Blue Bombers - 2024 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

26 minutes ago, Atomic said:

I think it's important to keep in mind that pretty much every player who ends up in the CFL initially had a ton of flaws on their scouting report. There's a reason they aren't in the NFL.

I get what you’re saying, but the nature of scouting in general today is that you nit pick every single possible tiny flaw. No one has clean scout reports ever any more.
On the nfls draft scout page they use a 3-8 grading system. 8 is perfect 5.5 is priority free agent.
The vast majority of prospects who play in the cfl and nfl as rookies every year fall between a 5.1 and a 6.5, the big differentiator these days between nfl talent and cfl talent, is size and athleticism. We get a few guys league wide like Adam’s each yeah, every nfl team gets one or two like that. 
 Now the difference between elite nfl players and average nfl starters is a big gap in terms of the chess game and polish. 
  Tyreek hill was a 5.1. Marvin Harrison jr, the 4th overall pick, was a 6.83. Qb Bryce young, the first overall pick, was a 6.82. At the back end of the 3rd round they are drafting guys who are high 5 range. Dalton schoen was a 5.19. Chris smith was a 5.95. 
 These were their flaws. 

Weaknesses

• Room for improvement with release against press.
  • Allowed grabby coverage too much leeway in disrupting his routes.
  • Needs better route efficiency without as much stutter-stepping.
  • Might not have enough blow-by speed to consistently outrun NFL corners.
  • Had uncharacteristic drops in 2023

Weaknesses

• Weighed in at 204 pounds at the NFL Scouting Combine; since 2003, no QB who weighed fewer than 207 pounds at the combine has been drafted in Round 1.
  • Durability will be a concern due to slight frame.
  • Has a tendency to run receivers up against the boundary.
  • Leaves his lower half behind on drive throws at times.
  • Needs to prove he can find reads quickly and stay on schedule.
  • Deep throws come out flat and lose energy late.
  • Doesn’t run as often as he could to counter the rush and pick up first downs.

Edited by wbbfan

24 minutes ago, Booch said:

Buck should just dress...show us all how this scheme is supposed to work....easy on the SMS too

Make him take a couple snaps behind that ol, maybe he will game plan/play call better for pressure lol. 
mos could be the best lber on our team, kinda sad. 

17 minutes ago, Booch said:

Yup...give him a feel for it lol

Buck Pierce upon hearing that flashbackdog.meme (imbedding images here never works for me)

3 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

No thanks. We don't need another qb who will hold on to the ball to long looking for deep shots (I was never a huge buck the player fan).

Me either. I mean, I loved the guys heart and toughness. But as a passer? ick.  

2 minutes ago, Booch said:

Yeah I.meant it.more as punishment 

Yeah, I really didn't want to see buck on the field when he still had a career lol. 

I'll say this too, with how thin we are at back up qb now, I bet we see a ton more of that 3 target pass concept. Its pretty similar to what june jones was running in hamilton back in the day. Keep zach up right, give him as much of a pocket as we can, have him throw tight windows. If they take away the windows? check down to brady. 

4 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Yeah, I really didn't want to see buck on the field when he still had a career lol. 

I'll say this too, with how thin we are at back up qb now, I bet we see a ton more of that 3 target pass concept. Its pretty similar to what june jones was running in hamilton back in the day. Keep zach up right, give him as much of a pocket as we can, have him throw tight windows. If they take away the windows? check down to brady. 

I'll believe it when I see it. We just spent a week talking about how Buck doesn't adjust well

15 hours ago, Brandon said:

Cornelius from my memory could roll out and throw on the run well.   He made bad decisions throwing in tight coverage and he tossed lasers that bounced off receivers hands.      Had the physical tools to be good but didn't execute well.  

Basically had no ability to execute in intermediate passing game which is the lifeblood of a pro offense.

2 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

I'll believe it when I see it. We just spent a week talking about how Buck doesn't adjust well

We saw it last week a handful of times, its always been one of our looks. It's just we used to use it for the slow developing screens more, but its been a thing we do for a while. 

Even longer ago when zach was MOP zach, and we would run the hurry up with the heavy set we would throw out of that base a lot more. It was the safety net back with harris and nichols, and back to plops time with blink/khari. 

2 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

No thanks. We don't need another qb who will hold on to the ball to long looking for deep shots (I was never a huge buck the player fan).

Sacrilege. 

39 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Hope he doesn’t piss hot. 

As it's late in the day I need a translation here please. 

As I recall Buck took some hellacious hits back in the day...I wondered if he would get up at all after getting pounded severely....Say what you want about the guy he's all heart and I think those dead heads in Regina are wondering to themselves....did we really make the right choice going with Mace😉

1 hour ago, WinnipegGordo said:

71 yard field goal. Great work Sergio. Don’t recognize where he is practicing. I’ll  guess using the few clues from the video, he is kicking at Buffalo Stadium at West Texas A&M University. He evidently played there in a town called Canyon TX just south of Amarillo (Helium capital of the world). It is not possible to produce helium artificially. 

On 2024-09-07 at 10:45 PM, Brandon said:

I'm sure the team can sign a guy like Pipkin,  Dolegala, Fine, Cornelius, Pigromes, etc....  

It's not ideal but I'd rather someone familiar with the league then a guy off the street.

I recall that we had some kid called  sam canadian or somthing kicking around here at some point......

QB Casey Bauman (N) 
CFL rights holder: None

The native of Sumas, Wash. qualified for Canadian citizenship through his B.C.-born mother ahead of the 2024 CFL Draft but got scooped up by an NFL team following a solid showing at the CFL Combine. The six-foot-six, 229-pound passer spent the past two seasons at Augustana University, completing 61.0 percent of his passes for 4,160 yards, 43 touchdowns, and 19 interceptions and rushing for 572 yards and six touchdowns.

53 minutes ago, M.O.A.B. said:

QB Casey Bauman (N) 

The native of Sumas, Wash. qualified for Canadian citizenship through his B.C.-born mother ahead of the 2024 CFL Draft but got scooped up by an NFL team following a solid showing at the CFL Combine. The six-foot-six, 229-pound passer spent the past two seasons at Augustana University, completing 61.0 percent of his passes for 4,160 yards, 43 touchdowns, and 19 interceptions and rushing for 572 yards and six touchdowns.

Inb4 bc signs him to a 250k per year deal 

2 hours ago, M.O.A.B. said:

QB Casey Bauman (N) 

He’s tall.