd level. Really sounds like just a big body who isn’t particularly good at anything. 

So basically a larger version of Kolo? With wrong passport 

25 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Cornelius has never played a stretch of games anywhere close to as well as Dolegala did last year with Sask in 9 starts over his parts of 3 seasons as Edmonton's starter.

And he had a way better surrounding cast.

2022 9 starts 1 bye week 6-14

1901 pass yards  8 tds 6 ints 5 rushing tds 291rush yards 243 total yards per game 1.44 tds per game. 

vs

Last 9 games of 2400 yards 10 tds 9 ints 57 rush yards 273 yards per game 1.11 tds. 

that Edmonton team was a 4 win team tied for last in the league. The riders won 6 finishing 3rd in the west. The elk were 1-4 when Cornelius took over. The riders were 4-5, hands down better than the team Cornelius took over. 

2 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

He can scramble. 

Maybe as mobile as zach. 

7 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

2022 9 starts 1 bye week 6-14

1901 pass yards  8 tds 6 ints 5 rushing tds 291rush yards 243 total yards per game 1.44 tds per game. 

vs

Last 9 games of 2400 yards 10 tds 9 ints 57 rush yards 273 yards per game 1.11 tds. 

that Edmonton team was a 4 win team tied for last in the league. The riders won 6 finishing 3rd in the west. The elk were 1-4 when Cornelius took over. The riders were 4-5, hands down better than the team Cornelius took over. 

Maybe as mobile as zach. 

Edmonton spent over a million dollars on free agent receivers and OL heading into 2022 and 2023 each year.

Sask's 1-2 receivers were Bane and Emilus for Dolegala and their OL continued to be bad.

Dolegala is demonstrably a better passer.

Cornelius from my memory could roll out and throw on the run well.   He made bad decisions throwing in tight coverage and he tossed lasers that bounced off receivers hands.      Had the physical tools to be good but didn't execute well.  

31 minutes ago, bb1 said:

Maybe Cornelius isn't even in any kind of game shape since he hasn't even taken a snap this year,or doesn't want to come up here to finish the year,who knows?

Cornelius severely ruptured his spleen in his last game played against the Argos, he never came back after that injury, maybe it spurred him to move on from football.  Too bad he had the Dru Brown connection from OSU and actually beat him out for the starting job.

11 hours ago, bb1 said:

Maybe Cornelius isn't even in any kind of game shape since he hasn't even taken a snap this year,or doesn't want to come up here to finish the year,who knows?

IMO game shape isn’t as big a deal for qb. Zach wasn’t in game shape for a few weeks, a 20 some thing athletic guy should be fine. Rust, sure an issue. But lots of guys have come out of nowhere away from football. 
 Now the spleen making him wanna call it quits, I can see that. 

14 hours ago, Goalie said:

Ppl pretending like our starter went down when it’s our backup who wasn’t allowed to pass the ball. 

zachs health has been an issue all this year and much of last though. Nature of a 36 year old qb. 
 Rider fans used to say 1 shot away from missing the season, and  it was bs. But now, not so much. 

14 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Edmonton spent over a million dollars on free agent receivers and OL heading into 2022 and 2023 each year.

Sask's 1-2 receivers were Bane and Emilus for Dolegala and their OL continued to be bad.

Dolegala is demonstrably a better passer.

spent it piss poorly. I mean 300k of that was lawler who played what half a season? The two worst ols, one wasn’t markedly worse. 
 I think you can rightly argue better coaching and wrs for Cornelius, but the fit of the coaching in sask was better. Any qb who could hit timing routes would’ve had comparable success. That’s why they let him go. 

If both were the same height and weight as zach, only cornelius would’ve ever gotten a sniff of pro ball. 

16 hours ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

I think it's important to keep in mind that pretty much every player who ends up in the CFL initially had a ton of flaws on their scouting report. There's a reason they aren't in the NFL.